Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
    Particularly when the side who gets told to shut up is the one with facts and reasoned opinions.

The hate he gets here is ridiculous - as is the vitriol aimed towards whoever dares point out he actually played pretty well in the PL. Whoever called it "embarrassing" is correct.

Still unsure what he did over the past twelve months to make him so much more hated now than he was the moment we got relegated. He left. So what? Jordon Mutch and Steven Caulker were also among the better players on a relegated team, they left too. His manager didn't like him, and he had the opportunity to play in the PL + Serie A.

Of course coming back from summer unfit and overweight (if that actually is the case, I obviously don't take Harry's word for it) is really unprofessional, but the Adel hate predates this.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please END all Adel threads

Comment

Dread to think what your average Adel hater would make of Ben Arfa!
      Has performed much better then Adel in the Premier League and everyone raved about him before the fall out at Newcastle.

Thay are both Maverick type players who need to be carried by the team to a degree who then repay with a bit of magic to justify their inclusion. The main difference is Adel very rarley performed in the prem for either us or Fulham when on loan and Ben Arfa was regularly the star man and unplayable.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please END all Adel threads
        Agree!!....

maybe start ONE Adel thread, so when a conversation turns to the tubby one on a thread that has nothing whatsoever to do with him people can move to the 'Adel thread' and carry on debating their??
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Ok Geng, how do you explain his poor showing at Fulham in the prem, after it didn't work out with us there? That's just a question. No hatred or vitriol from me.

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Agree!!.... maybe start ONE Adel thread, so when a conversation turns to the tubby one on a thread that has nothing whatsoever to do with him people can move to the 'Adel thread' and carry on debating their??
          May as well use this one. I've retitled the thread and all AT talk can be kept here.

Comment

Particularly when the side who gets told to shut up is the one with facts and reasoned opinions.

The hate he gets here is ridiculous - as is the vitriol aimed towards whoever dares point out he actually played pretty well in the PL. Whoever called it "embarrassing" is correct.

Still unsure what he did over the past twelve months to make him so much more hated now than he was the moment we got relegated. He left. So what? Jordon Mutch and Steven Caulker were also among the better players on a relegated team, they left too. His manager didn't like him, and he had the opportunity to play in the PL + Serie A.

Of course coming back from summer unfit and overweight (if that actually is the case, I obviously don't take Harry's word for it) is really unprofessional, but the Adel hate predates this.
            What's with this Adel hate nonsense? Fella is, as you say, really unprofessional (and consistently so) and has let our club down time and time again. Everyone on here would be estactic if he came good, wanted to play for the team and delivered the goods. Many of us, from experience, think this is very unlikely. I think it's the mindless and incomprehensible Adel camp followers- who are neither factual or reasonable (like that cafe fella and rock and roll(?), not sensible posters who follow QPR not Adel like Stainrod) who attract some ire from many on here. Same with the Park fan club of yesteryear. I have been very critical of Adel, but if he did the business I'd cheer him to the ruddy rooftops (well, to the echo of the Ellerslie roof...).
            Last edited by Rangers77; 19-08-2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Ben Arfa is a top class player who has played well in the PL over a decent period of time.

Adel had about 5 decent games in 2 seasons in the PL

NO COMPARISON

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                Has performed much better then Adel in the Premier League and everyone raved about him before the fall out at Newcastle.

Thay are both Maverick type players who need to be carried by the team to a degree who then repay with a bit of magic to justify their inclusion. The main difference is Adel very rarley performed in the prem for either us or Fulham when on loan and Ben Arfa was regularly the star man and unplayable.
                Oh this is too easy...

Let's take HBA's past two seasons, as it adds up to about the same amount of game time as Adel's last season in the PL.

Ben Arfa:

29 appearances (17 sub)
                7 goals
                2 assists
                55 chances created
                144 successful dribbles
                90 shots

dispossessed: 102
                turnovers: 69 (gave ball away)

Adel:

25(6)
                5 goals
                4 assists
                77 chances created
                83 successful dribbles
                98 shots

dispossessed: 52
                turnovers: 69

So not a great deal between them. HBA had a lot more successful dribbles but then he also lost the ball a lot more than Adel (disproportionately more). HBA scored a couple more but Adel was more creative.

Maybe HBA is a better player than Adel - I think they're pretty similar myself - but to say Ben Arfa "regularly delivered" whereas Adel was carried by his team is just flat out wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                  HBA - Top class player who has played well in the PL over a decent period of time.

Adel had about 5 decent games in 2 seasons in the PL

NO COMPARISON
                  Please defend this post with reference to the stats I just quoted

Comment

• Anyone who'd swap Ben Arfa for Taraabt clearly hasn't seen much of them play. Yes, he's scored a few bangers for MOTD but he's very inconsistent, doesn't have the natural ability of Taarabt, actually works a lot less for the team and will be on comparable wages.

He's a good player but it's like swapping a BMW with a minor problem for a Peugeot with a minor problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Which says a lot more about you than him. He's a 25 year old who clearly has problems, otherwise he would be world class - remember Harry said that this was the most naturally gifted player he had ever seen. If - and it is a massive if - he returned to the form he was showing just a few months ago in Serie A and doing it in our shirt, I suspect you'd hate a little bit less. No one here really knows the cause of the rift (although I suspect a certain agent may have done some damage both here and in Italy). Adel can perform at the highest level, equally he is very high maintenance. That is not an easy scenario to manage. I understand everyones frustration, but right now he is still one of ours, and in theory could still pull on a shirt. The hatred on what is supposed to be an Rs forum is embarrassing.
                      This is a great post.

Why did Adel fail at Fulham? I didn't follow them closely enough last year to really know but I suspect it's down to a bunch of factors: manager issues, crap team, too many lazy mavericks in the same side (Berbatov, Ruiz, Adel), out of shape, didn't concentrate on his tactics homework, who knows. I don't think his Fulham stint somehow proves he's not cut out for the PL though - he was perfectly good enough before for us and after for AC Milan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        What's with this Adel hate nonsense? Fella is, as you say, really unprofessional (and consistently so) and has let our club down time and time again. Everyone on here would be estactic if he came good, wanted to play for the team and delivered the goods. Many of us, from experience, think this is very unlikely. I think it's the mindless and incomprehensible Adel camp followers- who are neither factual or reasonable (like that cafe fella and rock and roll(?), not sensible posters who follow QPR not Adel like Stainrod) who attract some ire from many on here. Same with the Park fan club of yesteryear. I have been very critical of Adel, but if he did the business I'd cheer him to the ruddy rooftops (well, to the echo of the Ellerslie roof...).
                        He did do the business last time we were in teh PL. 90% of my Adel posts are simply about countering the revisionism about his time in the PL rather than saying he's about to step off the bench and win the league for us right now.

And the comparison with the Park fanboys is a bit ridiculous. Go through my Adel posts - it's all reasoned arguments backed up with evidence. I don't even talk about his best feature - how fun he was to watch, how he took the **** out of opponents - as I assume most of the haters have long since lost a sense of magic in football. So I just stick to the facts. And I don't think anyone has ever actually engaged with any of these posts (there's one in the Hatem Ben Arfa thread that no one will engage with).

Comment

• After listening to Arry I want him to stay
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                            Anyone who'd swap Ben Arfa for Taraabt clearly hasn't seen much of them play. Yes, he's scored a few bangers for MOTD but he's very inconsistent, doesn't have the natural ability of Taarabt, actually works a lot less for the team and will be on comparable wages.

He's a good player but it's like swapping a BMW with a minor problem for a Peugeot with a minor problem.

Exactly, HBA is a very good highlights player. Which I guess is why Del and others rate him very highly but think Adel doesn't do much. MOTD doesn't show all the times Ben Arfa loses the ball, or the times he simply drifts out of the game for half an hour in a row (something surely even the biggest haters can't criticise Adel for doing, the guy always shows for the ball).

You could of course say something similar about Adel, and perhaps fans of other clubs do. They certainly seem to rate Adel higher than your average WATRBs poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                              Anyone who'd swap Ben Arfa for Taraabt clearly hasn't seen much of them play. Yes, he's scored a few bangers for MOTD but he's very inconsistent, doesn't have the natural ability of Taarabt, actually works a lot less for the team and will be on comparable wages.

Utter nonsense in my opinion!

How anyone could suggest that Adel Taarabt is proven to be a better Premiership player than Hatem Ben Arfa is totally beyond me. Adel's decent Premiership perforamnces can be counted on 1 hand whereas Ben Arfa has been playing week in, week out for 4 seasons!

Comment

He did do the business last time we were in teh PL. 90% of my Adel posts are simply about countering the revisionism about his time in the PL rather than saying he's about to step off the bench and win the league for us right now.

And the comparison with the Park fanboys is a bit ridiculous. Go through my Adel posts - it's all reasoned arguments backed up with evidence. I don't even talk about his best feature - how fun he was to watch, how he took the **** out of opponents - as I assume most of the haters have long since lost a sense of magic in football. So I just stick to the facts. And I don't think anyone has ever actually engaged with any of these posts (there's one in the Hatem Ben Arfa thread that no one will engage with).
                                I don't count you alongside the two silly posters I mentioned. But, as I posted, you're completely wrong to label every critic of Adel a hater of Adel.... Temperament is everything in the modern game. And character. On those two counts he's very sorely lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X