Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
    Fakking ridiculous.

Promotion to the prem has secured us an extra 50,60,70+ million pounds. And we can't spend 10% of that on some new players? Where is the money going? towards our new concert venue?

If we're getting screwed by agents etc. here then why do we not look abroad? The Dutch, Belgian, French, Spanish, Italian, German leagues are full of promising players who won't cost the world.

I would happily take Hughes & his amigos back as things stand. I know he's been demonised here but the reality is he had a ****ing plan, found some decent players and wanted to build something, while this current lot are just winging it.
    I'd rather play kids than make signings that Hughes and Co made! That's the reason we're in the position we are today!

Comment

Seems to me that a very small minority are just whining for the sake of it and another small minority are just pretending to be happy for the sake of it.

Common sense tells us that we need to be more prudent than we were before. But likewise, you need to be seriously laid back to pretend that the current situation is less than ideal, to put it politely. It's ridiculous to be at the stage we are this close to the start of the season.

Comment

Fakking ridiculous.

Promotion to the prem has secured us an extra 50,60,70+ million pounds. And we can't spend 10% of that on some new players? Where is the money going? towards our new concert venue?

If we're getting screwed by agents etc. here then why do we not look abroad? The Dutch, Belgian, French, Spanish, Italian, German leagues are full of promising players who won't cost the world.

I would happily take Hughes & his amigos back as things stand. I know he's been demonised here but the reality is he had a ****ing plan, found some decent players and wanted to build something, while this current lot are just winging it.
        Think you'll struggle to find many who'd agree with you on your final statement
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Does make me laugh how PB said he was sitting down with HR straight after the playoffs so that we could get business done early...
          2 weeks to go and we have got 2 in... So much for a settled teem at the start f the season..... madness...

Comment

I would happily take Hughes & his amigos back as things stand.
            Absolutely no way, not least because it would bring Hughes' agent with him. He made a fortune out of us and Hughes was totally out of his depth, lost. Mark my words, Stoke will struggle sooner or later.

Comment

Cally has told you there are medicals due later THIS week! and the mlnge bags still whine , Cally has contacts in the medical world being one of counties foremost leaders in the treatment of Haemorrhoid's he deserves to be respected

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Worry when its time to worry is my take on it.
                All this moaning is madness, would we rather of derby scored the last minute gaol?
                Thats worry, trying to get out that division. We are out, why dont we try and enjoy it, especially the build up when we aint even bottom of the league yet.
                Exactly and spot on.....why don't people enjoy it instead of worrying. 'tis a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  And you keep making exactly the same point ad nauseum TW. We all get your perspective now, there's really no doubt of that, so why dont you just give it a rest?

And of course people stress over stuff they cant do anything about, and of course that defies logic. BUT it still happens, because that's human nature. Some things in life simply defy logic - it's just part of its mystery. Maybe you could learn to be a bit more tolerant of that.
                  I'll give it a rest Stan, when people stop moaning and fretting when they should be enjoying things....its not as if we have not made any signings...two cracking ones ins Rio and Steven C. the ad nauseam lot are the ones who keeping whining about its 2 weeks till start of the season etc etc. fret fret fret.......how come you are not telling them to give it a rest....its just as tedious and repetive as you think I am.... or is it that the minority opinion is viewed as not valid and therefore needs to be told to button it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Worry when its time to worry is my take on it.
                    All this moaning is madness, would we rather of derby scored the last minute gaol?
                    Thats worry, trying to get out that division. We are out, why dont we try and enjoy it, especially the build up when we aint even bottom of the league yet.
                    We're thirteenth. Of course we could always change the name to Aardvark Park Rangers and then we'd be top.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                      I'll give it a rest Stan, when people stop moaning and fretting when they should be enjoying things
                      And respectfully TW, who the fećk are you to constantly say what they should or should not be doing?

how come you are not telling them to give it a rest....
                      I'm not telling them to give it a rest because their complaint is with the club, and if people wish to use this forum as a platform to do that then they have every right to do so - it's one of the main reasons these forums exist.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Seems to me that a very small minority are just whining for the sake of it and another small minority are just pretending to be happy for the sake of it.

Common sense tells us that we need to be more prudent than we were before. But likewise, you need to be seriously laid back to pretend that the current situation is less than ideal, to put it politely. It's ridiculous to be at the stage we are this close to the start of the season.
                        Very sensible post, and pretty well unanswerable. For that reason it will be ignored by both the suicide brigade and by tw ranger...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Very sensible post, and pretty well unanswerable. For that reason it will be ignored by both the suicide brigade and by tw ranger...
                          ...don't forget K McCloed, he's on the same wavelength as myself on this subject I think......but hey, lets single tw out, bet there are others as well, but they are too scared to voice a minority opinion for fear of being slated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                            And respectfully TW, who the fećk are you to constantly say what they should or should not be doing?

I'm not telling them to give it a rest because their complaint is with the club, and if people wish to use this forum as a platform to do that then they have every right to do so - it's one of the main reasons these forums exist.
                            ..and with all due respect Stan, I have every right to disagree with these people and to voice that disagreement without being told to pipe down because it does not conform to the majority view. It works both ways mate!!!

Comment

...don't forget K McCloed, he's on the same wavelength as myself on this subject I think......but hey, lets single tw out, bet there are others as well, but they are too scared to voice a minority opinion for fear of being slated.
                              Sorry to be picky, but it's spelt McLeod.

Comment

..and with all due respect Stan, I have every right to disagree with these people and to voice that disagreement without being told to pipe down because it does not conform to the majority view. It works both ways mate!!!
                                Not when it's non-stop TW, for literally years on end - that's when it borders on trolling.

And it has zero to do with who's view is in the majority/minority; that's just a red herring.

Comment

Working...
                                X