Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cesar recalled from loan - official from Toronto

http://m.torontofc.ca/news/2014/07/j...-recalled-loan

Toronto FC announced Friday that Brazilian international goalkeeper Júlio César has returned to English Premier League club, Queens Park Rangers F.C, thus ending his loan with Toronto FC and Major League Soccer.

“At Toronto FC we aspire to be internationally recognized as a leader in every aspect that involves our football club, and to be a consistent contender for championships in North America. With this ambitious vision comes the need for acquiring players of great character that leave an impact both on and off the pitch. Júlio César is certainly one of those players,” said Toronto FC General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. “On behalf of everyone at Toronto FC, I’d like to send our sincere thanks to QPR for the opportunity to bring Júlio to Toronto. We’d also like to thank Júlio for everything he brought to our club. He made an immediate impact and all of us are better for it.”

Júlio César, 34, joined Toronto FC on loan from Queens Park Rangers F.C. in February and made seven league appearances. He earned MLS Save of the Week honours for Week 7 and finished with a record of 3-4-0 with two clean sheets.

Júlio César started in all seven of Brazil’s matches in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, where the host nation finished fourth earlier this month.

http://m.torontofc.ca/news/2014/07/j...-recalled-loan
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Does this mean he's on the way out?

Comment

Can't see us shifting him, might as well stick him on the bench, more than enough ability to be Rob's cover, I don't mind Brain Murphy as cover but it seems he gets an injury every time we need him!

Comment

Boo. Leave him there.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          Does this mean he's on the way out?

I think loan was i initially until Dec '14/Jan '15
          So either he's in our plans for the '25', or
          We had a clause stating if another team came in with an acceptable offer (Benfica ?) & agreed personal terms, then his loan ends.

Not sure which I prefer but it sounds like somethings afoot.

Comment

I personally believe he's being sold. Because why would we recall him this early with the wages he's on? May aswell leave him to play first team football in the MLS & recall him later when our season starts
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Hopefully out him now,decent keeper but no loyalty. was never QPR,just a remnant of that stoke ####
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I think we'll have him in our plans. This is the premier league & Brian Murphy bless him is not up to standard.

Comment

Eh? There was some video of him crying his eyes out again as the Toronto lot said goodbye a couple of months ago. Why is this being sold as new news now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                    Eh? There was some video of him crying his eyes out again as the Toronto lot said goodbye a couple of months ago. Why is this being sold as new news now?
                    He didn't officially leave two months ago. As you say he said goodbye then so it seemed that he was not going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                      I wonder if he'll have the same tearful reaction when he finally leaves us??... me thinks not!!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Not loyal?!? WTF. I have not heard any problems with him. Harry said he had no problems with him. He hasn't talked **** about the club. IMO the fans should always show loyalty until the a player does something disloyal. Cesar has been bashed to oblivion here (from hero to zero), I don't think it's right or justified.

Still I would like to shift him ASAP because we don't need him. 2 very good GKs is 1 too many. Should have never got to in the first place but that's not the players fault.

Comment

Green wouldn't have resigned this summer if Harry hadn't assured him he'd be number one: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/g...rs-number-one?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            I wonder if he'll have the same tearful reaction when he finally leaves us??... me thinks not!!
                            He will when his pay slips stop coming through.

Comment

Wonder if he's been brought back so we can sell him or use him in a deal...
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2