No announcement yet.

Frank Lampard Reveals He Turned Down QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always admired Lampard, I would have done the same. It's not worth coming here and try to help the club and then get slaughtered if everything goes against you if you don't play as well as as you did for your old club. Fans turn on you faster than butter melts in the sun, especially if you just arrived here and don't have any flashy moves.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jimmy Rabbit;1294298]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...City-deal.html

Good move by Frank, the amount of stick he got in games against us, one bad game from someone who's likely to have many, as he's in the twilight of his career, and to be honest do we want to sign a 36 year old , I'll repeat Tonys quote we should build for the future( and I know Rio's joined but on considerably reduced wages to what was originally banded around,and I think he mainly been brought in to get the Chief and Caulker going,

Comment

Franks a legend at chelski there's no way he'd have joined a team they hate.... Personally think he's still got a lot to offer. He was relatively quiet last season, but the season before when there were question marks whether he was going to be offered a new contract, he came out fighting and played some great football... but from a qpr point of view, the centre midfield is a place where we need to build with youth. Barton's getting on, Faurlin's just a bit too injury prone for me to trust in the premiership, Granero is still a bit hit and miss on IMO. All 3 player's won't be here long term (as starter's anyway). So to bring Frank here would only be short term, and in the long term wouldn't really make a lot of sense.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          I read about this but dont remember the actual incident at the time. Was he was being a **** to tourists in general (not just Americans) at Heathrow or did he refer specifically to 9/11?
          You're right it was at an airport. Apparently it was mocking Americans over it. Him and a few others.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
            I read about this but dont remember the actual incident at the time. Was he was being a **** to tourists in general (not just Americans) at Heathrow or did he refer specifically to 9/11?
            well over the top behaviour which was a bit of a shock coming from a young Frank, possibly expected from the other Chelsea players in his company that day
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
              no hard feelings from me-top notch player who carried himself in the right way.
              Fair comment but for England it didn't seem to work out that well on a regular basis.... He was wise to avoid us and would've deffo been a step down from his perspective and can understand why he chose trying his luck out in the gold old U S of A....

Comment

Working...
              X