No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aint going to give up his fat paycheck Benfica continue to give him up to 2020. Loan move perhaps, but will never make the grade at any sort of top level imho

Comment

• I don't even understand how this move will be possible. He has a 4 years on his contract at Benfica, you know he's not walking away from that to play 2nd tier football in Germany. It can only mean that Benfica are prepared to cut their losses and pay him off or it will be a loan move.

It is such an incredible waste of talent and such a shame. Astounds me that so many QPR fans would have this guy back at Loftus Road.

Comment

• It's off!! (LINK)

My translation of the statements from the Sporting Director of TSV 1860 München in the linked article above:
        "When it comes to transfers of this magnitude, it's important that you get to know him (AT), that you talk to him. And things have to be right there, but one or two things just weren't right. Adel has left München again."
        "It just didn't fit into the mentality/ethos of 1860 (club, not year). And we said to ourselves: We're just not going to do it. In such a case, you have to be 100% certain. And we weren't."
        "I intentionally didn't confirm this transfer all day (Thursday), because I wanted to be absolutely sure. And now I can say with 100% certainty, that the transfer won't happen."
        Last edited by peterlund.dk; 08-07-2016, 09:28 AM.
        QPR since 1993
        WATRB since 2015
        First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
          It's off!! (LINK)

My translation of the statements from the Sporting Director of TSV 1860 München in the linked article above:
          "When it comes to transfers of this magnitude, it's important that you get to know him (AT), that you talk to him. And things have to be right there, but one or two things just weren't right. Adel has left München again."
          "It just didn't fit into the mentality/ethos of 1860 (club, not year). And we said to ourselves: We're just not going to do it. In such a case, you have to be 100% certain. And we weren't."
          "I intentionally didn't confirm this transfer all day (Thursday), because I wanted to be absolutely sure. And now I can say with 100% certainty, that the transfer won't happen."
          i reckon it was the trousers that put them off....

Comment

• Originally posted by klonk View Post
            i reckon it was the trousers that put them off....

There's only one thing in this picture, that isn't off-pudding.
            QPR since 1993
            WATRB since 2015
            First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

• Redknapps fault never liked him from Spurs

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Redknapps fault never liked him from Spurs
                Awful man management. Just dire. 19th century.

Sooner have AT back than Harry, but without the right gaffer Adel is just lost. Back in the day I can imagine someone like El Tel getting a decent tune out of him, in fact Adel is a bit of throwback himself to the just turn up and play days.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  Awful man management. Just dire. 19th century.

Sooner have AT back than Harry, but without the right gaffer Adel is just lost. Back in the day I can imagine someone like El Tel getting a decent tune out of him, in fact Adel is a bit of throwback himself to the just turn up and play days.
                  Do me a favour.

The lazy bar steward would rather sit on his fat behind, stuffing his face and smoking shisha than put in a shift. He's never fit, he's always sulking and he's constantly underachieved throughout his career. It's beyond me why people are always looking for an excuse for him or trying to shift blame onto poor management or some other reason.

Fact is there has only been 1 season where a manager has managed to get the best out of Adel. Now, it's also a fact that Warnock only just managed to keep him on the straight and narrow long enough to get us promoted that season. If you don't believe me then read his book. The reason he never started against Leeds on the last day was because half hour before kick off nobody knew where he was.

Stop looking for excuses and call it what it is. Adel is where he is because he has a terrible attitude towards his career. End of!

Comment

without the right gaffer Adel is just lost.
                    Which begs the question which gaffer in your opinion would get the best out of him?

So far in his career only one has managed to do so. Would it not therefore be logical to assume that the problem lies with the player and not the lack of the right manager?

Just as one example, Bowles was a maverick in a similar mould, but you listen to any manager or team-mate he worked with and they all stress that he worked his socks off in training and was always super-fit.

You're an intelligent man Hal but I would suggest this completely disproves your oft repeated view and I'd recommend its reappraisal.

Comment

• All this chatter about whose fault it is and why Adel has massively underachieved..........NOT ONE WORD about that jacket he's got on......

Comment

• Rangers fans who keep hanging out he arris need to grow up stop defending him and accept he's a lazy #### and don't give a toss
                        Last edited by West Acton; 08-07-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• as ian dury once penned " what a waste "

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Would it not therefore be logical to assume that the problem lies with the player and not the lack of the right manager?.
                            Clearly the problem originates with the player. But once he's on the books the problem becomes the club's problem. You can either throw up your hands in despair - which begs the question as to why he was sought out in the first place - or try and find a way around it and turn the problem into an asset. It's that simple. I don't think Harry had a clue as to how to get the best out of him, although to be fair to Harry at the time we had a well salaried sports psychologist swanning around somewhere. Same applies to Samba. If NW could get it right re Adel, it is not illogical to assume that other management teams could do the same.

From a spectator PoV, I would say we haven't been worth the entrance money since those heady days but that's another story.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
                              There's only one thing in this picture, that isn't off-pudding.
                              The Skoda?
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Clearly the problem originates with the player. But once he's on the books the problem becomes the club's problem. You can either throw up your hands in despair - which begs the question as to why he was sought out in the first place - or try and find a way around it and turn the problem into an asset. It's that simple. I don't think Harry had a clue as to how to get the best out of him, although to be fair to Harry at the time we had a well salaried sports psychologist swanning around somewhere. Same applies to Samba. If NW could get it right re Adel, it is not illogical to assume that other management teams could do the same.

From a spectator PoV, I would say we haven't been worth the entrance money since those heady days but that's another story.
                                NW got it right for one season and Adel played with something to prove that season. As soon as we got into the prem, Adel got even too big for NW to handle after the PSG speculation. If you have to make every lunatic a captain to get them performing, you'd lose all your leaders.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X