X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First team as today

According to official page the first team consists of 26 players
    GK: Murphy , Green,, Cesar
    DEF: Hill, Traore, Onuoha, Harrison, Yun, Simpson, Dunne, Donaldson, Ferdinand, Caulker
    MID: Taarabt, Faurlin, Barton, SWP, Ehmer, Hoilett, Sutherland, Henry, Petrasso, Phillips
    STR: Zamora, Remy, Austin

25 man squad rules says minimum 8 homegrown who spent minimum 36 months in youth system of a club in England and Wales. 17 foreign players are permitted. Under 21 player are defined as born on/after 1.1.1993.

So we have 3 under 21 i.e. Donaldon, Harriman and Petrasso – down to 23 for the squad.
    HR and many others say we need 4/5 new players so we need to get rid of few

ceasar, harrison, donaldson, ehmer, sutherland can all be taken from that list - wont be anywhere near the first 11 or possibly the squad on matchdays....Look at that team and we lack quality qand thats why we need the 4 or 5 players.

Comment

If we could get Fer and Valbuena for midfield and Sigthorsson and Deeney would we have a strong enough squad

Comment

What's with Collinson? He played the 90 mins against Southend, didn't he? Anyone know how he did?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          What's with Collinson? He played the 90 mins against Southend, didn't he? Anyone know how he did?
          Hope we don't sign him just for the sake of it.

Comment

Would the team be
            Green
            Onuoha-Ferdinand-Caulker
            Traore-Faurlin-Fer-Barton-Simpson
            Austin-Valbuena

Neither Sigthorsson nor Deeney would make the team

Comment

fer and valbeuna wont be joining
              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Valbuena's already decided on Russia hasnt he...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                  fer and valbeuna wont be joining
                  Are you TF or do you have some inside information

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                    Are you TF or do you have some inside information
                    I think maybe he just shares the same level of optimism as a lot on here........

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                      According to official page the first team consists of 26 players
                      GK: Murphy , Green,, Cesar
                      DEF: Hill, Traore, Onuoha, Harrison, Yun, Simpson, Dunne, Donaldson, Ferdinand, Caulker
                      MID: Taarabt, Faurlin, Barton, SWP, Ehmer, Hoilett, Sutherland, Henry, Petrasso, Phillips
                      STR: Zamora, Remy, Austin

25 man squad rules says minimum 8 homegrown who spent minimum 36 months in youth system of a club in England and Wales. 17 foreign players are permitted. Under 21 player are defined as born on/after 1.1.1993.

So we have 3 under 21 i.e. Donaldon, Harriman and Petrasso – down to 23 for the squad.
                      HR and many others say we need 4/5 new players so we need to get rid of few
                      I make 10 of the above that will be lucky to make a match day squad.

Cesar, Harriman, Donaldson, Taarabt, SWP, Ehmer, Sutherland, Henry, Petrasso, Zamora.

Cesar will be offloaded and if not I'd guess another loan move to Toronto would be on the cards. Harriman, Donaldson, Ehmer, Sutherland and Petrasso should be loaned out for the season to gain experience. I've liked the look of Harriman and Petrasso in pre-season but not good enough for the Premier League yet. Taarabt will end up at Milan for the season on loan. SWP, Henry and Zamora won't figure unless injuries/suspensions if we get our targets.

Our squad is way short of quality, we've played 4 pre-season games now, against much lesser opposition than in the Premier League and we've looked terrible in all 4 to be honest. I know it's all about fitness but we've struggled to put 5 passes together, poor defensively and terrible going forward.

It's time to start fielding strong squads now, I'd like to see Onuoha, Rio and Caulker start on Saturday. Traore left wing back, Simpson right wing back. Barton, Faurlin and Henry in the middle. Phillips as number 10 and Charlie up front.

Comment

This wont happen but id like to see

Green

Simpson caulker rio yun

Barton fer

Remy new cam phillips

Austin

I want to see a nucleus of players form last year in the team - this way we keep 6 from the team that got us up, bring remy back in and added 4 quality players. Obviously striker wise we need depth to, but in this formation we can play remy and austin (who I think deserves his chance) whether Austin is out on the wing slightly or moved to a free reign n0 10 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          This wont happen but id like to see

Green

Simpson caulker rio yun

Barton fer

Remy new cam phillips

Austin

I want to see a nucleus of players form last year in the team - this way we keep 6 from the team that got us up, bring remy back in and added 4 quality players. Obviously striker wise we need depth to, but in this formation we can play remy and austin (who I think deserves his chance) whether Austin is out on the wing slightly or moved to a free reign n0 10 spot.
                          I like the 4-2-3-1 formation and it could be given a good go this season. I don't think Remy has the work ethic though so would have to play up top, although he has played in that position before but apparently doesn't like it.

Simpson Caulker Rio Yun
                          Barton Fer
                          Phillips Van Der Vaart Traore
                          Remy

Comment

If we keep Remy would personally love to see us do 4-4-2 but looks like 'Arrold is preferring wing backs. In light of that would go for:

Green

Ned Rio Caulker

Simpson Traore

Barton Henry

Phillips

Austin Remy

I know a lot of people don't like Henry but we looked our most solid last season when he and Joey were in centre and we were dominating possession, albeit not doing much with ball, in a lot of those games. He will never dazzle us with his skills but in the top flight we will need to be rock solid in centre midfield and defence to try and knock the flow of better sides.

I personally still think we will sign a few and may lose Remy so that will change drastically but based on what we actually have think we would be fairly solid and carry some threat with Phillips and front two. I should emphasise when I say fairly solid I would still expect us much nearer bottom than top!

Comment

Henry is decent enough at breaking the play up but his passing is poor, that's why if we can get Fer it would be great as he can do both very well. I'd be amazed if Harry went with two up front though, although if Remy stays that may force his hand. I do think he'd drop Charlie though but again, it depends if we get a decent number 10 in.

We're going to be doing a lot of late business by the looks of things so the team against Hull, Spurs and Sunderland may be very different than the team for the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X