No announcement yet.

Van Der Vaart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry done a decent job this season, rebuilt the squad and managed to get us over the line just. More than can be said for Reading or Wigan. He has not signed anyone this season so why all the manager bashing.

He aint perfect but who would you lot prefer?

Comment

Am I in the right thread?

Comment

Think most people are getting fed up with being linked with players on the slide and looking for a pay day.Harry don't like taking risks and likes signing his old mates.Okay for a short term solution but not for the long term.

And with Harry getting on he ain't gonna be around much longer,and I,along with many others,don't want to see us saddled with a load of old has beens on big dough when he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
          Think most people are getting fed up with being linked with players on the slide and looking for a pay day.Harry don't like taking risks and likes signing his old mates.Okay for a short term solution but not for the long term.

And with Harry getting on he ain't gonna be around much longer,and I,along with many others,don't want to see us saddled with a load of old has beens on big dough when he retires.
          I think you're spot on stan and I completely agree with you. A very sensible post and definitely highlights many of our concerns. Bet you're getting ready for some thai todger?
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            I think you're spot on stan and I completely agree with you. A very sensible post and definitely highlights many of our concerns. Bet you're getting ready for some thai todger?
            18 days to go mate.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
              Harry done a decent job this season, rebuilt the squad and managed to get us over the line just. More than can be said for Reading or Wigan. He has not signed anyone this season so why all the manager bashing.

He aint perfect but who would you lot prefer?
              not that im advocating sacking him but i would prefer a manger who has a chance of being here in 5 years time. We need stability, a long term vision and while we are sitting around until HR decides to retire, we could be proactive in highlighting who we want to take this club forward in the long term.

Comment

Can we really question the quality and age of the players who Arry paid a transfer fee for ? Austin,Phillips,Yun and Donaldson all look to have very promising careers ahead and good resale values.All the rest have been on short contracts or loans that contributed to our promotion.
                Please don't **** down his leg and tell Arry its raining.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post

I think your right about people getting fed up with us being linked to certain types of player's but half the time it's not even Harry's fault. Just because its in the papers doesn't mean there's any truth in it, literally journo's making it up! Or maybe a reporter asks HR what do you think about a certain player, he's not exactly going to say "yeah he's ok, but for someone who's that old is on a $hit load of money and doesn't really offer much". HRs just professional and probably reply's "yeah he's a good player and could still do a decent job, you'd be lucky to have him in your team". But its up to the reporters what they make of it or how they twist his words into "yes he's a great player and I will definitely be going for him in the summer".... maybe we should actually judge HRs signings when he's actually signed someone!!!
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

VDV could barley last 90 mins a few years ago so god knows what he is like now

Too old and injury prone for me

We also need some pace in the centre of midfield
                    We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      I think your right about people getting fed up with us being linked to certain types of player's but half the time it's not even Harry's fault. Just because its in the papers doesn't mean there's any truth in it, literally journo's making it up! Or maybe a reporter asks HR what do you think about a certain player, he's not exactly going to say "yeah he's ok, but for someone who's that old is on a $hit load of money and doesn't really offer much". HRs just professional and probably reply's "yeah he's a good player and could still do a decent job, you'd be lucky to have him in your team". But its up to the reporters what they make of it or how they twist his words into "yes he's a great player and I will definitely be going for him in the summer".... maybe we should actually judge HRs signings when he's actually signed someone!!!

Well said mate - that's what's doing my nut in. He's getting all this stick because of paper talk and we haven't even signed anyone yet. As mincer said a couple of threads up if you look at players Harry actually paid a fee for last year ie Austin Phillips ect they are all mid twenties or.younger and long term players for this club. Why all of a sudden is he now incapable of doing this again.
                      People moan about only going after over 30's then you see them moaning going after a player like Bryson from derby because he's a one hit wonder. Harry can't win with half of us.

Comment

Van Der Vaart is the premier League version of Kranjcar.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Van Der Vaart is the premier League version of Kranjcar.
                          Good comparison mate. Basically on his day he'll be majestic and will create and score. Will also be injured a fair bit and consistency could be a problem. Undoubtedly a very talented player and one I would have depending we have a squad that can accommodate the way he plays.

Comment

I'd have Van Der Vaart just to get his missus down at the bush.

Suggest you all google her asap. Different class sort!!

Comment

Staying at Hamburg. Another rumour dies. Next?

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                                I'd have Van Der Vaart just to get his missus down at the bush.

Suggest you all google her asap. Different class sort!!
                                Do you mean this minga?

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X