Just back - Leyton Orient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back - Leyton Orient

Apart from getting home late and then working I'm just back....

Observations having studied each player last night:

Green - very good and no need to worry def prem quality
    Caulker - finding his feet and fitness, did quite well. No worries here
    Dunne - finished at the top level. Did ok but will get found out
    Ehmer - Not bad but not prem
    Traore - Classy and up for it. Starter for me
    Simpson - lower prem defensively, upper league 2 offensively. Not gonna work with him as wing back
    Hoilett - apart from goal offered very little. Still lightweight and useless at receiving ball with his back to oppositions goal
    Barton - very assured, captain for me. Quality free kick for 2nd goal
    Henry - had a very good game and could be handy squad player
    SWP - Useless
    Austin - looks very unfit
    Harriman - I see something in this lad, would pick him over Simpson based on what I've seen
    Sutherland - ditto Ehmer

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    Apart from getting home late and then working I'm just back....

Observations having studied each player last night:

Green - very good and no need to worry def prem quality
    Caulker - finding his feet and fitness, did quite well. No worries here
    Dunne - finished at the top level. Did ok but will get found out
    Ehmer - Not bad but not prem
    Traore - Classy and up for it. Starter for me
    Simpson - lower prem defensively, upper league 2 offensively. Not gonna work with him as wing back
    Hoilett - apart from goal offered very little. Still lightweight and useless at receiving ball with his back to oppositions goal
    Barton - very assured, captain for me. Quality free kick for 2nd goal
    Henry - had a very good game and could be handy squad player
    SWP - Useless
    Austin - looks very unfit
    Harriman - I see something in this lad, would pick him over Simpson based on what I've seen
    Sutherland - ditto Ehmer
    I'd agree with quite a lot of that Rich. Not quite sure at Traore though, but I must admit, I've always liked him. Completely agree with Simpson, as I mentioned in the Isla thread. Hoilett is 99% of the time terrible but does 'scare' full backs if that's the right word! He's got it in his locker but we've rarely seen it, very frustrating. The sooner we can offload SWP the better and Charlie worried me last night but still think he'll come good, but he looked very slow, something that will improve in the games.

Comment

SWP - how soon can we get rid?

Not hindsight, but been bad business from day one.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        SWP - how soon can we get rid?

Not hindsight, but been bad business from day one.
        I'd have thought the club would have been in talks to end his contract, saying that I don't think SWP would agree as he's happy picking up every penny of his wage.

Comment

As I said on another thread, I also think he will do a job, I think he is underrated, the lad did make the final 40 for an England squad once, his distribution was great last night.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
            As I said on another thread, I also think he will do a job, I think he is underrated, the lad did make the final 40 for an England squad once, his distribution was great last night.
            Who? SWP?

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
              He's a confidence player Cali with his best days behind him. EPL competition wont bring either back, he was poor in the champ. Dead wood. Expensive dead wood.

Funny how a clearly unfit Charlie gets to play with the boys while Adel is isolated.....

Comment

He's a confidence player Cali with his best days behind him. EPL competition wont bring either back, he was poor in the champ. Dead wood. Expensive dead wood.

Funny how a clearly unfit Charlie gets to play with the boys while Adel is isolated.....
                Assuming the reference was about SWP, how can you say he was poor in the Championship when he rarely got a game, even when clear he should've been involved. Also under Redknapp he'd played fine, but all the knockers choose to ignore this.

Anyway the OP's assessment of him was in depth clearly. From what i saw watching most of the first half, he was heavilly involved always looking for the ball, linking play nicely and quickly, closing opponents down quickly and chasing back...... Not sure what else he could be expected to do in the team shape he played in. He was far more effective than Austin and some others on the pitch. But anyway, let's just say he's useless.

Comment

I thought Austin looked a stone overweight

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                    Who? SWP?

Lol, my error, I was referring to Henry.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

many

many years ago we had les allen who had a son called clive allen both of these suddenly lost everything in there early thirties by 34 they were both finished and its the same with ian wright and swp both there legs went early thirties

swp couldnt even get into the brentford team we should unload him he seems a lovely kid but hes finished as a player
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                        many years ago we had les allen who had a son called clive allen both of these suddenly lost everything in there early thirties by 34 they were both finished and its the same with ian wright and swp both there legs went early thirties

swp couldnt even get into the brentford team we should unload him he seems a lovely kid but hes finished as a player
                        Correct I am afraid.
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

I don't think his legs are shot he got back to cover his full back and got up and down the flank a dam sight more than Hoilet , his cross and general distribution was poor tho, H doesn't rate him and he's boss so fair enough
                          Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-07-2014, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Reading this makes me happy on behalf of one of my favourite players;Karl Henry.
                            Like the poster suggests he might be worthy a place in the squad. Make no mistake. he is not the best football player in the world, but on the occations I have seen him play, his positional sense when our midfield has been exposed has impressed me very much. On the whole, a real grafter and a great character to have in the dressing room, I should believe.
                            Last edited by Shania; 30-07-2014, 08:10 PM.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Reading this makes me happy on behalf of one of my favourite players;Karl Henry.
                              Like the poster suggests he might be worthy a place in the squad. Make no mistake. he is not the best football player in the world, but on the occations I have seen him play, his positional sense when our midfield has been exposed has impressed me very much. On the whole, a real grafter and a great character to have in the dressing room, I should believe.

I Donīt know if this made sense, but what can you expect when it is 30 degrees here in Norway..
                              Personally thought Henry was our best player last night, definately the "right sort", always gives 100%.

I must admit when we signed Henry last year I was ready to set fire to my own face but he won me round last season, though he still got (gets) panned by plenty of our lot which I feel is unfair.

.............Saying that, If he could be used in PX to bring in Fer we should so it immediately

Comment

Working...
                              X