Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    What position did she play?
    The free role - a true number 10 - license to roam wherever she damn-well liked...

Comment

Originally posted by QPRNY View Post
      I also think he'd be a good squad player for us, especially if we can get him cheap.
      Out of interest, what price would be your (realistic) idea of "cheap"?

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Am assuming because he is desperate to leave a war zone we are getting him for peanuts (i mean, he should almost be paying us to get him out of there).
      Kiev isn't a war zone - it's a perfectly peaceful place, where life is going on, as normal. The 'unrest' is over 400 miles away in Eastern Ukraine, around the Donetsk area. Having to stay with Dynamo Kiev wouldn't be the end of the world for Niko. He's training normally now & has already played 2 games for the club's U21's, just to get some sharpness. He'll be ready for the first team pretty soon. Dynamo are in the UEFA Cup, so if he stays, he gets to play European football. It's not all bad.

Comment

Fer
        Mutch
        Barton
        Faurlin
        Henry
        Niko

I'd take that thank you very much!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          I see people on here talking about Niko like he was absolute and total rubbish for us last season. Couldnt be further from the truth imo. Yeah I accept he didnt live up to his billing as a world class player but a bad player? I dont think so. Would be a useful squad player imo.
          This, all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker View Post
            Out of interest, what price would be your (realistic) idea of "cheap"?

Kiev isn't a war zone - it's a perfectly peaceful place, where life is going on, as normal. The 'unrest' is over 400 miles away in Eastern Ukraine, around the Donetsk area. Having to stay with Dynamo Kiev wouldn't be the end of the world for Niko. He's training normally now & has already played 2 games for the club's U21's, just to get some sharpness. He'll be ready for the first team pretty soon. Dynamo are in the UEFA Cup, so if he stays, he gets to play European football. It's not all bad.
            But away games cant be too pretty? I'm sorry but you are playing football in a country embroiled in a virtual civil war. I cant imagine him exactly thinking "hey ho, this is exactly like the kings rd..."

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              But away games cant be too pretty? I'm sorry but you are playing football in a country embroiled in a virtual civil war. I cant imagine him exactly thinking "hey ho, this is exactly like the kings rd..."
              Oh, without doubt, I'm sure he'd rather be in London. I was just saying that, if he doesn't get a move, it's not the end of the world. The Ukrainian League (albeit a smaller one, with several teams having to play their home games in Kiev and/or other cities) is already 4 games old. Dynamo have won 3 & drawn one. He'd play less games per season, with the added bonus of a month long winter break in December/January.

Comment

Re price - bag of chips basically. He wd come here to warm the bench. I say this not tb cruel as really liked him but he is clearly way past his best. Fans are right - he was far from terrible for us and wd be a handy squad player but he is not the player who danced thru defences five years ago and since he was here on loan, with mutch, hopefully fer, isla out wide, the chilean who can play in the hole, and the return from injury of alejandro faurlin we are - hopefully - much better placed in midfield than we were with our v workmanlike championship squad.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  in the hole......

as for Niko, nice player but legs on way out sadly.

Comment

Nice to see you still lurking.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

if nico can lose some pudding he'll do ok , great player on his day

Comment

Legs have gone and couldnt get fit all last season. Didnt stand out in the Championship at all let alone the Prem. Cheap option.

Comment

Good squad player Niko, and clearly wants to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            Good squad player Niko, and clearly wants to be here.
                            Wants to be anywhere apart from where he is just ffs dont give him the number 10 shirt.

Comment

I think with the squad we have now we are too good for this age niko. Far too good. Cant see what he will bring to the team, or even the bench. Strangest decision so far by harry for me.
                              Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 19-08-2014, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                I think withdrawal the squad we have now we are too good for this age niko. Far too good. Cant see what he will bring to the team, or even the bench. Strangest decision so far by harry for me.
                                We have no playmaker in the squad.... Other than he who cant be named of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X