Remy latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    I think Liverpool will still want him? But I think they're trying to get him on the cheap get the price cut to about £5M ,There's no way we should let him go on the cheap lets keep him and if he proves his fitness score a few goals for us , and wants to leave in January then so be it, there will be plenty of takers,
    They want to pay 5m so the rest can to towards his wages I bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
      They want to pay 5m so the rest can to towards his wages I bet.
      Well he better drop his wages then as why should we lower an agreed fee with both the club for his release and the player to go. We have kept our side of the bargain down to him and mousers to sort it out between themselves now

If they had no intention of paying him what he wanted bit of a waste of time them triggering the clause unless its just to s hit stir

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Well he better drop his wages then as why should we lower an agreed fee with both the club for his release and the player to go. We have kept our side of the bargain down to him and mousers to sort it out between themselves now

If they had no intention of paying him what he wanted bit of a waste of time them triggering the clause unless its just to s hit stir
        I'm not saying it's that, it could be but you're right.

I'm fed up with everyone using our club... If Liverpool are doing this hope Tony tells them where to stick it with a hand gesture!

Comment

I'm not saying it's that, it could be but you're right.

I'm fed up with everyone using our club... If Liverpool are doing this hope Tony tells them where to stick it with a hand gesture!
          If we didn't win promotion then we'd be in a different position, but the fact we're now a premier league club I think and hope TF will demand the release clause is met otherwise he stays, failed medical or not.

It's just Liverpool being extra cautious or they've had good vibes regarding a deal for another player, namely Rodriguez and pulled the plug on Remy.

Remy's appearance record is fine and for me, it's absolutely brilliant news the deal has collapsed.

Comment

• I'm happy that his staying too but don't want him messing us around, Tony has stuck to his words and it's about time Remy shows a little respect back now.

Comment

I'm happy that his staying too but don't want him messing us around, Tony has stuck to his words and it's about time Remy shows a little respect back now.
              To be fair, Remy hasn't said a word. I can't blame him for wanting Champions League football. The club have done everything by the book and allowed him to speak to clubs once the release clause has been met, so he can't have any complaints. The value of his clauses are still massively below his real valuation also, so I'm sure he's happy with the way we've dealt with him. It comes across him and TF still have a great relationship which bodes well.

Comment

• Sky's take on the whole saga:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...t-of-remy-deal

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...move-collapses

...theyre saying the release clause for a top 4 side is £10.5m; 5th or 6th - £12m; anyone else £15m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                  To be fair, Remy hasn't said a word. I can't blame him for wanting Champions League football. The club have done everything by the book and allowed him to speak to clubs once the release clause has been met, so he can't have any complaints. The value of his clauses are still massively below his real valuation also, so I'm sure he's happy with the way we've dealt with him. It comes across him and TF still have a great relationship which bodes well.
                  You say his clause valuations are well below his value, and i aint saying thats wrong...BUT how come we have not had one bid from any club other than Liverpool if hes struck himself such a deal that hes so cheap and a bargain to any club on the planet? Cant work that out, not one club wants this superstar striker for half his true price????

Comment

• Starting to think now that Remy got to America, met up with the manager and squad and they just didn't like the cut of his jib and used the old medical chestnut to pull out of the deal. Really thinking thats the case now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      You say his clause valuations are well below his value, and i aint saying thats wrong...BUT how come we have not had one bid from any club other than Liverpool if hes struck himself such a deal that hes so cheap and a bargain to any club on the planet? Cant work that out, not one club wants this superstar striker for half his true price????
                      One word: "Wages". We are obviously paying him over the odds and he doesn't want to accept less to make a move.

Same thing with Cesar - we value him at £0 yet nobody wants him. He is obviously worth more than nothing!
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Think Newcastle may still be interested....

Comment

• Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
                          Think Newcastle may still be interested....
                          Were they interested whatsoever when they had him? Did they do anything to try and keep him back then? What would of changed?

Comment

• I dont know mate.... just have a feeling they may try again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
                              I dont know mate.... just have a feeling they may try again...
                              Ashleys even tighter and shrewder than Levy lone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Ashleys even tighter and shrewder than Levy lone.
                                you're not wrong... we shall see..

Comment

Working...
                                X