Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Drop Charlie Austin And Play Loic Remy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
    Completely missing the point as per usual

I give up.....
    Judging by the responses it probably indicates you're missing the point bud.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I think we should play 4 2 3 1 - hate this 5 3 2 formation - I would personally have remy as one of the 3 behind Austin.
      Is that 5 defenders or strikers
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
        Is that 5 defenders or strikers
        Haha my bad - 3 5 2 is what I meant but witht the amount of midfielder we have atm maybe 3 5 2 would be better

Comment

If we're going 1 up top i'd play at Chas in that role ahead of Remy. LR's game isn't suited to being a lone striker.

Not saying Austin is a better play cos clearly Remy is a far advanced player, just that up top as a single striker i'd have Chas ahead of Loic.

Comment

Over 38 matches, both will have an important part to play (assuming we keep Remy). It is a long season and much will change as it progresses. I'll leave it to Harry to decide who starts and when.

With that said, I'd like to see them playing up front together so I would not drop either one of them.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
              Ability wise Remy is on a different planet to Austin. Football is a results buisness, Remy has to start.
              Is he though, i think some of our fans salivate over him a little too much. He is decent but from what I've seen he can drift in and out of matches a lot whereas Austins style of play and work rate has him constantly involved with the play dropping deep at times. I know one thing Remy is no where near the player Sir Les was and many a Geordie would agree with that. Before making those sort of statements id wait to see how Austin performs in the premier league he may surprise you.
              Last edited by W12_Ranger; 28-07-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                Is he though, i think some of our fans salivate over him a little too much. He is decent but from what I've seen an drift in and out of matches a lot whereas Austins style of play and work rate has him constantly involved with the play dropping deep at times. I know one thing Remy is no where near the player Sir Les was and many a Geordie would agree with that. Before making those sort of statements id wait to see how Austin performs in the premier league he may surprise you.
                Well said W12, Charlie may well turn out to be a top notch Premier League scorer!
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                  Well said W12, Charlie may well turn out to be a top notch Premier League scorer!
                  Lets hope so
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Over 38 matches, both will have an important part to play (assuming we keep Remy). It is a long season and much will change as it progresses. I'll leave it to Harry to decide who starts and when.

With that said, I'd like to see them playing up front together so I would not drop either one of them.
                    Sorry mate, im a fool. I should of put a 'or leave the decision to harry' option on the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      I'd play both.
                      So would I. 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 as it may turn out to be if Simpson is the right wing back.

Comment

here we go again all the experts having a say! the way i see it there is no way you drop someone who scored 20 goals for us last season, works his boolox off and cares for the club for someone who didnt want play for us last season and dosent want to be here! some posters on here have very short memories! if you start doing such crass things as this you run the risk of destroying the dressing room spirit! HAVE YOU LEARNT NOTHING????????? THESE SORTS OF THREADS REALLY PISH ME OFF!
                        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Just like Ricky Lambert.

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                            here we go again all the experts having a say! the way i see it there is no way you drop someone who scored 20 goals for us last season, works his boolox off and cares for the club for someone who didnt want play for us last season and dosent want to be here! some posters on here have very short memories! if you start doing such crass things as this you run the risk of destroying the dressing room spirit! HAVE YOU LEARNT NOTHING????????? THESE SORTS OF THREADS REALLY PISH ME OFF!
                            Remy is a 20 goals a season premiership striker. Too right he didn't want to play in the Championship in World Cup year. His decision was correct as he went on to be selected for the French squad.

As for wanting to play for a champions league side, who wouldn't. Don't kid yourself that Austin will not want to do the same if he has a great season and gets the same offer next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Remy is a 20 goals a season premiership striker. Too right he didn't want to play in the Championship in World Cup year. His decision was correct as he went on to be selected for the French squad.

As for wanting to play for a champions league side, who wouldn't. Don't kid yourself that Austin will not want to do the same if he has a great season and gets the same offer next summer.
                              ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ive heard it all before from all the "experts" last time we come up! all i can say me old mucker is be careful what you wish for!
                              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Id deff play Remy against Liverpool and if he scores a hat full.....wotta day we'll have !

Comment

Working...
                                X