No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a thread bare squad still makes no sense to get rid of him especially with talk of bringing a real tele tubby in the form of Krancjer

Comment

Redknap is the manager - if adel is refusing to train properly and is not injured then it is up to the club to fine him. He should follow the disciplinary procedure, not attack him in the press and reduce the value of one of our assets in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Yeah of course, but when the idea of getting Hoddle on board 1st came about I very much doubt that Adel's name had even entered HRs mind.... even up until finalising the deal with Hoddle..... IMO Adel's as good as gone!!
        And again, I'd say that just because something is not the top priority, it does't mean it won't fall under Hoddle's remit as coach. Becuase Adel is a QPR player, and I'd very much think Harry thought Glenn could get another level out of these players. As I pointed out in my post, I want Adel gone too. But I'm not frothing at the mouth about it, still I'm sure you can discuss it with Geng or hal9thou. Won't that be fun. Not..

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          After that presser this morning its fair to say Adel is NOT going to get a chance and too right as well IMO after what HR has said this morning..

He wants a move and hasn't trained properly for one day and is un-fit.. That does not sound like a player that should be given legendary or god like status by fans of the club that made him!! And it proves he is what I have thought he is all along in the big picture.. a waste of space.

Remy is the TOTAL opposite and puts fat boy Adel to shame.. Trained everyday, wants to get fit, just wants to play football, isn't sulking about not getting a move and has 1st class attitude in HR's words.

Remy should be given more of a 'god like' status than Adel. Good riddance Adel.. Come on Loic!!
          i'm not one of the adel love-in mob, but red chap did clearly say that adel was carrying injuries, hadn't been able to complete a full day's training yet and as a result was well behind the rest of the squad fitness-wise. that's not saying that he isn't training (or refusing to train until he gets his move), but that he's unfit. it was hardly a secret that adel wants to move away, but if no one stumps up for adel, he'll be in our 25 man squad and, if fit, he'll get some gametime at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Redknap is the manager - if adel is refusing to train properly and is not injured then it is up to the club to fine him. He should follow the disciplinary procedure, not attack him in the press and reduce the value of one of our assets in the process.
            I agree.

If Taarabt doesn't want to stay and is refusing to train, he should be fined a week's wages for each training session he misses. Redknapp, however, should not be going public with this as it risks lowering his value if it is seen that he has no future at the club.

I would still like him to stay as I think Hoddle is someone who can perhaps get the best out of him, and let's face it, the squad lacks creativity.

Comment

Can we stop treating HR press conferences as gospel? The guy just mouths off any old nonsense. Eg:

July 18: He said: “Granero has come back fit. He had a knee ligament injury last year at Real Sociedad but has come back fit, worked hard and showed good character.

“He’s a smashing lad and wants to stay. I hope we can get the best out of him and he can have a good season for us.”

http://talksport.com/football/redkna...G3HoTQaeBzm.99

July 28: QPR midfielder Esteban Granero has joined Real Sociedad for an undisclosed fee ...

SPANISH midfielder Esteban Granero joined Real Sociedad.

The 27 year-old, who spent time on loan with the La Liga side last season, has penned a long-term contract after QPR accepted an undisclosed fee from La Real for his services.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/28...e-1787778.aspx

Comment

Can we stop treating HR press conferences as gospel? The guy just mouths off any old nonsense. Eg:

July 18: He said: “Granero has come back fit. He had a knee ligament injury last year at Real Sociedad but has come back fit, worked hard and showed good character.

“He’s a smashing lad and wants to stay. I hope we can get the best out of him and he can have a good season for us.”

http://talksport.com/football/redkna...G3HoTQaeBzm.99

July 28: QPR midfielder Esteban Granero has joined Real Sociedad for an undisclosed fee ...

SPANISH midfielder Esteban Granero joined Real Sociedad.

The 27 year-old, who spent time on loan with the La Liga side last season, has penned a long-term contract after QPR accepted an undisclosed fee from La Real for his services.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/28...e-1787778.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  I agree.

If Taarabt doesn't want to stay and is refusing to train, he should be fined a week's wages for each training session he misses. Redknapp, however, should not be going public with this as it risks lowering his value if it is seen that he has no future at the club.

I would still like him to stay as I think Hoddle is someone who can perhaps get the best out of him, and let's face it, the squad lacks creativity.
                  Yep agree with this. Similar thing happened at the end of our relegation season, when HR talked down a lot of our players.

Krancjar is a shocking, lazy signing. He had all season to get fit last year and still looked off the pace and out of shape. Why do we think he'll do any better in the PL?

(is this the right moment to trot out one of those "you know who was more productive in our relegation season than Nike was in our promotion season" stats? I worry I might get some car door cliches hurled back at me...)

Comment

I agree.

Yep agree with this. Similar thing happened at the end of our relegation season, when HR talked down a lot of our players.

Krancjar is a shocking, lazy signing. He had all season to get fit last year and still looked off the pace and out of shape. Why do we think he'll do any better in the PL?

(is this the right moment to trot out one of those "you know who was more productive in our relegation season than Nike was in our promotion season" stats? I worry I might get some car door cliches hurled back at me...)

Comment

If Taarabt doesn't want to stay and is refusing to train
                      Taarabt is not "refusing to train". He's been injured. Harry said so himself at this morning's presser. The OP is inaccurate in that regard.

Who knows the real truth but if the manager says he's been injured than we can only take that at face value, and at least reflect those facts accurately on the messageboards, and this is coming from someone ambivalent about Taarabt either way.

Comment

If Taarabt doesn't want to stay and is refusing to train
                        Taarabt is not "refusing to train". He's been injured. Harry said so himself at this morning's presser. The OP is inaccurate in that regard.

Who knows the real truth but if the manager says he's been injured than we can only take that at face value, and at least reflect those facts accurately on the messageboards, and this is coming from someone ambivalent about Taarabt either way.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                          Harry just can't do right for doing wrong with some people.
                          Totally agree knocker.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                            Harry just can't do right for doing wrong with some people.
                            Totally agree knocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

Now this is going to confuse a lot of people as everything he says is nonsense....

So is Adel simple not fit and its a case of 'fat Taarabt'??

OR

Or is Harry telling the truth and he's just injured??
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

Now this is going to confuse a lot of people as everything he says is nonsense....

So is Adel simple not fit and its a case of 'fat Taarabt'??

OR

Or is Harry telling the truth and he's just injured??
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X