Ted's Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the differance between jim gregory and tony fernandes

jim gregory was of gypsy origion his family the gregories are still based in bagshot and ash and are a powerfull
    people they are well respected for there tenacity and shewdness
    jim not being able to read or write,was an absolute icon,i have met people who did buisness transactions with
    him and they said he was absolutely unbelievable in his ability to buy and sell vehicles
    the news of the world were going to do an article on him when he sold a car he clocked in blackwater
    in surrey this is where the lidles are now
    and jim really gave them the run around for a joke he told the news of the world that his sales manager
    drove everywhere in reverse thats how the clock must have gone backwards
    and when they finally returned with the origional owner the vehicles was now back in the showroom completely valeted
    and guess what it had the exact milage that it should have
    SO GREGORY SAID TO THE NEWS OF THE WORLD HE MUST HAVE READ THE SPEEDO WRONG WE DONT
    CLOCK VEHICLES
    BUT GREGORY AS A CHAIRMAN HAD ONE AMAZING GIFT THAT WAS LIKE TOMMY DOCHERTY GREGORY COULD SPOT A BRILLIANT SOCCER PLAYER
    LIKE RODNEY MARSH HE BOUGHT HIM AS A 21 YEAR OLD FOR 15 000 POUNDS THEN WQHEN HE WAS 27 SOLD HIM FOR 200 000
    AFTER HE HAD SCORED 100 GOALS FOR US THEN OUT OF THE MONEY HE BOUGHT 100 GOAL DON GIVENS FOR 40 000
    AND 110 000 100 GOAL STAN BOWLES
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• IN

IN COMPARISON TO JIM GREGORY
      tony fernandes is a beautifull naive person who will give anybody ten million pounds to try to bring in tallent
      but people like les ferdinand are preying on his naievity to try to give tony his greatest wish to get qpr
      a 40 thousand stadium and establish qpr as a prem side
      look how mark hughes has got stoke established in the mid table position but for us it all went wrong
      the only answer is we need a proven manager who can get qpr up and keep us up
      how can les ferdinand talk about success when he has no experience whats so ever as a manager so
      then why is he DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL

More...

Comment

• so to recap

so to recap jim gregory was a person who was brought up in a very tough enviroment,and tony was a person who grew up in a much more normal enviroment where education was everything and accademically he was a genius
        but with all the brains in the world moving into the soccer world is totally alien to him,he is driven by
        the desire to be accepted as a person,but jim gregory knew it was all unimportant to be accepted
        because with enough money you have a dictatership and you can command
        so gregorty was a bit like napolian bonarparte and tony fernasdes a bit like richard bransen,two completely
        differrant type of powerfull people
        i had a mate who waited for gregory and said I THINK YOU ARE A ###X
        gregory took of his jacket and said SO WHAT
        i cant imagine tony fernades being so basic about a threat of violence
        BUT LOVE THEM OR HATE THEM THEY ARE THE TWO BEST CHAIRMEN WE HAVE EVER HAD RICHARD THOMSON WAS THE WORST

More...

Comment

• i need to get my eyes bleached

Comment

• your

your eyes bleached can they be done blonde

More...

Comment

• Gregory was a football man, TF is a media man, he always wants to be seen in a favourable light. He SHOULD have sacked HR in early December, for me that's his only crime, on a personal level, I wouldn't have hired HR in the first place, but not being a true football man, I can understand that mistake.

Sparkles Hughes was a great hire, he just had his hands in to many things at the club, again I understood why he sacked him, but I wish he had made MH sack his back room staff instead and start again, it's funny but, I don't think he has many of them with him at Stoke?

I will reserve final judgement TF, if he gets this next hire right then it can all be put down to a learning process, if he doesn't then he has to be replaced as chairman.

For me that choice is now Ramsey, if Les gets this next transfer window right then he can stay also,if not then curtains for him also.

This club has to be built from the ground up, what Les and Ramsey have is the experience of building a youth structure, Spurs are proof of that, and if his coaching skills are as good as claimed, then that's a bonus.

QPR are a club that have always brought rough diamonds and polished them.

Spurs, if I remember correctly, stole our scout and youth manager a few years ago, these guys where never replaced!

Going back to the OP original post, Jim was and IS QPR, great chairman! If Bullstrode had lived, he would have given him a run for his money.
              Richard Thompson was also a very good chairmen, the worst by a million miles is the c@ck sucker Wright!!!
              Last edited by californiahoop; 27-04-2015, 02:16 PM.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

• Honestly, all I saw was this:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  Honestly, all I saw was this:
                  Let me guess, Tony's latest tweet?
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Good stories Ted, genuinely.

Gregory sounded like a proper character, and more importantly, knew how to run a football club.

Comment

• ive

ive got one more fabulous gregory story but you must remember that not even his fellow directors
                      knew he couldnt read or write it was disclosed in a newspaper report after he died
                      so the story ive got is that i was sitting in a place called veruleums which at that time housed
                      ashford aquatics and although they are now ceased trading at the time they were a brilliant fish place
                      and sometimes i used to go and look at the fish and then get a lovely breakfast in the cafe inside the complex
                      one day a mercedes pulled up and a man in his middle sixties got out and walked into the cafe
                      ordering a pot of tea and some cherry madera cake
                      seeing me in a qpr shirt he broke out in a smile and said yes yes yes
                      I asked him if he was a qpr fan but he said no he wasnt but he used to work for jim gregory,I said to him
                      that jim was my great hero.
                      So he recounted a fantastic story,this man had found out 16 acres of land was being sold of in oxfordshire
                      and it did have planning permision,it was ex military
                      but the man who said gregory called him the colnel didnt have a million pound,so he went to gregory and said he needed a million to put down on some property
                      unbelievable gregory asked the major out for dinner that very evening and at this dinner gregory did the following
                      HE PUT A CASE ON THE TABLE TOLD THE MAN HE HAD ACTUALLY BOUGHT THE SITE THAT VERY DAY BUT HE WAS GOING TO GIVE THE COLNEL
                      100 000 POUND AND GREGORY SAID TO THE COLNEL THATS NOT BAD FOR ONE DAYS WORK
                      I really loved the story
                      its a bit like when don masson complained to him about giving bowles his wages always a week in front on himself so he could bet
                      JIM GREGORY SAID TO MASSON YOU ARE NOT STAN BOWLES

More...

Comment

• Very difficult to compare the 2 as from totally different era's. Football is now so different from what I would call the good old days, when there was a relationship between a footballer and a fan, which has totally gone now due to the ridiculous money they are paid, compared to the average fan. I always like JG and met him on 2 occasions through Business and he was indeed as Ted says, knew what he wanted and wouldn't pay a penny more, even if I was a QPR fan :-)

Comment

• He also told my father that everything was for sale and that included the chair he was sitting on and the desk he sat at. Don't get too attached as everything has a price...
                          He would have bitten your hand off if someone offered £15 mil for Charlie!

Comment

• Jim Gregory was the best chairman we ever had imo.
                            He originally wanted to buy Fulham as he was a Fulham supporter, he was told to do one by Fulham and defected over to buy us.
                            I hope TF starts getting savvy, although it's probably a bit too late to repair all the damage done now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                              Jim Gregory was the best chairman we ever had imo.
                              He originally wanted to buy Fulham as he was a Fulham supporter, he was told to do one by Fulham and defected over to buy us.
                              I hope TF starts getting savvy, although it's probably a bit too late to repair all the damage done now.

Im sorry but he really needs to go now. 200 mil in debt, soon to be relegated for the second time in 4 years. facing a hammer of a fine. this club is going nowhere. just dreams of being an established prem club, dreams of 40k stadiums, dreams of training grounds, dreams of managers...... its all one big farking dream.

Just go tony ffs.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• i

I fear if we lose tony we are finished,I cant imagine anybody else wanting to pump millions into our club,so i hope he stays
                                after all both mark hughes and harry redknapp were good at other clubs,so he cant be acused of neglgeance

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X