What will Harry's 1st choice 11 be now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
    Yes, I guess you are right. You would probably not get many crosses from him in that position. So it will probably be Traore in for Austin or any of the 3 CMs in a 352

or instead of Dunne if we play 433/442

But either way the 25 man squad is beginning to look pretty strong, so he will be able to field a host of different strong starting 11´s without necessarily favouring one over the other.
    Now that 4-4-2 playing a diamond midfield looks pukka. It's how Liverpool lined up a fair few games last season.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I really liked the almost 253 team that ended the Hull match, something like this:

And even with that many attack minded players on the field the strange thing is that we still looked quite solid!

(edit: Sorry I know it´s nothing to do with the OP)
      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        The difference between now and the last time we were in the premiership is that Joey has stepped up and become our leader on and off the pitch. Also think he's stepped up performance wise (going on last year in the championship). IMO he more than deserves a chance to prove himself in the prem this time round.... also think Harry's got to play this one just right, we don't want to upset the balance of the team.
        This is a classic example of something people on here often get wrong about Barton. Let's call it the different league fallacy. Joey was acting like our leader in 2011/12, but since we were pretty useless he just looked like a tool. He also didn't look that great as he was being asked to run a struggling PL team, and we couldn't afford to have someone cost as much possession as he does.

Once we dropped down a league, and he could dominate games (as you might expect from a 60k pw player in the championship) and we could win the ball back more easily, people suddenly thought his attitude, leadership etc had improved too. I think this was more down to playing against Leigertwoods rather than Ramseys every week though. People underrated Barton's attitude and ability in 2011/12, overrated it last season, and hopefully won't turn against him if he struggles this year.

I certainly wouldn't drop him for the time being, though I agree with stainrod and surrey that we have three or four better centre mids at the club. We can't have a CM made up of two new signings and one long-term crock, all aged 25 or younger. Barton stays in the team for now. But let's hope he stops taking set pieces and learns to keep the hollywoods under control.

(Don't mean to pick a fight with you Nick, this is something loads of people say and you just happened to articulate it very clearly).

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Now that 4-4-2 playing a diamond midfield looks pukka. It's how Liverpool lined up a fair few games last season.
          I even like the look of this lineup (weakest realistic lineup?) from players left out of that team, and think they could do an ok job against the weaker sides:

Will be very disappointed if we do not survive this season.
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Before Joey came here I wasn't a particular fan. Admittedly my judgement on him was based on pure paper talk.. he always came across as someone who had a pi$$ poor attitude, even fighting amongst his own team mates. Then he came here didn't really make a massive impact, has his famous bust up at City, reports of him saying he's only here for the money and then he goes on loan to France and makes it clear he doesn't want to be a rangers player and is really unwilling to play in the championship. So at this point I really want shot of him and rightly so IMO, along with most!!!!....

BUT with all that said and done he came back to the championship (obviously had no real choice), and put in a decent shift all season. Also played a huge huge part in turning the dressing room around. Created a team spirit that we never had under Hughesless and a team spirit that got us promoted! This is where my new found respect for him comes from. He's the one who was/is getting the lads together, playing jokes on eachother, bonding etc etc. That's my main reason why I wouldn't drop him, I'm almost fearful we loose Barton we loose the team spirit (well part of it). For sure we've got better midfielder's now but IMO let's ease them in, not make massive changes too soon. A bit like what Hughesless done.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Agree with that Nick. You can buy all the talent in the world but character is important. People like Joey and Clint have that in abundance.

Comment

I agree with Kev Mac on Traore being a massive weak link in an otherwise pretty strong lookin side.
                So as no-one has mentioned Faurlin being anywhere near our starting midfield, does anyone think it`s worth trying him at LWB?
                I like Yun but don`t think he`s ready for the Prem and Traore looked like a good signing at the time but just looks out of place and off the pace.
                So Faurlin? Maybe? Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                  I agree with Kev Mac on Traore being a massive weak link in an otherwise pretty strong lookin side.
                  So as no-one has mentioned Faurlin being anywhere near our starting midfield, does anyone think it`s worth trying him at LWB?
                  I like Yun but don`t think he`s ready for the Prem and Traore looked like a good signing at the time but just looks out of place and off the pace.
                  Traore is good enough for the job IMO. Not sure Ale has the pace for LWB, or the crossing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post

Harry clearly backs him this year and thats good enough for me.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

^^Farlin doesn't have the pace to play on the wing. Traore is underrated IMO, would be happy to keep him for years to come - good athletically/technically & still young, with the added experience he should be a lot better than he was last time in the prem.

I'm not sure if playing Vargas, Remy & Austin in the same side will work in the premiership - could get us carved up and bullied.

Also think that if we go with Fer & Mutch in midfield then we need to have either Joey or Ale sitting behind them. Both like to bomb forward and that could leave us exposed, although the 3 CBs might cover them. Personally I'd like to see Faurlin dictating the game from deep, but I agree that Barton's not getting dropped any time soon.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                          Really really really really really really really really really really really really really really like the look of that 1st team Norths!!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Will be really shocked if a goal scorer from one of the most exciting teams in the world cup has come to freezing england to get splinters up his Aristotle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Will be really shocked if a goal scorer from one of the most exciting teams in the world cup has come to freezing england to get splinters up his Aristotle.
                              Imagine him and Hoilett coming on at the 60 minute mark. Tiring defenders and all that, with their pace you wouldn't fancy that.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                                You missed Matt Phillips!

Comment

Working...
                                X