No announcement yet.

Gary O'Neil to be released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all the best to Gary.little odd that Ian Taylor did an interview with him unless it was for him to say goodbye etc. - (haven't seen/heard interview)

Comment

Harry says he hopes to bring 4 or 5 in. At the moment there doesn't seem to be much activity and even the rumours are drying up.

Comment

Maybe it was about wage demands too. 3 weeks ago, the offish claimed he was offered a new contract....

Comment

Jack Collison is better than O'Neil, sad to see O'Neil go after the play-off final but if he hadn't have been sent off then nobody would have any qualms with the decision to release him.

Comment

Originally posted by ZamoraScored View Post
            Jack Collison is better than O'Neil, sad to see O'Neil go after the play-off final but if he hadn't have been sent off then nobody would have any qualms with the decision to release him.
            Based on what? Collison averages 16 games a season over his 7 year career and he's massively overrated. Stuggled to get in the Bournemouth and Wigan starting line ups last season.

Comment

I like Gary O'neil and will be sad to see him go but I hope Collison isn't the player to replace him need better more reliable players IMO
              TWITTER
              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

As JM says above, it's all gone worryingly quiet in terms of being linked to players, let alone any signings on the horizon
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  As JM says above, it's all gone worryingly quiet in terms of being linked to players, let alone any signings on the horizon
                  I would expect it to get busy again when we get back from germany
                  TWITTER
                  @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                  Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Fer was being talked about over the last couple of days. Think we will have him in by monday

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                      Fer was being talked about over the last couple of days. Think we will have him in by monday
                      I thought I read that we hadn't made an approach for him Norths - hope we have and that he is on his way. Certainly need to work on some strikers though as look more lightweight even than last year at the moment
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Whilst I liked Gary and he is an honest pro I don't get the selflessnish thing ! I was ****ing livid with him that we had to spend 40 mins backs to the wall and who knows what would have happened had they scored but I would rather have been 1 down 11 against 11 ! Ok we got away with it and it will always live I'm my memory because he got sent off but I certainly was not thinking thanks for that Gaz ! More like what the **** did he do that for we ain't got a scooby Dooby doo now :-)
                        Last edited by Kit; 24-07-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Whilst I liked Gary and he is an honest pro I don't get the selflessnish thing ! I was ****ing livid with him that we had to spend 40 mins backs to the wall and who knows what would have happened had they scored but I would rather have been 1 down 11 against 11 ! Ok we got away with it and it will always live I'm my memory because he got sent off but I certainly was not thinking thanks for that Gaz ! More like what the **** did he do that for we ain't got a scooby Dooby doo now :-)
                          It's all if's and but's but I think he did the right thing. If Russell scores, I think we lose. Anyway, it just made it even better

Comment

good luck to the bloke, split second decision at Wembley, I wasn't going to hang the man out to dry if we'd lost. Think his best game was his debut and has been indifferent since
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Cheers Gary good luck for the future.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I'm obviously in the minority here but I'm disappointed by this. I think Gary would have been a good squad player in the PL and could have done a job for us when called upon. Are we really going to replace him with someone better? I hope so but I doubt it. Any club that has 25 players all better than Gary O'Neil has a very strong squad.
                                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                                X