Does Harry want to keep Remy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Harry want to keep Remy?

There seems to be a lot of quotes flying around from Pardue about how he want Remy on a perm deal, but I wonder if Harry actually wants him here or not?

Newcastle are fav with the bookies now I think Harry knows Remys heart ain't with rangers and wants out off the club on Remys contract with rangers I though it was bad buissnes from our point off vue sell him for 15 mill and get 2 good solid players in who want to play for rangers remy is a great player I wish he stayed but everyone knows he wants out
    You Rsssssss

Comment

I would assume Harry very much wants Remy here to stay but he is also probably realistic in that he knows Loic wants a bigger club.

Comment

I wouldn't question whether Harry wants Remy here or not... going on a recent press conference HR was clearly happy that thing's didn't work out at Liverpool and made it very clear that Remy's failure to sign for Liverpool was our gain.... Personally can't see him going to Newcastle and all this latest hype of him going their is just paper talk.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I think that Harry definitely wants Remy to stay. What he really doesn't want though is for Remy to go on 31st August leaving no time to find an adequate replacement. It's a tricky scenario when a player has a release clause, the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, maybe even Chelsea could continue shopping until a few days before the end of the transfer window, knowing full well that if none of their other targets come off we would have to accept an offer above a certain figure for Remy.

I think what Harry and the board are trying to do is encourage Remy to explore all options now, speak to all interested parties & try to get a deal done. If nothing gets done in the next week or so they want Remy to commit until at least January. Whether it works out that way or not is a different story!

Comment

What's the point in keeping Remy only to revisit this discussion at Xmas. £13.5 million plus £75k a week saved plus £2 million last year and about £4 million in wages when we were in the Championship is brilliant business.

I think Remy has a questionable injury record through his career , comes with baggage and **** all integrity. He is a great finisher but he is not the world class player some seem to think he is. **** him off and move on ASAP , his sale is holding up incoming transfers IMO

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              What's the point in keeping Remy only to revisit this discussion at Xmas. £13.5 million plus £75k a week saved plus £2 million last year and about £4 million in wages when we were in the Championship is brilliant business.

I think Remy has a questionable injury record through his career , comes with baggage and **** all integrity. He is a great finisher but he is not the world class player some seem to think he is. **** him off and move on ASAP , his sale is holding up incoming transfers IMO
              He's a damn sight better than anyone we could realistically get in to replace him.

Comment

I don't agree with this post.

I think it's frustrations that cause these type of comments. Remy is a different level to anyone else in the team and he is a clinical goal scorer. That is worth allot more than 13m if it keeps us up.
                Yes it didn't work last time but that was not due to remy and some of his finishing WAS world class. We're 4/6 to keep him with newcastle at 2-1 so I really hope on this occasions the bookies have it right!
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

I think it's frustrations that cause these type of comments. Remy is a different level to anyone else in the team and he is a clinical goal scorer. That is worth allot more than 13m if it keeps us up.
                  Yes it didn't work last time but that was not due to remy and some of his finishing WAS world class. We're 4/6 to keep him with newcastle at 2-1 so I really hope on this occasions the bookies have it right!
                  If he doesn't want to play for us then he will be a waste of space so best to get rid and get someone else in

Look what happened to Cisse when his heart wasn't in it
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                    If he doesn't want to play for us then he will be a waste of space so best to get rid and get someone else in

Spot on Rangersw12.. I want rid of Remy TBH. Same with Adel.. if they want out then ship em' out whatever the fee

Comment

Not sure Remy would enjoy being put into the same sentence as Cisee.
                      We know he has always put a shift in so I don't get that point.
                      Yes of course he needs to make a decision ASAP but we don't know what the situation is behind the scenes but I know he would never put in a cisse performance.
                      Adel is the bigger call with regards to attitude and I am an adel fan.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Spot on Rangersw12.. I want rid of Remy TBH. Same with Adel.. if they want out then ship em' out whatever the fee
                        Not sure you can liken the situation with Remy to Adel. Remy signed for us when we were in desperate need of a goalscorer on the understanding we would let him go if someone bigger came in. Adel on the other hand is a player who's career was going nowhere until Warnock gave him a platform to really show what he is capable of. For me, Adel has repeatedly treated the club with contempt, whereas Remy has only done what he was clearly told he would be entitled to do, as per the contract that he signed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post

Where has this idea that he doesn't want to play for us come from?

As far as I can see it he wanted to play for a team in the CL hence Liverpool and as for last season he didn't want to play in the Championship as there was a World Cup at the end of the season, I can understand that too!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

I'm not frustrated it's win win for us in my view now that Liverpool aren't in for him.

The club won't just look at the fee the whole package if Newcastle paid £13.5 million for him would be closer to £19.5 once you stop being blinded by the fee and look at the saving. That would mean a nice profit of £12 million on a player who has managed 12 games for us.

That is excellent business and we need to reduce our debts.

Comment

Working...
                              X