What will Harry's 1st choice 11 be now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Wasted your time completely when making that lovely graphic the second you didn't put the name Barton on it imo.
    This.

Comment

The graphic took all of 2 mins.

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      This.
      What do you think Harry's midfield would be then?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Whos your captain if you are dropping our new one then stan?
        How about Rio Ferdinand. He was a good enough captain to do the job at the biggest club in the country (not to mention the national team), so he would surely be able to do the job for little old QPR.

He may be a big personality on the pitch, but I defy anyone to pick Barton ahead of Fer or Mutch.

Comment

This.
          Why is everyone talking about Barton like he is ****ing undroppable? He is a decent PL player...absolutely nothing more. Both Fer and Mutch will offer us more in the midfield of the park, and at 24 and 22 respectively can be built around for the next 10 years. It's funny how things change.....the last time we were in the PL everyone was calling for Barton to be dropped; one above average season in the Championship and he's our talisman. I don't understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            The graphic took all of 2 mins.

What do you think Harry's midfield would be then?
            Suspect it will be Barton and Fer in the middle; Mutch in front of them, Stan.

Green
            Caulker Ferdinand Dunne
            Isla Barton Fer Traore
            Mutch
            Remy Austin

Maybe Welbeck next to Remy ????

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
              Why is everyone talking about Barton like he is ****ing undroppable? He is a decent PL player...absolutely nothing more. Both Fer and Mutch will offer us more in the midfield of the park, and at 24 and 22 respectively can be built around for the next 10 years. It's funny how things change.....the last time we were in the PL everyone was calling for Barton to be dropped; one above average season in the Championship and he's our talisman. I don't understand it.
              I posted what I think Harry's team will be, Surrey. He'll play Barton. And so would I. For reasons of character and team spirit as well as his performance on the pitch. I never called for Joey to be dropped last time in the premiership. I booed him at home to Liverpool? Who didn't? And it helped wake him up. I'd stop Joey taking corners, mind.....

Comment

I posted what I think Harry's team will be, Surrey. He'll play Barton. And so would I. For reasons of character and team spirit as well as his performance on the pitch. I never called for Joey to be dropped last time in the premiership. I booed him at home to Liverpool? Who didn't? And it helped wake him up. I'd stop Joey taking corners, mind.....
                We have to be careful with the team spirit, we have to find room for Ned, Barton and Simpson, the mistake we made last time was putting all the new signing straight into the team, make them earn the shirt! Ease them in over the next two months!

HR has spent the last 18 months building the club, that could be ruined in two weeks of blitz spending, slowly, slowly.
                Kept the faith!

Comment

What does Barton offer that Mutch and Fer don't? Both are better passers than Barton, both offer more of a goal threat than Barton, both are physically bigger and more imposing than Barton, Fer in particular is better in the tackle than Barton, and both are younger and more athletic than Barton. Sorry, but I really don't understand the logic of dropping either for Joey.

I'm not sure why you singled out one game in that season...Barton was deservedly booed every week at home then. I'm prepared to give him another chance, my point is though that I don't understand all this "first name on the team sheet" nonsense that some on here proclaim, purely because he was a big fish in a small pond last season.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                    We have to be careful with the team spirit, we have to find room for Ned, Barton and Simpson, the mistake we made last time was putting all the new signing straight into the team, make them earn the shirt! Ease them in over the next two months!

HR has spent the last 18 months building the club, that could be ruined in two weeks of blitz spending, slowly, slowly.
                    Good point. Especially in regard to the Chief who must be getting p issed off. Fortunately for us (not him) I can't see anyone coming in for him in the window. Joey was in deep conversation with Harry in the video form the open day. He looked like Harry's right hand man, which means he's not going to be dropped anytime soon.

Comment

Good point. Especially in regard to the Chief who must be getting p issed off. Fortunately for us (not him) I can't see anyone coming in for him in the window. Joey was in deep conversation with Harry in the video form the open day. He looked like Harry's right hand man, which means he's not going to be dropped anytime soon.
                      And there was me thinking earning a place in the starting XI was based on maintaining performance on the pitch.......

Comment

What does Barton offer that Mutch and Fer don't? Both are better passers than Barton, both offer more of a goal threat than Barton, both are physically bigger and more imposing than Barton, Fer in particular is better in the tackle than Barton, and both are younger and more athletic than Barton. Sorry, but I really don't understand the logic of dropping either for Joey.

I'm not sure why you singled out one game in that season...Barton was deservedly booed every week at home then. I'm prepared to give him another chance, my point is though that I don't understand all this "first name on the team sheet" nonsense that some on here proclaim, purely because he was a big fish in a small pond last season.
                        We disagree, mate. Let's see how things pan out. Californiahoop makes a good point. But it's a fact that Joey was much, much better for us after Liverpool at home than before. I like the fella, I guess. I'd be a Joey fanboy if I weren't the biggest Clint Hill fanboy.....

Comment

The difference between now and the last time we were in the premiership is that Joey has stepped up and become our leader on and off the pitch. Also think he's stepped up performance wise (going on last year in the championship). IMO he more than deserves a chance to prove himself in the prem this time round.... also think Harry's got to play this one just right, we don't want to upset the balance of the team.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

We disagree, mate. Let's see how things pan out. Californiahoop makes a good point. But it's a fact that Joey was much, much better for us after Liverpool at home than before. I like the fella, I guess. I'd be a Joey fanboy if I weren't the biggest Clint Hill fanboy.....
                            That's fair enough. I don't necessarily have anything against Barton, and has been mentioned chucking all the new signings straight away could be a recipe for disaster. The fact is though that we are not Chelsea or Arsenal - we can't afford to leave our best players on the bench. Mutch and Fer (in my opinion) are better all-round midfielders than Barton, and as such should start every game when they are fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              The difference between now and the last time we were in the premiership is that Joey has stepped up and become our leader on and off the pitch. Also think he's stepped up performance wise (going on last year in the championship). IMO he more than deserves a chance to prove himself in the prem this time round.... also think Harry's got to play this one just right, we don't want to upset the balance of the team.
                              Seeing as he was diabolcial in the PL the last time around, his "stepping up" in performance really doesn't say very much. I agree, he deserves another chance in the PL.....as a squad player.

Comment

Seeing as he was diabolcial in the PL the last time around, his "stepping up" in performance really doesn't say very much. I agree, he deserves another chance in the PL.....as a squad player.
                                The way I see it is all the players who are with us now who were with us then all deserve a chance this time round... I'm not saying favour them or give them more chances, if they can't perform then that's that but IMO give them a chance.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X