Same old,same old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by twranger View Post
    that's because I'm more than accountable for my errors bush mate....unlike many so called men on here.
    On this particular occasion I have done nowt wrong.....apart from expressing an opinion and am not apologising for that.
    you have a way with words that gets you out of trouble. less than 1% have an attitude of "its only a game" but the reason we come on here as a mad bunch is because of......
    imo you try to push the boat out enabling your voice to be heard that bit louder.
    btw read your book during the week(finally)....nice read mate and fair play-a lovely bit of modern history.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

• Such a shame really that things have got to this stage.

I've been known to defend old TW on the odd occasion when others have aimed totally unacceptable abuse at him. There is absolutely no way he should get grief for where he lives, what type of school he went to, or a privileged upbringing. In fact, I personally was delighted to find out a few years ago now, that the bloke who invented Subbuteo was a Rangers fan and that his son posts on our site.

However, on this matter I can't seem to get at all sympathetic. It must take quite some lack of self awareness, to not see that certain behaviour and posting style, has been getting on peoples nerves now for some time. We can't all agree all of the time and occasionally we may inadvertently upset somebody for whatever reason. But surely, when so many people have hinted about a change of attitude or style, it should be clear where the problem lies.

TW, calling other posters the W word, is against the rules that you seem keen on pointing out are in place. Not going to hold it against you on this occasion as that would be petty, but would like to think that you would at least give some serious thought and consideration as to how better you can interact with your fellow posters, as nobody has any desire to see any poster leave, let alone appear to be pushed out. I'm pretty sure that this would be a better place for all concerned, if you were to turn over a new leaf and start afresh. And I'm just as certain that the majority of others would hold you in much higher esteem for making the effort.

No doubt this sort of spat can be very amusing to some. But we should all be aware that it can be extremely tiresome for most of us. Would be nice for it to stop now, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Such a shame really that things have got to this stage.

I've been known to defend old TW on the odd occasion when others have aimed totally unacceptable abuse at him. There is absolutely no way he should get grief for where he lives, what type of school he went to, or a privileged upbringing. In fact, I personally was delighted to find out a few years ago now, that the bloke who invented Subbuteo was a Rangers fan and that his son posts on our site.

However, on this matter I can't seem to get at all sympathetic. It must take quite some lack of self awareness, to not see that certain behaviour and posting style, has been getting on peoples nerves now for some time. We can't all agree all of the time and occasionally we may inadvertently upset somebody for whatever reason. But surely, when so many people have hinted about a change of attitude or style, it should be clear where the problem lies.

TW, calling other posters the W word, is against the rules that you seem keen on pointing out are in place. Not going to hold it against you on this occasion as that would be petty, but would like to think that you would at least give some serious thought and consideration as to how better you can interact with your fellow posters, as nobody has any desire to see any poster leave, let alone appear to be pushed out. I'm pretty sure that this would be a better place for all concerned, if you were to turn over a new leaf and start afresh. And I'm just as certain that the majority of others would hold you in much higher esteem for making the effort.

No doubt this sort of spat can be very amusing to some. But we should all be aware that it can be extremely tiresome for most of us. Would be nice for it to stop now, please.

I will **** myself if he comes back with a reply in the usual tone...

To be fair to TW I don't think he realises how he comes across to others, a bit like weareqpr12 doesn't realise how he sounds when he says he has a better knowledge of the game to everyone because he played for egham.
        Last edited by jfish; 01-08-2014, 07:01 AM.

Comment

...but I am posh mate! well, not really, but in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!
          Down the rangers he ain't king but he's a jolly good chippie.
          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
          London Pride is a flower that's free.
          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Brian, I come on here to read about QPR, hear what folk have to say about QPR, do word association, and generally try to have a bit of light hearted banter with like minded QPR fans. If I see something I disagree with, I say so. Is that trolling?
            No, trolling is when you post the same sarcastic response with smiley face/scratchy head on thread after thread after....

Originally posted by twranger View Post
            I'm not into the overly serious debates on QPR - its only a game after all and if people get all serious and uptight about it I like to give a bit of light hearted stick, because in my opinion, repeat,in my opinion life too short for that level of seriousness. That's all it is. Is that trolling?
            It should be fun on here, but it's getting all too serious and very very cliquey.

I agree with most of what you say. The constant moaning/panicking around wrecks my head. I just think as others have said that there are better ways of going about it.

Comment

• Not a fan of TW, never have been.. (soz, not soz)

Comment

• Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                you have a way with words that gets you out of trouble. less than 1% have an attitude of "its only a game" but the reason we come on here as a mad bunch is because of......
                imo you try to push the boat out enabling your voice to be heard that bit louder.
                btw read your book during the week(finally)....nice read mate and fair play-a lovely bit of modern history.
                cheers bush, glad you enjoyed it mate.....the old game has been going for sixty eight years now and the brand is still as strong as ever....long may that continue!

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Not a fan of TW, never have been.. (soz, not soz)
                  ...gutted about that! Ruined my day that has!

Comment

...gutted about that! Ruined my day that has!
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      Such a shame really that things have got to this stage.

Brighton, excellent post mate and you make some good points. Unfortunately you are trying to get a leopard to change it's spots! We all have, without exception, our own posting styles. Each one is different, as we all are as individuals. There are some posters here whose "style" of posting offends me beyond belief....the ones who can hardly string a coherent sentence together and use the disguised f word all the time, is one of them for example. Contrary to belief, I am aware that I can rub people up the wrong way with my posting style at times, and believe it or not I do try to kerb it at times as well. I think we all need to be a lot more tolerant of everyone else on here, and that includes me of course. I will try to be more aware of how I post my opinions in future, but at the end of the day how I post is how I post. It would not be me otherwise, like it or loath it.
                      Hope that makes sense.
                      Have a good day folks...love you all!!! xx

Comment

butt out Norths, there's a good boy!
                        Now do one!
                        For a so called 'posh' middle aged man, you don't half come across like a chav at times.

Norths is a decent bloke who is respected on here and nothing more needs to be said apart from I am off to stamp on my subbuteo set.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          For a so called 'posh' middle aged man, you don't half come across like a chav at times.
                          Hear, hear!!
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

There are some posters here whose "style" of posting offends me beyond belief....the ones who can hardly string a coherent sentence together and use the disguised f word all the time, is one of them for example
                            I think I know who you mean here. There is a lack of consistency to that account that cant be put down to using spell check on occasion. The mask is slipping.

Comment

• Nick and TW are both the same on here.. Surround themselves with big words to try and bail them out on more than one occasion.

Come across like right Gimps IMO.. Far too High street Kensington for my liking

Comment

I will try to be more aware of how I post my opinions in future, but at the end of the day how I post is how I post. It would not be me otherwise, like it or loath it.
                                Thanks TW, pleased to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X