Troy Deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Not even convinced it was as much as that. What I heard was that Leeds' Italian chairman fabricated a price and gave it to the media to stop the fans revolting when McCormack was sold. I heard that the actual price was about half of the 11m that the press reported!
    Exactly what I heard from a Leeds st holder at work . It's common knowledge up there apparently

Comment

• Jacko ‏@Jakthelad06 · 1m
      Seeing Leicester are ready to up there bid of 7.5 mill to Watford for Troy Deeney , as football gone mad ! Whats that make Porter worth SUFC

Comment

Fulham never paid anything like what was quoted in the media for McCormack.

Yeah I see that on dot.org a while back iirc. Still, doesn't have any bearing IMO. £11m is the number that's out there, other Championship clubs will chance their arm
        Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 27-07-2014, 12:08 AM.
        Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
          Yeah I see that on dot.org a while back iirc. Still, doesn't have any bearing IMO. £11m is the number that's out there, other Championship clubs will chance their arm
          Not so sure mate, I think everyone in the know will realise that McCormack didn't fetch anything like what has been reported. As for Deeney, I will be astounded if he fetches anything more than 5m quid. In my opinion the only player in the Championship that you could justifiably pay in excess of 5m for is Jordan Rhodes!

Comment

Not so sure mate, I think everyone in the know will realise that McCormack didn't fetch anything like what has been reported. As for Deeney, I will be astounded if he fetches anything more than 5m quid. In my opinion the only player in the Championship that you could justifiably pay in excess of 5m for is Jordan Rhodes!
            Fer and Hooper would probably go for more than £5m apiece.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
              Fer and Hooper would probably go for more than £5m apiece.
              Yeah, fair enough. I actually meant players who were playing in the Championship last season though!

Comment

• Could Deeney play alongside Charlie ? from what little I seen of him I think they are too similar..£5m tops and a season of plucking splinters out of his arris.

Comment

• Redknapp hopes to complete Deeney signing in the next few days
                  http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/r...r-wls-football
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Get the dduuuccckkk in, I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's a really good player, certainly won't get bullied, will add more height for defence & attacking corners

This is great news. Not sure where it leaves the Remt situation though
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                      Redknapp hopes to complete Deeney signing in the next few days
                      http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/r...r-wls-football
                      Sounds like its out of our hands, with Burnley and Leicester both interested and making offers. I can see coming down to who makes the best personal terms and who's the most attractive club..... its the waiting game!!!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Please don't pay that much for a player who's never played PL football before, it's a risk.

We should offer 3-4m which can rise depending how he does.

Comment

• Would be a great signing. Even at 8 mill, the fact that the two clubs we come up with are in fro him at the same figure to me shows we are doing the right thing here and we are going for the right type this time.
                          Hes realistic, scored goals, quick and strong and to me the type we all wanted. Yes the market is slightly inflated at, but **** me borini for 14 mill. Deeney will suprise a few imo and at least he will come with desire.
                          Him and austin would be a great combo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Sounds like its out of our hands, with Burnley and Leicester both interested and making offers. I can see coming down to who makes the best personal terms and who's the most attractive club..... its the waiting game!!!
                            I think not having to move would be a massive plus for the player as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              Please don't pay that much for a player who's never played PL football before, it's a risk.

We should offer 3-4m which can rise depending how he does.
                              Absolute sense!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                                Absolute sense!
                                Agree in principle, but the world in the Premier League doesn't make sense. It's always been inflated and now the money has doubled wince we were last in it any club selling into the prem expect over the odd for their players, and who can blame them really. Also there's a premium because Watford's best chance of getting to the promised land is with their top scorer playing for them, so to sell him they'll add an insurance premium if you like as need to invest elsewhere in a player that may not deliver.

Comment

Working...
                                X