HR offers Paul Gascoigne the chance to work at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR offers Paul Gascoigne the chance to work at QPR

I am aware that this story has emerged on the same day as another about one of his drunken rampages but The Guardian doesn't usually report complete tripe? Make of it what you will I suppose.... http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-gascoigne-qpr
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    75.00%

The poll is expired.

"Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Harry at his very best. Credit to him if this can happen.

Comment

Can you see Gazza being ready for Harry to pick him up at 5.45AM?? Unless he'd been out on the p iss?? Fella's had every chance and more, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Can you see Gazza being ready for Harry to pick him up at 5.45AM?? Unless he'd been out on the p iss?? Fella's had every chance and more, sadly.
        Very true and this story has also emerged today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...-his-home.html
        "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

The bloke is a woman beating, alcoholic junkie. Don't want him anywhere near our youngsters.

Comment

Past the point of help on a training ground.

Needs to be in a home or rehab. Arms around the shoulder only do so much unfortunately.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-binge.html

Looking those pictures makes me think that his odds to survive aren't that good. He looks 30 years older he is. Very very sad

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Can you see Gazza being ready for Harry to pick him up at 5.45AM??.
                Not really but never say never. Funnily enough I've been watching some vids of him at his best. I don't think I've ever seen a better performance in an England shirt than vs Holland. The whole side looked like a unit and he was unbelievable, different class. Him with the kids and Glenda with the older lads, it's a nice dream for those of us who remember we we played the best football in England.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  The bloke is a woman beating, alcoholic junkie. Don't want him anywhere near our youngsters.
                  You just don't get it do you. Some people never will.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    I think many might disagree with you hal9.

Some including myself might think he is just clogging up a space at the Nhs due to self harm, when there might be someone with less of a title, needing the treatment for just unfortunate reasons.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I dont want him anywhere near the club either. Even if he sorted himself out to a degree, he was always a clown and didnt take anything seriously. He could only be a potentially bad influence on impressionable younger players. When it comes to footballing knowhow and ability, they will learn all they need to know by listening to Hoddle who was probably a better player and had his head screwed on and later proved to be a superb manager / coach.

It may sound harsh and you could say credit to Harry for offering an olive branch, but Gazzas gone way beyond that and can't control himself. We dont need that sort of baggage and distraction around QPR when we are finally sorting the ship out behind the scenes.

We aren't a clinic, we're a football club.

Comment

Add to that the fact he probably holds a big grudge against Hoddle for dumping him before the 98 world cup and it will cause issues we dont need. I dont think Harry's really thought this one through.....

Comment

I'd forgotten this was announced too, the man doesn't look anywhere near being able to play, even at Sunday League standard! http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28876767

Comment

What's to get? I think I summed it up pretty well. Don't think I missed anything.

Also as someone else has pointed out Hoddle quite rightly dumped him from the England team. He was entirely disrespectful even allowing for all his badge kissing etc. A waste of oxygen.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                              Add to that the fact he probably holds a big grudge against Hoddle for dumping him before the 98 world cup and it will cause issues we dont need. I dont think Harry's really thought this one through.....
                              He's just being nice. No doubt asked about Gazza at the press conference. It's not a serious offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X