Austin In The Prem .....What do we think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
    Certainly can't play up top on his own as today showed, maybe in the championship but not the prem. Fear if our tactics aren't right he could struggle.
    Sorry mate but that's rubbish. Played a lot of games on his own up front last season and did very well.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He will imo work immensely hard for the team, it will be about getting off to a good start. If he can net against Dull City then I feel that will give him the confidence to continue scoring. My fear is he may get injured early on, hopefully I'm wrong. He does need help and support from others and as always its a confidence thing scoring goals.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

i see crouch saying he loves working with harry in the papers today. I know people moan about him, but he got ten prem goals last season, did we have a player other than charlie get ten championship goals?
        He would do a good job for us on a one or two year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Exactly my thoughts when I first read this thread.....IMO it all depends on whether we play this 352, as he'll have less service as it's a much more defensive set up. IMO I still think 4.4.2 is the best formation, especially if we can get someone like Andros in who can whip a decent ball in.
          Don't think I've seen Townsend cross a ball in my life

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            You're gonna be on Rio's back all season aren't you...
            Embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              i see crouch saying he loves working with harry in the papers today. I know people moan about him, but he got ten prem goals last season, did we have a player other than charlie get ten championship goals?
              He would do a good job for us on a one or two year deal.
              Amen to that. Austin will thrive from playing alongside him. Deeney or/ Sigthorson, CA,BZ and Crouch is a good strikeforce, in addition to Fer etc in midfield. A fine mix of "talent and experience" that is.

IMO
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Certainly can't play up top on his own as today showed, maybe in the championship but not the prem. Fear if our tactics aren't right he could struggle.
                Are you serious? Its pre season for starter and Austin played up front most of the year on his own. He holds the ball up exceptionally well and tbh if he hadnt got injured he prb would of been top goal scorer. Cant believe he is getting written off by some on here.
                F*** me we ar eplaying, hull, palace, west brom, burnley, leicester, villa next year, none are exactly world beaters and charlie is a excellent striker. All this prem experience is rubbish, if your good enough your make the step up and charlie has the talent to do that and from someone with coaching experience I would expect a better analysis and more understanding of pre season games.

Comment

Charlie scored goals in a team last year which lacked creativity and played sideways football. Finished on 20 odd goals and missed a fair amount of the season. You put this lad in a better team with players who can actually create chances he will score. Charlie if first choice will easily sclipse the 10 goal barrier imo and 12 - 15 would be very achievable.

Comment

I think you're right...if he's not getting any service, which he didn't get very much of last season. Frightened to see the 3 centre backs playing on the 18 yard line today in the 1st half and everything breaking down in midfield. No wonder he didn't look too potent.

When he is our only outlet we look a very limited side.

Comment

You could have all the attributes pundits talk about.. Pace, awearness, ability to read the game blah blah blah, but as a striker the most important one is being able to finish when you get not even half a chance, and Charlie has that.

It dosnt matter what league your in, if you've got that ability, as long as you get the service to create the opportunities you'll score goals.

Providing we get enough decent service into him he will score.

I think 10-12 goals for him next season and about 14th place for us

Comment

Working...
                      X