Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Drop Charlie Austin And Play Loic Remy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    So W12 would you say to keep hill and dunne at cb next year over caulker and ferdinand? What has remy done wrong for wanting to sign for a top four team when hes more then good enough.
    It made sense for liverpool to sign remy when they are short on strikers....Utd still have hernandez, welbeck, rooney and van persie on their books and van gaal has said he wants to look at the youngsters.
    Mouriniho well I dont know and wenger is mad not to take a punt.
    Sentiment will only get us so far.....but tbf this thread is lethal as I think harry will find a way to have both in the team if Remy does stay. My answer is based on the question who is the better player and thats remy hands down. I also think this remy agenda where he showed no commitment is very harsh when you look at the cricumstances involved.
    I've never said I wouldn't want Remy I'd love him to stay but don't want to see Austin dropped. You don't drop your best players and Austjn is one of our best. You play both and yeah I'd put Remy on the bench as well, Austin has earned the right to start the season so if it's one up top he should start. Someone stated earlier have some of out fans learned nothing and to be honest I don't think they have.

Comment

Hardly ever agree with you w12, if ever... but found myself whole heartedly doing so in this thread. Peas.

Comment

the whole point of my post was you dont just drop your best players, it kinda pish,s of the dressing room and we all know where that leads! any way the whole thread is a mute point really because i can see both playing for us if remy stays, which has to be a good thing!
        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
          the whole point of my post was you dont just drop your best players, it kinda pish,s of the dressing room and we all know where that leads! any way the whole thread is a mute point really because i can see both playing for us if remy stays, which has to be a good thing!
          Can you really see harry going two up top after last season when he point blank refused, no matter how much abuse he took from supporters at the ground or on social media. Suppose its the much weaker oppositions will make him be a lot more risque eh?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            In all fairness I remember Les well but was quite young when he was around - about 8 or 9 to be fair so im sure you have a much better memory of him then I do.

We will have to disagree about his stats as I think a 1 in 2 goal ratio is pretty special on the prem and one that not to many players can boast and not something you come across regularly.
            Maybe it's an age thing but Remy doesn't excite me that much. A one in two strike rate is decent but doesn't make a player world class. My point is far more prolific players have never been deemed world class despite their strike rate, Ian Wright , Kevin Philips and Robbie Fowler to name a few.

I would just go easy in throwing around the term world class as Remy hasn't done anything with his career so far to warrant that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
              I think both will play too to be fair. This thread was dangerous from the start. Feel torn between choosing as I completely understand people taking charlies side, but also feel remy is the better player and sometimes unfairly questioned over commitment.
              I think Harry will find a way to play them both. Especially if we are palying 3 5 2 then why wouldnt it be Austin and remy up top.
              Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 28-07-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                Maybe it's an age thing but Remy doesn't excite me that much. A one in two strike rate is decent but doesn't make a player world class. My point is far more prolific players have never been deemed world class despite their strike rate, Ian Wright , Kevin Philips and Robbie Fowler to name a few.

I would just go easy in throwing around the term world class as Remy hasn't done anything with his career so far to warrant that title.
                Fair enough fella, I take your point on board maybe world class is a bit premature and should be used for exceptional talents like ronalso, messi ect.....As said in last post I find this debate very hard as I genuinely take on board your feelings towards charlie and your opinions but I have tried to answer the question on quality and how it was asked.
                I genuinely hope bith will play together as I think they will be lethal as a partnership and I rate charlie very highly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Can you really see harry going two up top after last season
                  It all depends on the opposition and how he lines up at the back, and whether we push up or sit back. One up top without the ball becomes three in a 4-5-1 when in possession. 4-2-3-1 is another example of one up top which becomes 4-3-3 with the ball. A lot of sides are playing a straight 4-3-3. So yeah, I can see him playing two under certain circs. Things seem a lot more flexible these days.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    It all depends on the opposition and how he lines up at the back, and whether we push up or sit back. One up top without the ball becomes three in a 4-5-1 when in possession. 4-2-3-1 is another example of one up top which becomes 4-3-3 with the ball. A lot of sides are playing a straight 4-3-3. So yeah, I can see him playing two under certain circs. Things seem a lot more flexible these days.
                    And ive added all them points in the title thread of the poll. Getting sick of people saying 'polls pointless cos harry will play both every game' when that's obviously rubbish talk. Yeah maybe against hull first game, but highly unlikely away against any of the top half.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Remy is a proven top Premiership striker, has performed consistently well at this level, has not said anything against the club and puts in a shift. Can hardly criticize him for wanting to play at top.

Taarabt has largely flopped in the Premiership, has at times shown real disrespect for the club (over and above simply wanting to play at top), doesn't consistently put in a shift.

In other words with Remy (who I still think will probably leave anyway) we would get a top Premiership player with good attitude while with Taraabt we would get a prima donna who does not fit in with any system, has a poor attitude but who we have nice fuzzy memories of from a few years back!
                      Yep.

Far too many here are still wearing their rose tinted specs.

Football is a money business now and loyalty is soon gonna be a forgotten word.Just the way the game is changing.

Comment

• Remy over Austin, but Austin would probably get his share of playing time too, and rightfully so.

Comment

• chaz 18 , remy 9 , i rest my case!
                          LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Working...
                          X