Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barton for new Captain?...Who gets your vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Contrary to popular thinking, I reckon a good old fashioned skipper is a great asset. A lot of people these days think it's irrelevant. With quite a few sides you get the impression that it doesn't matter who wears the arm band. I think that's missing a trick. Also the reason why GK as skipper not my cuppa.

All the really great sides - in rugby, football and cricket - have had great leaders. At random: Adams, Baresi, Beckenbauer, Maldini. In rugby Martin Johnson, Richie McCaw etc. It matters.
    Good shout, the person has to be around for a few years, SC,NO, DS, JB,CA but in this instances,I would give it to Rio with Steven as his vice captain, so we can start to create some continuity.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

I voted Barton but think it should be a ross up between Rio and him Barton playing his part getting us back up for me has earned it however I don't personally see the hype over the captain he tosses the coin and decides if we kick off or swap ends the captains role has diminished in todays football

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I voted Barton but think it should be a ross up between Rio and him Barton playing his part getting us back up for me has earned it however I don't personally see the hype over the captain he tosses the coin and decides if we kick off or swap ends the captains role has diminished in todays football
        No, no, no! I have seen captains change game with a shout, tackle, charge up field etc!
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Captains role is important mate, a recognised leader out there is something every team needs, no matter how many leader types there are in the first 11.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Surprised there hasnt been a massive thread about joeys huge row about the war with yossi bennyoon on twitter. They must of hated each other when he was here by the way they went on at each other. Was a shocker to be fair.

Comment

Joey`s a good call ,as long as it dosn`t put him off his game , he could thrive on the responsibility or crack under the pressure , reckon he`s a very complex fella
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                Joey`s a good call ,as long as it dosn`t put him off his game , he could thrive on the responsibility or crack under the pressure , reckon he`s a very complex fella
                I reckon that's an understatement Vesps

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  I reckon that's an understatement Vesps
                  thats me being nice ,when i really mean he`s crackers !
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Has a captain been appointed yet? Notice that Joey was captain for most of the preseason when Clint wasn't playing.

Comment

Working...
                    X