Big project -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
    It`s not an easy job that Harry or TF have got to do.
    I completely understand all comments on here and really see both sides.
    The thing for me is we are 2 games into pre season and only 3 weeks away from KO.
    What I saw yesterday (the game) was nothing short of shocking, I know it`s only a friendly and so on but IMO we have no chance of survival without some real transfer activity.
    Don`t want to go on and on about what/who /how many we need, just want to say we need them quick IMO.
    They will need time to "gel" and get used to the new system etc. so the quicker they come in the quicker that happens.
    We don`t need to bring in "big names" for every transfer, just players that fit the bill.
    I would be quite happy to see some Championship players signed, and signed with an eye on this season and future ones.
    As said it`s no easy task but with all the players we have lost we should be looking at more than 2 CB`s signed by now.
    Iv`e said for a long time that starting each season need ing to sign almost a comlete new team will never lead to sucess or even stability.
    Good post mate.

My main frustration at the moment is I think we have conducted some good business but we need more and quickly. If by the end of this week, we found ourselves with for example, fer, valubena, holtby and deeny then all of a suddedn things change massively. We desperately need these type of signings, players at a decent age wgo can be here for the next 2 or 3 years so we dont have to keep doing these massive squad over hauls.
    We need depth and quality but if we get it right this could sort us long term and as you siad mate I dont even think it needs to cost millions and millions.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Good post mate.

My main frustration at the moment is I think we have conducted some good business but we need more and quickly. If by the end of this week, we found ourselves with for example, fer, valubena, holtby and deeny then all of a suddedn things change massively. We desperately need these type of signings, players at a decent age wgo can be here for the next 2 or 3 years so we dont have to keep doing these massive squad over hauls.
      We need depth and quality but if we get it right this could sort us long term and as you siad mate I dont even think it needs to cost millions and millions.
      Totally agree.
      Would love to finish this week with those mentioned on board.
      It just feels like we`ve hit a bit of a stalemate with most of the wanted players and don`t seem to have any replacements in mind.
      Seems as though H & TF just want a first 11 and not a squad (i`m probably wrong but it`s how it seems to me).
      Just feeling a bit impatiant but i`m hopefull it will all work out in the end...Please god

Comment

Working...
      X