X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the greatest qpr side ever

ILL NEVER FORGET
    THOSE YEARS OF WONDERMENT AND MAGNIFICENCE

in goal a player les allen had bought for only 17 000 pounds from walsall,a player who was the greatest ever keeper even to play for qpr

a giant of a man he would go on to be sold for a world record transfer fee

his specialality was when he was on a one on one with an attacker rushing in on the goal he used to spread his giant frame he won so many of those and even to this day i love big phil

clement and gillard both were full english internationals and both often played as wingers raiding up the line before crossing the ball

maclintock at the back used his ability to read the game

webbie a lionheart of a man used to get forward and score some brilliant goals

what can i say about the midfield we had the captain of england and the captain of scotland both playing for us at the same time

hollins was the worker forcing the opposition into some hurried pases and losing the ball

then we had the best ever winger to play for qpr dave thomas he actually weighed in with a very handy twelve goals in just one season

and of course our two iconic strikers givens and bowles

wow wow wow how wonderfull it was watching those lads rip teams apart
    losing at norwich that season left me with a broken heart
    but now we have hughsey our dreams can re start
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

ted ted ted halcyon days indeed never to be repeated no matter how much tf pumps in...when a small unfashionable club rubbed shoulders on an even keel with the elte..we proud were werwere 'champions' of all of england for those memorable few days and oh how proud we were......im gonna go home in read thrugh my programes from that wonderful season...home record played 21 won 18 i think...........fantastic stuff!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
        ILL NEVER FORGET
        THOSE YEARS OF WONDERMENT AND MAGNIFICENCE

in goal a player les allen had bought for only 17 000 pounds from walsall,a player who was the greatest ever keeper even to play for qpr

a giant of a man he would go on to be sold for a world record transfer fee

his specialality was when he was on a one on one with an attacker rushing in on the goal he used to spread his giant frame he won so many of those and even to this day i love big phil

clement and gillard both were full english internationals and both often played as wingers raiding up the line before crossing the ball

maclintock at the back used his ability to read the game

webbie a lionheart of a man used to get forward and score some brilliant goals

what can i say about the midfield we had the captain of england and the captain of scotland both playing for us at the same time

hollins was the worker forcing the opposition into some hurried pases and losing the ball

then we had the best ever winger to play for qpr dave thomas he actually weighed in with a very handy twelve goals in just one season

and of course our two iconic strikers givens and bowles

wow wow wow how wonderfull it was watching those lads rip teams apart
        losing at norwich that season left me with a broken heart
        but now we have hughsey our dreams can re start

Comment

but

but what a nightmare that norwich away game going to the match a massive 15 thousand qpr fans flying up the A 10 and we were all so full of exitement

every pub seemed full of rangers fans

in norwich the massed hordes of qpr fans rampaged around the town before the game

we made ouselves very unpopular that day

but after the game eveybody just got in there vehicles and drove home

i still have a re occuring nightmare about the train journey from epping to northolt station because my van didnt make the journey home

but now with the mittals millions being pushed into the club we can finally rebuild ourselves into a great side

More...

Comment

the day i met mark lazarus

well one of the proudest days of my life,was at mike keens testimonial

having stood next to the great rodney marsh during the ceronomy

i actually had a drink with mark lazarus and tony hazell,

my dad loved lazzer so much he was the origional king of loftus road,he put so many crosses right ontop of the great brian bedfords head,and of course for me rodney was the king of loftus road so its not often you meet two kings in one day

More...

Comment

500 qpr fans at aldershot pub

there is a pub right opposite the ground and at least 500 will be there for some real ale

SO BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

More...

Comment

Better off in the town. Only 5 minute walk away.

Comment

not

not really the landlord of the pub is putting on a barbeeque,and most of the stormtrooper are in there mid fifties so they will came to at the nearest pub,and show of all there newest scar tissue

More...

Comment

how do we know that the first team are going to wycombe

will the first team be available for wycombe or are they still on tour

More...

Comment

First team arrived back yesterday. Most will be there.

Comment

why i doubt that we will ever get hoilet

in todays paper it talks about qpr thinking about buying 30 year old steve pianare from spurs for 5 million pound

if hoilett is a done deal ,which is the suggestion of the metro ,I just dont think we would still be chasing so many players after all there has to be a limit to the money we have available to spend

More...

Comment

having watched the whole game on upstream

I dont know about you guys but i thought that when we went forward we didnt support our players
                          so that we didnt have matching numbers if we had of gone forward in numbers we could have scored six or seven if we were more organised

More...

Comment

thought when Mackie was in front of goal he should of scored 2 or 3 more times then did.. tried crossing the ball to much when he had clear shots

Comment

we

when we are going forward we are not going forward as a team,there needs to be more movement also adel needs to get himself forward more so he can get some good scoring chances

More...

Comment

newbee posters

out of the youngsters who have recently joined the site,who do we think have showed most potential...................are there any nuggets out there

or any muggets

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X