Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
    Oh this is too easy...

Let's take HBA's past two seasons, as it adds up to about the same amount of game time as Adel's last season in the PL.

Ben Arfa:

29 appearances (17 sub)
    7 goals
    2 assists
    55 chances created
    144 successful dribbles
    90 shots

dispossessed: 102
    turnovers: 69 (gave ball away)

Adel:

25(6)
    5 goals
    4 assists
    77 chances created
    83 successful dribbles
    98 shots

dispossessed: 52
    turnovers: 69

So not a great deal between them. HBA had a lot more successful dribbles but then he also lost the ball a lot more than Adel (disproportionately more). HBA scored a couple more but Adel was more creative.

Maybe HBA is a better player than Adel - I think they're pretty similar myself - but to say Ben Arfa "regularly delivered" whereas Adel was carried by his team is just flat out wrong.
    Whilst you are at it why dont you put in the number of crosses - HBA 94 v AT 53. Creative players putting balls into the box for strikers....surely can't miss that one out?

Pointless argument in my opinion.

Comment

Oh this is too easy...

Let's take HBA's past two seasons, as it adds up to about the same amount of game time as Adel's last season in the PL.

Ben Arfa:

29 appearances (17 sub)
      7 goals
      2 assists
      55 chances created
      144 successful dribbles
      90 shots

Adel:

25(6)
      5 goals
      4 assists
      77 chances created
      83 successful dribbles
      98 shots

So not a great deal between them. HBA had a lot more successful dribbles but then he also lost the ball a lot more than Adel (disproportionately more). HBA scored a couple more but Adel was more creative.

Maybe HBA is a better player than Adel - I think they're pretty similar myself - but to say Ben Arfa "regularly delivered" whereas Adel was carried by his team is just flat out wrong.
      Firslty i didnt say Adel needs carrying anymore that HBA, i said they were both maverick types who to a degree need carrying.

Also, the assists "stat" doesnt always tell the whole story. HBA made more things happen and made Newcastle tick. I expect many more of his dribbles led to quick productive breaks and goals, regardless whether he made the final pass to get the "assist" or not. When he was hot he was far more effective for Newcastle than Adel was for us.

Comment

• Does anyone else think Leroy Fer is a bad deal and a total waste of money when we have already got a player who is fifty times better than him in Adel. who would and should be playing if it wasnt for sheer bad management from an Alzheimer suffering jowl faced old fool?

Comment

• For me HBA and AT are identical. Both should be doing a lot better than Newcastle and QPR with their talent. Both of them need to sort their issues out or you can add them to the likes of Quaresma & Denilson (the original one) of players who should of been top top European players, but ended up doing nothing. Shame.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Oh this is too easy...

Ben Arfa:

29 appearances (17 sub)
            7 goals
            2 assists
            55 chances created
            144 successful dribbles
            90 shots

Adel:

25(6)
            5 goals
            4 assists
            77 chances created
            83 successful dribbles
            98 shots

What are the facts and figures for Adel's bad attitude and not actually wanting to play for us??
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• firstly, why is everyone talking about afar? we are not even linked with him.

secondly, have been very impressed with harry's signings sofar and with fer and vargas coming i hold my hands up and say how wrong i was about harry. i now take back all the stick i have been giving him.

and lastly, i just love the title of this thread.

we have now got a fantastic team, just need to hang onto remy and im sure we could finish mid table.
              anything from 16th upwards and i will be happy.

come on you r'ssssssssssssssss
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                What are the facts and figures for Adel's bad attitude and not actually wanting to play for us??
                Over the years we've had more than one with an ambivalent attitude to things. Stan was never the world's greatest trainer, to the extent that he had issues with other managers - but he had the sweetest left peg and entertained massively. We just let him go his own way, a bit like Colin did with Adel. The difference these days is agents.

As for AT's relationship with Harry and the club and not wanting to play for us, the fact is we simply do not have the information, we are not privy to any discussions which have been taking place. Thankfully I suspect there are more open minds at LR than on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Does anyone else think Leroy Fer is a bad deal and a total waste of money when we have already got a player who is fifty times better than him in Adel. who would and should be playing if it wasnt for sheer bad management from an Alzheimer suffering jowl faced old fool?

Only need two keepers in the squad because Adel can easily play rush goalie.....

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Over the years we've had more than one with an ambivalent attitude to things. Stan was never the world's greatest trainer, to the extent that he had issues with other managers - but he had the sweetest left peg and entertained massively. We just let him go his own way, a bit like Colin did with Adel. The difference these days is agents.

As for AT's relationship with Harry and the club and not wanting to play for us, the fact is we simply do not have the information, we are not privy to any discussions which have been taking place. Thankfully I suspect there are more open minds at LR than on this board.
                    I've never quite got my head around when people bring up past players names in this type of debate.. that's what they are 'past players', different circumstances, different people, different player's around them. It's all about now, not then!!... And as for agents, Adel's a fully grown man, he's a 'professional' footballer, he knows what he's doing, he's the one who has continuously played up over the years.

The state of him when he returned to pre season tells me alone that he's not fussed and doesn't want to be here.....

'more open minds at LR than on this board' I would say yes.. so open its outside...the fact that he's still here and not been sold a long time ago... on that note why hasn't any big club/any club come in for him??
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      I think it's the mindless and incomprehensible Adel camp followers- who are neither factual or reasonable (like that cafe fella and rock and roll(?), not sensible posters who follow QPR not Adel like Stainrod) who attract some ire from many on here. Same with the Park fan club of yesteryear. I have been very critical of Adel, but if he did the business I'd cheer him to the ruddy rooftops (well, to the echo of the Ellerslie roof...).
                      LOL, the irony. I've only ever argued for Taarabt's inclusion based on footballing ability and our need for someone who can create chances.

I think you'll find that it is the camp who take Arry's word as gospel and want to treat Taarabt as some kind of pantomime villain who are being irrational and mindless.
                      Using the same bad attitude/unfit arguments despite being on the outside looking in and having no real insight, ignoring Joey's past disrespect etc. - it's all very hypocritical. I guess some people just want someone to rally against…

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Whilst you are at it why dont you put in the number of crosses - HBA 94 v AT 53. Creative players putting balls into the box for strikers....surely can't miss that one out?
                      Pointless argument in my opinion.
                      It is kind of a pointless argument but please don't think more crosses = creativity. In fact, I'd say hoofing a cross and hoping for the best is often the easiest option, rather than actually making something happen...

Firstly, it all depends on the manager's system and the player's role. Taarabt usually played in the middle or drifted inside for us, whereas Ben Arfa has been used as a winger in a 442 at Newcastle - he will always have more crosses, as that is his role in the team.

Aside from that I think it is a fair argument - Adel & Ben Arfa are both luxury players who produced moments of brilliance but aren't defensive grafters. But if you thought Adel was a liability then you'll be appalled by Ben Arfa!

Comment

• Only 13% of fans want him in the 25? More votes please!
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• 'Don't think more crosses = creativity'

Probably the dumbest thing I've heard on here!.... was you serious when you wrote that stationcafe??

Crossing is a huge part of the game and probably creates most chances. Also the way you worded your argument 'hoofing a cross and hoping for the best'.... why has it got to be 'hoofed' in the 1st place and not perfectly crossed?? And why hope for the best and not pick out a player and find him??

It's all very well running at defenders and taking them on but what happens when you get dispossessed?, a very high chance of a counter attack. Unless the player (Adel) is willing to chase down the ball, something that he's not exactly renowned for doing.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            A wonderfully gifted player who we should be looking after. We all saw how he responded when he was made our captain and in my view should be captain again. That boy bleeds blue and white. It is shameful how he has been treated.
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              A wonderfully gifted player who we should be looking after. We all saw how he responded when he was made our captain and in my view should be captain again. That boy bleeds blue and white. It is shameful how he has been treated.
                              Oh boy. FoolishF ux more like. Hope that won't get me a ban......

Comment

• Let him rot if AC don't pay up. If he really wants to play for us again, because he "bleeds blue and white" then he can play for us at every home game this year wearing Sparks outfit and cheering on all the players who want to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X