Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Webb1977 View Post
    To be honest (imo) TF has thrown more
    money that I ever would've. If I had say 100 mil.....would I throw most of it on our club and take a gamble to turn us into a long term force. No way, not with my own family to think of. And he weren't even a hoops fan!!!!

I think we forget how lucky we are sometimes and forget how brave he has been with REAL money.
    Pleased with the business we have done so far, but don't forget that just because Uncle T is the media face, there is a bigger consortium of very very rich men.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them, if they get the new stadium / Stacey Island built they will be printing money

;-}
    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
      This board back their managers. We've done very well this window and a lot of that is down to Harry and his staff. Whatever people think about Harry, he's a football man through and through and knows players.
      Concur....

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
        Pleased with the business we have done so far, but don't forget that just because Uncle T is the media face, there is a bigger consortium of very very rich men.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them, if they get the new stadium / Stacey Island built they will be printing money

;-}
        Indeed. Which begs the question, "what happens to our club if they don't?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          Indeed. Which begs the question, "what
          happens to our club if they don't?"
          Exactly, all we are is the ball in a very rich mens game of roulette .........

Lets hope they have spread the risk about & haven't just lumped it all on red Eh !

BUT as stated earlier, I'm over the moon with the football side of the decisions made this time around.
          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?

Comment

;-}
            No one is asking for pity.

If they invest great fortunes of their, or others, money and it pays off; they deserve to make profit.

I doubt anyone financially involved in QPR has made a penny thus far.

Only players make money out of clubs our size. Fans and owners spend it on them, to lesser and greater degrees respectively.

Comment

Fair play to TF. He learned and imposed his will re the way we were going to operate in the market.
              But we are still stuck with a couple: SWP springs to mind. How his contract was negotiated beggars belief - the warning signs were there from the off. Fortunately that is the exactly the kind of scenario that will not be repeated.

Comment

id actually force willis to become match day mascot to earn his ''unearned' salary!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                  No one is asking for pity.

If they invest great fortunes of their, or others, money and it pays off; they deserve to make profit.

I doubt anyone financially involved in QPR has made a penny thus far.

Only players make money out of clubs our size. Fans and owners spend it on them, to lesser and greater degrees respectively.
                  I agree completely, if their plan comes off they deserve every single penny they make.

As for pity, I was replying to Webb1977 who appears to believe TF is only here because he wants to get interviewed on Talksport every now & again. They / he have always had a master plan & at the moment all is on course, heres hoping they pull it off.

On a side issue, I wonder how Boris quitting affects the wider picture ?
                  Last edited by NW_Hoopz; 20-08-2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I agree completely, if their plan comes off they deserve every single penny they make.

As for pity, I was replying to Buffalo (?) who appears to believe TF is only here because he wants to get interviewed on Talksport every now & again. They / he have always had a master plan & at the moment all is on course, heres hoping they pull it off.

On a side issue, I wonder how Boris quitting affects the wider picture ?
                    I think you must have me confused with someone else. Nowhere have I said anything to even remotely suggest that and it couldn't be further from what I do believe. Jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      I think you must have me confused with someone else. Nowhere have I said anything to
                      even remotely suggest that and it couldn't be further from what I do believe. Jeez!
                      Happy to be corrected Mr Buff , it was Webb1977 ...............

I whole heartily apologise for any hurt & upset I have caused you, in my defence I was just too lazy to go back a page to get the correct person.

;-}

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                        This board back their managers. We've done very well this window and a lot of that is down to Harry and his staff. Whatever people think about Harry, he's a football man through and through and knows players.
                        Spot on mate

Comment

Happy to be corrected Mr Buff , it was Webb1977 ...............

I whole heartily apologise for any hurt & upset I have caused you, in my defence I was just too lazy to go back a page to get the correct person.

;-}
                          No problem. Easily done (if you're lazy).

Comment

With Vargas likely to be announced tomorrow, it's been a superb bit of shopping by the Harry and the board. Let's hope the coaches can make a good team out of this bunch of talented players.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                            X