Troy Deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Jesus wept £8.5m?! Not my money but that's well over the odds. Don't think he's any more than a decent championship player personally.
    Yeh and 8.5m is about the rate for a decent championship player these days I think, especially if you're English. Probably realistically worth about 5m but dels point about sticking around even if we go down is a very good one,won't be any better strike forces in championship than those 2

Comment

problem is the mcCormack deal has set a dangerous precedence on how champ clubs can value their strikers. I presume deeney goal scoring record over the last 2 years isnt to disimilar too mcCormacks.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
        Yeh and 8.5m is about the rate for a decent championship player these days I think, especially if you're English. Probably realistically worth about 5m but dels point about sticking around even if we go down is a very good one,won't be any better strike forces in championship than those 2
        Yeh but we need to plan for a future in the PL not the championship.

Hopefully he does the business if he signs.

Comment

Why are people so keen for Deeney? Not proven, not that great and 26 - two years older than Austin.

Comment

if we really want him 40k a week would do it but not sure on the £8.5m maybe £5m would do it
            TWITTER
            @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
            Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
              Yeh but we need to plan for a future in the PL not the championship.

Hopefully he does the business if he signs.
              Yeh agree mate but think deeney is a risk worth taking

Comment

How much did Jelavic and long go for in january? (As a comparison)

Two proven premier league goalscorers, if only one of them had stayed put for a few more months

Comment

Originally posted by alanfullerqpr View Post
                  if we really want him 40k a week would do it but not sure on the £8.5m maybe £5m would do it
                  Yeah I'd take him for that, still don't particularly rate him though.

Comment

personally if this is the going rate for strikers atm the fact is we need to get involved and on offer id take deeney for 8 mill - in my head its prob about 2.5 - 3 mill over what I think he's worth but I also think he still has a lot of potential and desire on top of some genuine quality.
                    Wont be a world beater but we cant compare his fee to remys who we all know is being sold massively under his true market value. We also prob wont get anyone like remy for a long time. fact is deeney is realistic, quick, strong, good scoring record over the last 24 months and is the type of player most have cried out for us to take a look at.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      personally if this is the going rate for strikers atm the fact is we need to get involved and on offer id take deeney for 8 mill - in my head its prob about 2.5 - 3 mill over what I think he's worth but I also think he still has a lot of potential and desire on top of some genuine quality.
                      Wont be a world beater but we cant compare his fee to remys who we all know is being sold massively under his true market value. We also prob wont get anyone like remy for a long time. fact is deeney is realistic, quick, strong, good scoring record over the last 24 months and is the type of player most have cried out for us to take a look at.
                      Pretty much how I see it also

Comment

he seems to have scored a good few goals for a mid table team in watford , if he gets his head down and trys hard then fair play to him . only time will tell if he can do it at this level i haven't seen a lot of him so will pass judgement as and when

Comment

If Deeney is worth £8m why did we get Charlie for £4m?

Bad buy if true.

Comment

A big Nooo from me. Unproven. But, I will support him if he signs!!
                            Last edited by Shania; 22-07-2014, 09:30 PM.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

He's better then gayle at palace who went for similar amount last season or was it more

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                A big Nooo from me. Unproven. Butm I will support him if he comes!!
                                Agreed, against the signing but if he does then he deserves our full support.

Comment

Working...
                                X