What will Harry's 1st choice 11 be now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    The way I see it is all the players who are with us now who were with us then all deserve a chance this time round... I'm not saying favour them or give them more chances, if they can't perform then that's that but IMO give them a chance.
    In the long term he may not be with us but for now, it's more about building a club ethos! He isn't the best footballer but if you look through good teams of the past, there is always a player not blessed technically,but brings other qualities to the table.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Suspect it will be Barton and Fer in the middle; Mutch in front of them, Stan.

Green
      Caulker Ferdinand Dunne
      Isla Barton Fer Traore
      Mutch
      Remy Austin
      So he's signing Vargas, Chile's World Cup No.10 as a bench-warmer, 77?

And for anyone in doubt, this thread is about who you think Harry's 1st choice 11 will be, not yours.

Comment

Sad to say it but chaz would be dropped out of the three, but im still certain remy will go before sept 1st so it will be a Vargas and austin twosome.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          In the long term he may not be with us but for now, it's more about building a club ethos! He isn't the best footballer but if you look through good teams of the past, there is always a player not blessed technically,but brings other qualities to the table.
          Exactly!!
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            So he's signing Vargas, Chile's World Cup No.10 as a bench-warmer, 77?

And for anyone in doubt, this thread is about who you think Harry's 1st choice 11 will be, not yours.
            Harry's team against Spurs, yes. I'd play the same. Thereafter, who knows? Nice problem to have, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Harry's team against Spurs, yes. I'd play the same. Thereafter, who knows? Nice problem to have, though.
              I agree about the Spurs game. Sorry for not making it clear, I mean beyond that based on signings so far what do people think Harry's 1st choice 11 will be.

I understand it can vary according to opposition, but generally with everyone fit and available.

I know it's hard for subjectivity to cloud matters, but this is the challenge of the thread.

Comment

Anyone remember the team we put out against Swansea when we got walloped 5-0? Would be good to compare that team against what we could potentially put out now.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  Anyone remember the team we put out against Swansea when we got walloped 5-0? Would be good to compare that team against what we could potentially put out now.

-----------------Green---------------- ....................... ----------------Green-------------
                  -------Onuoha----Rio----Caulker------- ...................... Onuoha-----Anton---Hill-----Fabio
                  Isla-------Barton-----Fer--------Traore ...................... --------------Diakite------------
                  --------------- Mutch ---------------- ...................... Mackie---Park-------Taarabt---Hoilett
                  -----------Remy---Austin-------------- ..................... --------------- Cisse -----------------
                  Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 20-08-2014, 10:16 PM.
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                    -----------------Green---------------- .............. ----------------Green-------------
                    -------Onuoha----Rio----Caulker------- ............. Onuoha-----Anton---Hill-----Fabio
                    Isla-------Barton-----Fer--------Traore ............. ---------------Diakite------------
                    --------------- Mutch ---------------- ............ Mackie---Park-------Taarabt---Hoilett
                    -----------Remy---Austin-------------- ........... -------------- Cisse -----------------
                    Thanks Nik. The new team looks a lot stronger.

Comment

The post above sort of indicates that Traore has improved a lot as a player, fitness SEEMS to have improved and besides, he´s now playing in a positon which really suits him. I definetly think he will be picket ahead of Yun in most matches..
                      Last edited by Shania; 20-08-2014, 10:35 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

OMG, just a bit unbalanced.
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Not on Saturday but moving forward think the most likely starting team will be:

Green
                          Caulker-Ferdinand-Onouha
                          Isla-Barton-Fer-Mutch-Traore
                          Vargas
                          Remy

Maybe some home games drop Barton and bring in Austin. That's assuming he has a first team - he might play tinkerman. I hope Faurlin isn't cast into outer-darkness but that's just my personal pref - suspect Harry will see him more as a reserve.

Comment

Thats exactly how i see it as well stains (if remy stays which i highly doubt), so if that happens swap him with our chaz.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                              Seeing as he was diabolcial in the PL the last time around, his "stepping up" in performance really doesn't say very much. I agree, he deserves another chance in the PL.....as a squad player.
                              He wasn't always even THAT great in the Championship. In the play off final think the stats showed he misplaced more passes than he completed and we were completely out-played and over-run in midfield even with 11 men. Kranjkar actually made more impression than Barton that day. All that said I do see 77s point and from everything Harry has said ("future manager" etc) I wd be surprised if Barton were dropped. As we learned under Hughes its not necessarily about fielding your 11 most talented players (because then I agree with you Barton would now struggle badly to get in the team and imho wd also come behind Faurlin) but if you are looking to bed in a lot of new players you need a couple of strong personalities who have been with the club a little while and Barton fits that profile perfectly. He won't want to make Ferdinand capt because he has only been here two minutes. Whether we like it or not Barton is our glue and our continuity from last season. Think he has a big role to play for us this season for his personality as much as anything else which we will need after some inevitably heavy defeats - but he needs to be made aware that he is to be our Gary Waddock, not our Tony Currie, so should cut out the fancy dan stuff to more talented colleagues.

Comment

We'll bring in another keeper, but I'm wondering what the future holds for Henry SWP and Adel. These three are at risk if we sign any more after Vargas.

Comment

Working...
                                X