No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adel Taarabt is nothing more than irrelevance to me now.

What's more interesting to me is how he's so marmite; bringing out such polarised opinions here (hence this epic thread). But is there anyone else who just feels completely indifferent about him?

Comment

• What a waste of a talent....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Adel Taarabt is nothing more than irrelevance to me now.

What's more interesting to me is how he's so marmite; bringing out such polarised opinions here (hence this epic thread). But is there anyone else who just feels completely indifferent about him?
        I do feel indifferent to him Stan, it just amazes me that people actually want the guy back. Sure, not a problem at all with reminiscing about how good he was for that one season, but wanting him back after he's done literally nothing but go backwards since? It's just doesn't make sense to me.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Far too late now to even consider having him back and it's entirely his own fault that his career has petered out.

But I have to agree with WeAre in terms of his talent and ability to perform being in a different class to virtually any other player we have had in many years. It's a phrase often trotted out, but he was worth the admission fee alone. Not something I can recall since the days of Stainrod. Just a superbly entertaining player, who regularly did things most players could only dream of. Such a shame that amount of talent was wasted. I suspect one day he'll come to realise that and very much regret what could have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Far too late now to even consider having him back and it's entirely his own fault that his career has petered out.

But I have to agree with WeAre in terms of his talent and ability to perform being in a different class to virtually any other player we have had in many years. It's a phrase often trotted out, but he was worth the admission fee alone. Not something I can recall since the days of Stainrod. Just a superbly entertaining player, who regularly did things most players could only dream of. Such a shame that amount of talent was wasted. I suspect one day he'll come to realise that and very much regret what could have been.
            Don't think he will regret anything mate he doesn't seem the type. He's got his money and he's got what appears to be zero motivation to play football. He's 27 so he's not a kid, if he was going to realise what a complete ##### he's been it would have happened by now. I think he will just continue to let down any poor sod who attempts to save his career. It's a massive waste and there's only one person to blame

Comment

• If a positive life is making a contribution to existence, then Adel Taarabt is a smear on the underpants of the human race. A complete c0ck.

It somehow makes our promotion that year a false victory because of the tw@t he always was. What possessd him?

If anyone deserves to be spat upon, its that cÙnt.

77 fÙcking pages ........more pages than Rodney Marsh and Stan Bowles combined. WTF???? Wipe him from our history. He is a pariah.
              Last edited by acricketer; 10-09-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                It somehow makes our promotion that year a false victory because of the tw@t he always was etc etc.
                Which says more about you than him. That season was the last time we actually played football going forward and it was beautiful to watch. So it all fvcked up, that's life, but for a while something truly special was on offer. I can think of plenty of other who have pulled on the hooped shirt and given less, and most of those have been in recent times. He was just a messed up young man and imo Harry's arrival did nothing to help.
                Last edited by hal9thou; 10-09-2016, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Far too late now to even consider having him back and it's entirely his own fault that his career has petered out.

Exactly my thoughts too

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Which says more about you than him. That season was the last time we actually played football going forward and it was beautiful to watch. So it all fvcked up, that's life, but for a while something truly special was on offer. I can think of plenty of other who have pulled on the hooped shirt and given less, and most of those have been in recent times. He was just a messed up young man and imo Harry's arrival did nothing to help.
                    Lol knew someone would blame someone else other then him. Was Harry at Benfica selecting side on the sly?? Or Fulham etc

The fact is for all the talent he had and big ambitions in his career the biggest club he will have played for consistently is little old QPR which tells you what you need to know. Perhaps instead of disrespecting club and wishing himself away every transfer window he should have showed some class and appreciation to the club that made and gave him a platform and accepted he was probably at only club that would accept him.

We were too good for him but he could not see it

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Totally agree.

Comment

• Like banging an old flame, seems like a good idea at the time but you know its gonna be shite and won't ever be the same.

Love Adel for that season. Done #### that I could barely believe, literally every week at LR I was saying 'Adel will save us'.

Bloke is cooked now, a shame. But no-one should rubbish the season he had and what he gave the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Lol knew someone would blame someone else other then him. Was Harry at Benfica selecting side on the sly?? Or Fulham etc

I think it was more of a case of adel having that brilliant season, struggled in the prem under Warnock, but under Hughes was actually doing ok, no noise about tantrums or missed training or anything. He was actually playing left wing and making tackles and heading the ball! Then Hughes went, Harry came in and his career has spiralled since then.

Not saying it's all Harry's fault, of course not. Adel is his own worst enemy. Just that he seemed to be settled and ok before droopy turfed him out again.

Comment

The fact is for all the talent he had and big ambitions in his career the biggest club he will have played for consistently is little old QPR which tells you what you need to know. Perhaps instead of disrespecting club and wishing himself away every transfer window he should have showed some class and appreciation to the club that made and gave him a platform and accepted he was probably at only club that would accept him.

HERE HERE
                            Cant believe people still think he's any good, he's all washed up hasn't played regular anywhere since he left, a truly talented individual who wasted himself , and deluded about what standard of player he was, never quite good enough for the top level clubs? and couldn't apply himself with some self discipline i.e. his weight issues and behaviour and others putting blame down to HR Warnock Hughes , the only person to blame for his fall from grace is Adel,

Comment

• He played Champions League a couple of times, and was up to that standard ability wise.

Comment

Thats a top post West!
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2