This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Indeed. Personally I think the whole thing is symptomatic of hysteria. It was a different culture back then. Go further back and you'll find all sorts going on.... I was at a boarding school as a kid and all sorts went on which included members of staff. But you have to grow up and move on. We all know this kind of stuff went down (no pun intended!) back in the day, I just think spending taxpayers money investigating / banging up old men is questionable.
    Unbelievable

Comment

Hang on a bit, more and more evidence of child and sexual abuse is coming to light, and an apparent deeper story of it being organised and covered up at the highest levels.

But it's all just getting a bit boring now, **** happens, let's move on? Kids have always got b*****ed at boarding school, it's just part of growing up, man up a bit?

This is a huge deal, and people need to be held to account, even if it is decades later. The more that comes out, the more widespread and deeper it goes, should mean we insist that we know the full extent, not give up and forget it, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
        great post.....in hindsight I reckon there was a bit going on at my boarding schools too which would certainly frowned upon today. People were a lot more touchy feely in those days and no one blinked an eye. what was deemed acceptable then would not be now. You cannot backdate todays culture and impose it on the past and all this current stuff is just madness in my opinion.
        These touchy-feely, child-abusers eh? They can get a bit handsy can't they, the little tinkers....

Comment

Spot on deeps.

Comment

Deeps is spot on. These are serious offences that need looking into. Cliff Richards is an oddball and he hung about with all the pervs in walton hop so I am happy for investigations to take place
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

not just boarding schools, our Headmaster in primary school got done, thank the Lord I was an ugly kid
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

He's got lovely soft hands

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                  Hang on a bit, more and more evidence of child and sexual abuse is coming to light, and an apparent deeper story of it being organised and covered up at the highest levels.

But it's all just getting a bit boring now, **** happens, let's move on? Kids have always got b*****ed at boarding school, it's just part of growing up, man up a bit?

This is a huge deal, and people need to be held to account, even if it is decades later. The more that comes out, the more widespread and deeper it goes, should mean we insist that we know the full extent, not give up and forget it, surely?
                  know you were being sarky with that bit, but that's how I see it. Too many people looking to jump on the retrospective compo bandwagon. The Saville thing has set a precedent for all and sundry to be investigated and people looking to make a quick buck. All in the past. Leave well alone imo.

Comment

if he is found to be a wrongun he needs shooting!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                      know you were being sarky with that bit, but that's how I see it. Too many people looking to jump on the retrospective compo bandwagon. The Saville thing has set a precedent for all and sundry to be investigated and people looking to make a quick buck. All in the past. Leave well alone imo.
                      That's a horrific attitude IMO. Some unscrupulous people might be looking to cash in, so lets ignore the whole thing?

Thankfully it seems that the Yewtree investigators don't have the same attitude, although the apparent depth of the cover-ups involved suggest that maybe the whole truth may not be dealt with.

The cover-up of child abuse is downright f***ing evil frankly, possibly even as bad as the abusers themselves, and the Catholic Church has proven that a lot can be hidden when the victims are afraid or unable to tell anyone or be taken seriously, because it's all too unlikely.
                      Last edited by DeepcutHoop; 14-08-2014, 05:40 PM.

Comment

top post there deeps!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                          if he is found to be a wrongun he needs shooting!
                          shoot him for Mistletoe and Wine
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

it will be saviors day if he is!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                              it will be saviors day if he is!
                              Oh dear...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                                That's a horrific attitude IMO. Some unscrupulous people might be looking to cash in, so lets ignore the whole thing?

Thankfully it seems that the Yewtree investigators don't have the same attitude, although the apparent depth of the cover-ups involved suggest that maybe the whole truth may not be dealt with.

The cover-up of child abuse is downright f***ing evil frankly, possibly even as bad as the abusers themselves, and the Catholic Church has proven that a lot can be hidden when the victims are afraid or unable to tell anyone or be taken seriously, because it's all too unlikely.
                                ...good job we both use the caveat of IMO.....that's what it is all about eh, opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X