Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
    Loads. I didn't begin hating Les Ferdinand overnight. I don't hate Jamie Mackie who effed off the moment he lost his place in the team. Not wanting to play for us is hardly the massive crime you make it out to be - especially if the player and the manager don't get on.

And I really don't think getting promoted via a last min play-off win when we had 2x the budget of the rest of the division is some sort of amazing achievement that exempts HR from criticism.
    Constructive criticism is helpful, constant criticism is not. Harry and QPR's achievements are not mutually exclusive, so to say it's not amazing Harry brought us up is to say it is not amazing we bounced straight back. Do you concur?

Comment

Yeah Adel clearly wants a move, and I don't blame him. Rot on the bench at QPR with a manager who dislikes him or play for a top side in Italy? No brainer.

He's not gone about it in a particularly great way but I highly doubt its anything to do with his fitness. Much more likely that this is all down to his wages being far higher than anyone else will pay, and the Spurs clause meaning we want to squeeze as much money out of the player and buying club as possible, with the looming 31 Aug deadline meaning lots of brinksmanship on both sides.
      Not saying it's to do with his fitness, it's all to do with attitude. Why does Harry dislike him? He seemed to get on ok with Bosingwa, and everyone else at the club. Do you think the problem is Adel? Harry is not alone in cutting Adel adrift, he used to be an international footballer..

Comment

Loads. I didn't begin hating Les Ferdinand overnight. I don't hate Jamie Mackie who effed off the moment he lost his place in the team. Not wanting to play for us is hardly the massive crime you make it out to be - especially if the player and the manager don't get on.

And I really don't think getting promoted via a last min play-off win when we had 2x the budget of the rest of the division is some sort of amazing achievement that exempts HR from criticism.
        It wasn't exactly just "getting promoted" was it? He turned around the entire direction of the club, we had no team spirit and only 1-2 players who fought for the cause and I for one, could visibly see the difference after just the first few games in the championship that everyone who was there was putting in a shift.

Comment

• Originally posted by AH08 View Post
          It wasn't exactly just "getting promoted" was it? He turned around the entire direction of the club, we had no team spirit and only 1-2 players who fought for the cause and I for one, could visibly see the difference after just the first few games in the championship that everyone who was there was putting in a shift.
          We played awful football much of last season but hung on in there amid significant change. Wasn't overly convinced but fair play for seemingly changing dressing room. We did scrape up and pre-season has been about evolution as opposed to revolution so for me now is the time for 'Arry to show us what HIS team can do.

Comment

• Remember when we went down and he got loaned to Fulham all his followers were saying we should be begging him to stay and play in the championship because without him we would be unable to get up. Apparently we were also only promoted last time because of him

Well that myth has now been put well and truely to bed

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Point out where I was factually incorrect? This is an AT thread, I didn't start it. There are plenty of people on here who would love to see this situation resolved to everyone's best interest. Slagging off a 25 year old with obvious difficulties doesn't really help him ore the club.
              Who said you were 'factually' incorrect?
              'Slagging off a 25 year old with difficulties?'.. I mean REALLY?! Why do you defend him so much?
              He doesn't want to play for my club or work for his money so IMO he can fvck right off straight away. Who wants people like that around..
              Fans like yourself are blinded because of 1 season with a few step-overs and goals.

NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                We're asking for 6 million actually.
                That's what we were originally asking, but pretty sure we reduced that (according to the press, which is all we can really go by).

Milan are talking about 3.5 million plus a sell on fee (similar to the arrangement we made with Spurs). If that means we only have to pay Spurs a percentage on 3.5 million, that could work out well for both sides.

Comment

• Hated the football, loved the spirit! If it'd have been the other way round (i.e "top quality" footballers who don't give a toss) then we'd have been mid-table at best, that's why, imo, Harry Redknapp did a top job!

Comment

For me its ridiculous that anyone can still love a player if they point blank REFUSE to train by the people who are paying them.
                    You cannot even compare Mackie and Les.. Mackie left for more game time.. He still trained and made an input right up until he left.. Adel is refusing to train and have any input.
                    Shame on you mate that you cant praise your team for getting promoted..

I don't get fans like you, I really don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      For me its ridiculous that anyone can still love a player if they point blank REFUSE to train by the people who are paying them.
                      You cannot even compare Mackie and Les.. Mackie left for more game time.. He still trained and made an input right up until he left.. Adel is refusing to train and have any input.
                      Shame on you mate that you cant praise your team for getting promoted..

I don't get fans like you, I really don't.
                      Not entirely correct on Adel's attitude. My understanding is that if any of the rest of the team want something from Greggs he is straight down there. Completely selfless team bonding. Due to injuries he does have to rest briefly halfway, think by coincidence there is a kebab shop about halfway. I just wish people would give the poor lad a chance. He bleeds blue and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                        That's what we were originally asking, but pretty sure we reduced that (according to the press, which is all we can really go by
                        Apparently its back up to £6 million now Mel: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...for-taarabt755

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          Apparently its back up to £6 million now Mel: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...for-taarabt755
                          I see that the Lord has given you strength today.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Adel is refusing to train
                            Why do you keep saying this like you know it for a FACT?

Where is your actual evidence for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Not entirely correct on Adel's attitude. My understanding is that if any of the rest of the team want something from Greggs he is straight down there. Completely selfless team bonding. Due to injuries he does have to rest briefly halfway, think by coincidence there is a kebab shop about halfway. I just wish people would give the poor lad a chance. He bleeds blue and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                I see that the Lord has given you strength today.
                                Another day, another coffee mate, which I'm grateful to the good Lord for providing.

Comment

Working...
                                X