Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palace fans@The Emirates. Benchmark for every team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
    Palace the benchmark !

I have heard it all now
    It's the relentless positivity that has impressed a lot of fans around the world I feel. Don't forget they were nailed for relegation and their fans's positivity (as well as Pulis' defensive nous of course) made them reach the unexpected which all came to a crest during that immense come back at Title challenging Liverpool who had Suarez and Gerrard at that time.

I understand football is tribal, and there are neanderthals who don't like to say anything good about any other team,as it seems cooler to always be negative about other teams, but as a football fan first and foremost, credit where credit is due. Would love to see us have this WeRTogether concept take us through the inevitabley hard times as a newly promoted team to achieve stability.

I truly believe like in this video, the more positive we are to the players with positive, self deprecating, witty chants it will rub off onto the players. An sure this has been covered before, but we really can do it. #UsRRRRRRs! #WeRTogether

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
      Anything sounds noisey with a camphone and being in the middle of it....looks like about 100 "Ultras"...pathetic gimps
      Lol, true. It's more the positivity that I was trying to highlight though.

Comment

Originally posted by hipsterhoop View Post
        I understand football is tribal, and there are neanderthals who don't like to say anything good about any other team
        You sound like one of them "new" football fans i see down the rangers lately. Football is tribal, football is working class and Palace fans are a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopsmad View Post
          You sound like one of them "new" football fans i see down the rangers lately. Football is tribal, football is working class and Palace fans are a joke.
          Lol,na just love the game. From World Football to local Non League. I don't get caught up in all that tribal rubbish. There's a few Boxing Clubs around London if so inclined. It ain't working class. It's one if the most inclusive games and I love it for it for that. Have played many a game at Paddington Rec with Polish, Jamaican, Romanian, Indian, Sri Lankan, Tamil, Chinese, Korean, Portugese and Irish around the area. I understand why it's call the Beautiful Game. It breaks all barriers of background regardless of class or creed. Truly is a Beautiful Game.
          Last edited by hipsterhoop; 18-08-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

^^^^
            What he said
            From the Hills of Kerry
            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Palace fans will never be any sort of benchmark for me........muggy pr*cks the lot of them!
              Is the correct answer.

And that's the way we like it, like it, like it......ad nauseum....pathetic wannabes.

If they want to be Italian that much, put them in the middle of the Roma Ultra's. I'd pay to see that....
              Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

It's the relentless positivity that has impressed a lot of fans around the world I feel. Don't forget they were nailed for relegation and their fans's positivity (as well as Pulis' defensive nous of course) made them reach the unexpected which all came to a crest during that immense come back at Title challenging Liverpool who had Suarez and Gerrard at that time.

I understand football is tribal, and there are neanderthals who don't like to say anything good about any other team,as it seems cooler to always be negative about other teams, but as a football fan first and foremost, credit where credit is due. Would love to see us have this WeRTogether concept take us through the inevitabley hard times as a newly promoted team to achieve stability.

I truly believe like in this video, the more positive we are to the players with positive, self deprecating, witty chants it will rub off onto the players. An sure this has been covered before, but we really can do it. #UsRRRRRRs! #WeRTogether
                "Impressed fans around the world"? no mate!

Comment

Lol,na just love the game. From World Football to local Non League. I don't get caught up in all that tribal rubbish. There's a few Boxing Clubs around London if so inclined. It ain't working class. It's one if the most inclusive games and I love it for it for that. Have played many a game at Paddington Rec with Polish, Jamaican, Romanian, Indian, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Korean, Portugese around the area. I understand why it's call the Beautiful Game. It breaks all barriers of background regardless of class or creed. Truly is a Beautiful Game.
                  So you feel nothing tribal about football yourself? You dont mind Chelsea/Fulham etc as long as the football is good? One of the best parts about football to me is the belonging to a select group, a tribe i suppose. The way you feel about football is the way i feel about the NFL or Rugby or Cricket i suppose. As in i dont give a toss but if i have to watch it lets hope its entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                    "Impressed fans around the world"? no mate!
                    I dunno, maybe the spotlight may have been enhanced after that title busting game against Liverpool after being 3-0 down, but I do remember it getting big kudos, mainly due to the magnitude of the game in terms of the title run in and the unlikely comeback against a team that had Suarez on form.

Comment

Hipster, just stop
                      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopsmad View Post
                        So you feel nothing tribal about football yourself? You dont mind Chelsea/Fulham etc as long as the football is good? One of the best parts about football to me is the belonging to a select group, a tribe i suppose. The way you feel about football is the way i feel about the NFL or Rugby or Cricket i suppose. As in i dont give a toss but if i have to watch it lets hope its entertaining.
                        True, I see what you're saying. I think the right sort of rivalry is good. Back in the day Liverpool and Everton fans had rivalry but could sit together and still enjoy the rivalry. I think you may be talking about the sensationalism by the media of toxic rivalry like Green Street Movie adaptations which tried to show this etc. That's what killed our footy in the mid 80s and had us banned from Europe. I reckon those who crave that go to fight for the Army in Afghanistan to see how "hard" they really are. But, yeh, friendly rivalry ain't a bad thing at all Squire. Totally see where you're coming from though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                          Hipster, just stop
                          Stop what? Discussing? Are you uncomfortable discussing?

Comment

Just way too hipster for me i'll stick to good old fashioned football where you hate your rivals and face paint is a big no-no

Comment

Stop trying to start a palace love fest.
                              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Lol,na just love the game. From World Football to local Non League. I don't get caught up in all that tribal rubbish. There's a few Boxing Clubs around London if so inclined. It ain't working class. It's one if the most inclusive games and I love it for it for that. Have played many a game at Paddington Rec with Polish, Jamaican, Romanian, Indian, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Korean, Portugese around the area. I understand why it's call the Beautiful Game. It breaks all barriers of background regardless of class or creed. Truly is a Beautiful Game.
                                First of all what has boxing clubs got to do with tribal football?. Second of all what has the differnt nationalities got to do with it? Third how long have you been supporting the mighty blue and white hoops?

Comment

Working...
                                X