• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green

Ned...Rio...Caulker

Simpson (rwb).........Yun/Traore (lwb)

Phillips...Barton...Granero

Austin...? (another striker)

That my 352 team with the player's we've currently got. (Bobbys obviously not a starter so I've left him out)
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
      Big lad for sure and quick, he covers the right side quite well, I don't know where else he could play in this new system?
      agreed, I don't see where he fits in to that system otherwise. He's got the work rate for it IMO.

Comment

3-5-2 will be:

--------------Green--------------

------Ned-----Rio-----Caulker----

Simmo---------------------Traore

------------Faurlin---------------

----Barton--------Granero-------

------------Phillips--------------

------------Austin--------------

Comment

Can someone explain to me the formation of three Center backs and two wing backs? Does that mean we have three studs in the middle, and two speedy players on the wings moving up and back between the midfield and the back line?

Comment

I reckon Phillips could make a decent right wing-back. Don't forget in a 352 these guys should be as attacking as they are defensive, so Phillips' defensive weakness is no more of a worry than Danny Simpson's poor attacking.

Phillips would be pretty useless in a no.10 role just behind two strikers, he isn't nearly creative enough. That role is made for you know who. Or even Morrison, Niko, Buzz, that sort of player.

Behind a single striker would make a lot more sense, as he'd have fewer players ahead of him and there would be more onus on him to break in behind himself rather than releasing others to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              Can someone explain to me the formation of three Center backs and two wing backs? Does that mean we have three studs in the middle, and two speedy players on the wings moving up and back between the midfield and the back line?
              More or less, yeah. The two wingbacks have to cover a lot of ground but the outside CBs should both be comfortable moving across to cover when their wingback heads upfield.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

Well how do you think he did at WB today?
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by ZamoraScored View Post
                    Absolutely not. Simmo is our wing-back.
                    Seriously? Good lad, but not good enough offensively.

Comment

Did better than Simpson IMO. And he's only just come back from injury, he will get better.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yep, will be a good player for us this season.
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

phillips and hoilett in wingback positions

i think put ned in drop dunne and play the two wingers in phillips and hoilett as wing backs i agree i didnt go to the match so i really need input in this thread am i right or do you think these guys will struggle in there defensive duties

WHEN I SAW THE TEAM SELECTION I WAS REALLY EXITED ABOUT THE MIDFIELD BUT I DIDNT GO TO THE MATCH SO INPUT GUYS PLEASE SAY WHAT YOU FEEL
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Ted - I was there and I think we would be exposed with these two at the back but Simpson and traore are not the answer either - Isla apparently can fulfil the wing back role - if we can get fer in then that will strengthen the midfield as often we were overrun at times

But ted - trust me, it's not doom and gloom - we are just a couple of players off being decent!

Comment

ok

cheers for input mem its so precous to hear these opions i got so exited when i saw the team i put 40 quid on them to win i would have got 95 pound if we could have won,but thats life i guess
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                                Ted - I was there and I think we would be exposed with these two at the back but Simpson and traore are not the answer either - Isla apparently can fulfil the wing back role - if we can get fer in then that will strengthen the midfield as often we were overrun at times

But ted - trust me, it's not doom and gloom - we are just a couple of players off being decent!
                                So then, we're not 'decent' at the moment, does that mean we're 'indecent'?
                                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X