Would you like Remy to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Can't wait to see him bag a hat-trick against Liverpool.

Yeah and can celebrate by faking a heart attack in front of the cop, before team mates start to give CPR and Barton calls an ambulance.....

Comment

The Remy Story So Far (Video)

Liverpool pull out of Remy deal - http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...t-of-remy-deal

Remy's Liverpool move collapses - http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...move-collapses

Redknapp: Remy is perfectly fit - http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...perfectly-fit-

Comment

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/l...-redknapp-remy

Harry thinks he's staying....

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          If, and it's a big if, Harry and Tony think they can retain Remy then they need to tie him to a new deal as soon as possible. One without a silly buy out clause and one that means we don't lose him on deadline day when someone pops up with a last minute deal to ship him out, leaving Harry scrambling around for a Will Keane or Maiga type signing lastminute.com.
          It's a discussion that needs to take place with Remy NOW - commit to us and sign a new contract or do one and let us get on finding a replacement. I would love him to stay but, at the moment the above deadline disaster scenario is the one I fear most
          I can see where you're coming from bluehoop but I don't agree. The only incentive for him to sign a new deal would be increased wages and when we are already (apparently) paying him more than Arsenal would, we are paying him more than enough. He will be an important player if he stays but let's not compound our original mistake by once again negotiating out of desperation. There is still time to bring in other strikers and we should be looking at that regardless.

Edit: Damn, forgot to call you all kinds of insulting names for having a different opinion! I guess I deserve a ban for that!
          Last edited by dsqpr; 28-07-2014, 08:00 PM.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I agree. he is a very good Premiership goalscorer - something like 21 goals in 39 games - and replacing him with a striker of similar quality will cost upwards of £15m.

Comment

Naaa don't want him the greedy goal poacher he wont let other players score.

Comment

YES,YES,& YES proven striker at prem level maybe Harry and uncle Tony can persuade him this is the club for him.

Comment

Newcastle still want him. Talking about even a loan out to them?

Please tell me we wouldn't loan him out in the prem. That would be horrible.

Newcastle are totally obsessed with remy, anywhere but there i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
                    Newcastle still want him. Talking about even a loan out to them?

Please tell me we wouldn't loan him out in the prem. That would be horrible.

Newcastle are totally obsessed with remy, anywhere but there i hope.
                    Read that. Some of these articles and - worse still - fanzine blogs are so incapable of seeing the bigger picture. If someone offers 16m then i cd see him going as he has made the mental break with us but what would possibly be in it for us? A 2m loan fee? Big deal. We wd then struggle to land some cart horse like troy deeny for 10m. Wd make zero sense and pure fantasy on newcastle's part unless they suddenly find 16m down the back of the sofa..

Comment

Very glad that Liverpool is making this huge mistake

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Read that. Some of these articles and - worse still - fanzine blogs are so incapable of seeing the bigger picture. If someone offers 16m then i cd see him going as he has made the mental break with us but what would possibly be in it for us? A 2m loan fee? Big deal. We wd then struggle to land some cart horse like troy deeny for 10m. Wd make zero sense and pure fantasy on newcastle's part unless they suddenly find 16m down the back of the sofa..
                        Exactly my thoughts...'pure fantasy on Newcastle's part'.

Would make absolutely no sense!! HRs clearly happy that Remy's back (going on his recent press conference) and TF is doing all he can to get him back. Just wont happen............ unless ££££££££!!
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Exactly my thoughts...'pure fantasy on Newcastle's part'.

Would make absolutely no sense!! HRs clearly happy that Remy's back (going on his recent press conference) and TF is doing all he can to get him back. Just wont happen............ unless ££££££££!!
                          Generally agree. If TF genuine and we don't need to sell why would we sell to a team who could possibly be rivaling us next season? Outside of say top 8 sides not that much in it. We should be near bottom but if say we keep Remy and add four decent quality signings we could be nearer the middle. Newcastle are a bigger club, with bigger ground etc but London is a big draw and I genuinely think we as a club are a decent option. We have plans for the future, are financially secure, 'Arry is a draw and I suspect TF comes across very well.

I know we are currently low on player numbers at the moment but several weeks to go. Am looking forward to season and seeing how we do. Am under know illusions about which end of table we will be nearer but will be interested to see if by end we are nearer bottom or middle as we have potential for either. If we stay up and nearer middle I would fancy us to progress further the following season. That would make us more attractive still to players.

Remy strikes me as ambitious but not a problem player and if he stays I fancy him to give it a real go this season. We have treated him well and to most people that would go a long way.

Comment

With the way Rio helped lure Caulker, would be great to see Remy turn up at the club and integrate with the squad in the next day or so.

Comment

Been saying the same for the past 12 months
                              if a Champions League club buy him he will go (like every player in the world)
                              but if not I expect to see him back at the club next season
                              my money is on a charlie+loic tag team next season

Comment

Seems like it wasn't a medical issue after all.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...ion-diaeresis?

Comment

Working...
                                X