Preparing for a barrage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for a barrage

The club (board) barely supported HR last season preferring to use loans to help us get up.

Then after PBS promise to get our business done early I can't help shake the feeling that they haven't really supported Harry's efforts to get a squad together yo stay up this year...

Yes I know they have learnt from their mistakes and concerns about the FFP but going into a season with one overweight striker, one striker who got a contract based on appreciation of a 89th minute goal as our strike force and a midfield of Barton, a midfielder who has suffered a double ACL and wingers that are either pony or don't last season mostly injured.

Please tell me where I am getting this wrong with 16 days until the start of the new season.

Can anyone say they are confident of us staying up with the squad we have or the squad we will have after the lady minute supermarket dash?

Any no I'm not trying to wind anyone up or $hit stir it's just I'm bricking it.

Lots on here will call you a panicker I make you right.

P!ss poor squad as it stands & we'll be cannon fodder if things don't change quite quickly. Days are ticking & players not with us can't train or intergrate.

Comment

Was wondering where the 'we are doomed' and 'we are not making any signings' threads were today.
      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 31-07-2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Some rare old typos from some jittery fingers

Comment

I think a few will be in by DD, they should have been earlier but I believe the club had to redraw the line in the sand, agents where lining up to butt f(u-c;k us!

Fingers crossed that this has been achieved and we can start recruiting, that's my take on it.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

I think because of the reputation under Hughes, players and agents think they can ask anything and get it. Hopefully they are learning that is not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              I think because of the reputation under Hughes, players and agents think they can ask anything and get it. Hopefully they are learning that is not going to happen.
              Seems like most people on this forum would rather us sign players on stupid money cos they are in a mad rush.

Comment

The club is a hard sell, we are one of the favourites for relegation with a poor squad. I don't blame the board personally. We just have to wait and see what happens. I'd imagine that our first choice, maybe even second choice, targets have all rejected us. This is the penance we have to accept for the last few transfer windows unfortunately.

Just remember, as frustrated as we all are, it must be tougher for the guys working round the clock trying to do deals and having nothing to show for it. All we can do is keep strong and rally around the club.

Things aren't all bad, we do have a good core of 1st team players and some favourable fixtures to start off with. Not to mention that a good team is always built from the back, so from that perspective we have made an excellent start. Now to finish it off.

Comment

The only thing we've got to attract decent players is money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                    The only thing we've got to attract decent players is money.
                    Prem football counts for nothing then?

Comment

Fair points in the OP and I expect a bit of a car crash start to the season myself - cos there will be a mess of players not arrived, or not wanted, or wanting to go, or biding their time, ones that TF wants to give a chance to etc etc etc
                      So I think you got to forget about the first few games of the season and write them off in your head but not your heart.
                      Instead focus on what happens on deadline day and even later with loans rather than the start of the season.
                      What happens then will be the key to suvival this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                        The club (board) barely supported HR last season preferring to use loans to help us get up.

Then after PBS promise to get our business done early I can't help shake the feeling that they haven't really supported Harry's efforts to get a squad together yo stay up this year...

Yes I know they have learnt from their mistakes and concerns about the FFP but going into a season with one overweight striker, one striker who got a contract based on appreciation of a 89th minute goal as our strike force and a midfield of Barton, a midfielder who has suffered a double ACL and wingers that are either pony or don't last season mostly injured.

Please tell me where I am getting this wrong with 16 days until the start of the new season.

Can anyone say they are confident of us staying up with the squad we have or the squad we will have after the lady minute supermarket dash?

Any no I'm not trying to wind anyone up or $hit stir it's just I'm bricking it.
                        I wont argue much with those comments.
                        I am as baffled as you as to why with 2 weeks before kick off QPR have only signed two CBs and one of them will be 36 years old in November!

The current squad is destined to struggle as badly as the Reading squad that went down with QPR in 2012/13. They didn't spend or improve their squad much either.

they will panic buy around the time the transfer window is closing and end up paying high fees and wages to clubs players and agents for players who will offer little to the club i.e. A Ferdinand, SWP, Zamora, Cisse, Granero and Mbia or loans like Maiga Dellatore Keane.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                          Fair points in the OP and I expect a bit of a car crash start to the season myself - cos there will be a mess of players not arrived, or not wanted, or wanting to go, or biding their time, ones that TF wants to give a chance to etc etc etc
                          So I think you got to forget about the first few games of the season and write them off in your head but not your heart.
                          Instead focus on what happens on deadline day and even later with loans rather than the start of the season.
                          What happens then will be the key to suvival this season.
                          We went through that 2 years ago before the 'they need time to gel' excuses started.
                          Surely if the board had learned from mistakes they should have conducted much of the business by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                            Some rare old typos from some jittery fingers
                            Panicked fingers more like

Comment

Not regretting not renewing my ST one bit , season will be one hard slog playing unentertaining football.

Comment

Working...
                              X