Little Tom off to Swansea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post
    He might do well in the premiership, maybe too lightweight for the Championship!
    Totally agree.

Also, play him as a Number 10 / David Silva type role and I reckon he will be quality. We played him too deep where he just got over-ran too often.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
      He might do well in the premiership, maybe too lightweight for the Championship!
      Not for me gator. He'll just get bullied in prem IMO!
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Not for me gator. He'll just get bullied in prem IMO!
        At least we will know the way to play him out of the games against us!

Comment

Not the sort of player Swansea are going to want in their relegation battle!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            At least we will know the way to play him out of the games against us!
            Yeah, just letting him start the game should do it..

Comment

Pish player

Comment

lol Swansea fans, saying our opinion doesnt count cos of our "style" of play. They obviously didnt see out 50 pass compiliation vids from last season!! Side to side, all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  lol Swansea fans, saying our opinion doesnt count cos of our "style" of play. They obviously didnt see out 50 pass compiliation vids from last season!! Side to side, all day long.
                  I agree with them, he will do well there, I started a thread a few weeks ago stating that the way our team is evolving he would fit in better this time around as cover for Fraulin but opinions differed shall we say, lol.
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Glad he isn't back here, good luck to him.

Comment

Totally agree.

Also, play him as a Number 10 / David Silva type role and I reckon he will be quality. We played him too deep where he just got over-ran too often.
                      He likes to play deep, every interview I've seen where he's been asked about what type of player he is, he describes himself as a deep lying playmaker. I'm convinced there is a decent player in there somewhere. I believe he needs to work on the physical side of his game and learn to play more incisive, attacking football, he plays the ball sideways far too much for my liking!

As for all this talk of him not being physical enough for the Championship but he will be fine in the Premiership. Look at your average Premier League team these days, most players are 6 foot plus. Players like Silva & Oscar have succeeded because they have adapted their game to a more physical league, that is what Tom Carroll needs to do too!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 23-08-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Gary Monk in the paper today saying he's got the next Luka Modric in Tom Carroll.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                          Gary Monk in the paper today saying he's got the next Luka Modric in Tom Carroll.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
                          He clearly didn't watch him last season eh!?

Comment

He clearly didn't watch him last season eh!?
                            Was a bit of an odd quote I must admit.

Didn't rate him much personally. Good feet, always wanted & didn't shirk. Really like those qualities in him but as for feeding the strikers or playing decisive balls it was very few & far between.

Comment

I think he will be backup there.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                He likes to play deep, every interview I've seen where he's been asked about what type of player he is, he describes himself as a deep lying playmaker
                                Good God if he sees himself as a deep lying playmaker who only passes backwards the crowd better bring their boots to the liberty as he will be playing so deep he will be passing it around the stands behind the goal with them

He will get found out there as he did at ours but then again we know from our first promo that Swansea fans love watching the ball being passed around the back going no where so they will have a right lob on for him

Comment

Working...
                                X