No announcement yet.

Adel, Harry and a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's had his time here....i think he wants out too. As for no signings in the mf...but we still have 3/4 more signings to try and make

Comment

When Traore signed his new contract, he said he needed to buckle down and get serious as a footballer as he isn't getting any younger. I was hoping Adel might have thought the same thing as I know they are muckers. I guess not.

Comment

I hope Dave is right and we will strengthen attacking midfield area. We've got to create some service for whoever plays up top. Especially if AT goes. This is our weakest department. All the contenders have question marks, Granero, SWP (!), Junior.... too many question marks. Cupboard is bare. So who are we linked with who could do a job?

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        None of our managers could manage Adel
        Colin. Golden days.
        Last edited by hal9thou; 22-07-2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-sign-him.html
          Not we are not the only people to confuse the US with Germany.

Comment

I personally find it incredible that more effort is being made to integrate O'Neil (out of contract, but in Germany) while AT is left behind. The fact is he could end up with us anyway. No dis to Gary but it's crazy.

Comment

Adel, Harry and a problem....

....ship Adel out, problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Adel, Harry and a problem....

....ship Adel out, problem solved
                Can the club do that since he is still under contract?

Comment

Can the club do that since he is still under contract?
                  Send him on loan again or take the first bid from Italy.

Comment

Find it amazing Adel still creates so much discussion. He has flopped the last three seasons with us and Fulham. He half impressed in a poor Italian league for a short spell. With that kind of record it is for him to convince the club he is worth investing more time in. It is now no longer the case he has outgrown the club it is the other way around.

As for creativity that is for me our main failing last season. In theory we should do much better. We have pacy wide players in Hoillett, Phillips, SWP and Traore. Petrasso coming through. In centre we now have Barton, Granero and Faurlin who should be able to string a couple of passes together. Whilst I'm under no illusions we will be world beaters we should have enough about us to create some chances without hankering after someone who has done little but show odd flashes over the last few years. Also I suspect 'Arry will bring in a couple more in middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      An Adel thread by any other name..... Harry can manage anyone. The problem is that Adel, bar the Warnock engineered brief shining moment of 2010- 11, is unmanageable... You've a better chance of putting lipstick on a pig and having it win Ms World...
                      Sorry but this is complete nonsense. You clearly weren't paying much attention under Hughes

Comment

It's hilarious that people say Adel flopped in the PL and don't want him back and yet are happy to mention the likes of Hoillett and SWP as first team players. Adel was far, far better than either of them last time we were in the PL. Do I really have to dig up those stats once again?

Comment

None of our managers could manage Adel. The Moroccan team managers couldn't manage Adel
                          Fulham signed him on loan for the season and then arranged with the club for him to go to Milan. Although he played ok in Milan, they don't seem to want to buy him.

Don't think this is Harry's fault.

By the way does anybody know why he has not gone on the preseason tour.
                          This is the best bit of sense someone has wrote in ages about Adel ,He is a problem will always be a problem ! Doesn't want to be here, best thing H.R. Can do is get rid ASAP think the reason he's not on tour is again unfit ( blowing out of his A##e in the video of pre season training, also I don't believe Harry wants him here either,

Comment

You can dig out whatever stats you want Geng. As with all statistics they only tell part of the story. In the Championship we could get away with indulging Adel by surrounding him with work horses and waiting for his 'moments' to win us games. In the Premiership he didn't cut it to anything like the same degree.

I would agree that likes of SWP and Hoillett don't have the same ability with a football but they have pace and can fit into a system as opposed to a system fitting in around them. There are very few individuals at the highest level who are good enough to build a team and system around and Adel isn't one of them. Not enough pace, set pieces and shooting generally dire and not really a team player. Not to mention that he has flopped and nobody seems to want him save maybe one or teams in a much poorer Italian league!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              This is the best bit of sense
                              How can it be the best bit of sense when it's untrue? One of our managers got brilliant form out of Adel, probably the best individual form anyone has seen at LR since Rodders, his goals and assists from MF got us up to the prem in the first place.

Some people have very short memories. Like I said, any class manager with our squad would be confident in their ability to get the best out of him. Harry is an old journeyman and doesn't have the brains or foresight to foster talent. There have been plenty of flawed players with massive ability. It's down to the quality of the manager and his team to bring that out. I don't think Harry would have been able to manage Stan. Its his job to get the best out of our most gifted player. He will fail again unless TF cracks the whip.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                There are very few individuals at the highest level who are good enough to build a team and system around and Adel isn't one of them.
                                His form in Italy was solid enough. In the EPL the whole side was one chaotic embarrassment from top to bottom. Stats may not tell the whole story but they're a better guide to reality than opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X