No announcement yet.

Latest on fer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I was a player atm the fire sale at Southampton would be sending out the wrong message - they havent just lost 2 oof their best players but 5 with 1 or 2 more allegedly on their way out.
    Wnhy would you want to join a club showing no ambition and looks like the owner is trying to sell all its assets before a general sale of the club. I think atm we are the better prospect and thats with out being bias. In normal circumstance the poitns rangersw12 are making about the training facillities, stadium ect would be very valid but atm I think that goes out of the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
      The reality is unless we offer a lot more money a player is always going to choose a club like Southampton over us
      Again why ? Southampton are where they are coz they don't throw money about willy nilly

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        If I was a player atm the fire sale at Southampton would be sending out the wrong message - they havent just lost 2 oof their best players but 5 with 1 or 2 more allegedly on their way out.
        Wnhy would you want to join a club showing no ambition and looks like the owner is trying to sell all its assets before a general sale of the club. I think atm we are the better prospect and thats with out being bias. In normal circumstance the poitns rangersw12 are making about the training facillities, stadium ect would be very valid but atm I think that goes out of the window.
        What makes us a better prospect bar the fact we will pay more money
        We Are The People.....

Comment

• We don't even know for certain Southampton want him.

The media says so, but that means nothing.

If they are, Koeman would deffo have advantage, but you never know!

Comment

We play in London.

Comment

• Taking my QPR hat off if it were me I'd plump for Southampton. Their sale is due to their success in developing players which would be appealing to me as a player in my twenties. If Koeman really is given funds he is a respected coach who would be building his own side. Southampton may not be London but is in South near the sea, large city and not some Northern wasteland. Nice stadium to play in.

To the outside world we are perennially in turmoil, one of favourites to go down, poor stadium. 'Arry well respected in game but realistically retiring in next year or two which will lead to more turmoil. On plus side we are in London, have wealthy owners and as a half decent twenty something footballer I would expect to get regular first team action.

Comment

.Team spirit (Southampton cant have much of that if all their 1st team are seeing the exit door)
                .Prospect of a new stadium
                .Prospect of a new training ground/facilities
                .Harry Redknapp (despite what people on here think, he is a much respected man in the football world)
                .Tony Fernandes (Comes across as a very likeable guy. Also a well known businessman and IMO would suggest the clubs in good hands)
                .The clubs financially safe

I'm sure there's a good case for Southampton but I think ours is pretty good.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• If it's between us two then I think he's almost certain to sign for Southampton. Purely because their manager is a Dutch legend.

Comment

• If I was a southampton player and still there, I'd be asking if I'm good enough and why no one wants me?

I hope they invest in the squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      .Team spirit (Southampton cant have much of that if all their 1st team are seeing the exit door)
                      .Harry Redknapp (despite what people on here think, he is a much respected man in the football world)
                      .Tony Fernandes (Comes across as a very likeable guy. Also a well known businessman and IMO would suggest the clubs in good hands)

All great points.

We are also very ambitious and I think we are now clearly demonstrating we have learnt from our mistakes. We have just signed two class players, whilst southampton have sold their assets. New stadium and training facilities in the next few years.
                      A year ago Southampton were the better option all day long, they were brilliantly run and had a fantastic team. A year on they are in turmoil, a team that sells 5 of its best players and 1 or two more to go doesnt really send out the message that they have any ambitions what so ever. You would also have to ask what the motive is behing all those sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

Good points but

Stadium and Training facilities are years away ( that's even if they will even be built ) so a player wont care about them as he probably won't be here by the time there ready

Redknapp will retire in a year or 2 and TF could easily sack him if we have a poor start

Club is 170 million + worth of debt a player won't look at that as being financially safe

The only thing going for us is we're in London and pay big wages
                        We Are The People.....

Comment

All great points.

We are also very ambitious and I think we are now clearly demonstrating we have learnt from our mistakes. We have just signed two class players, whilst southampton have sold their assets. New stadium and training facilities in the next few years.
                          A year ago Southampton were the better option all day long, they were brilliantly run and had a fantastic team. A year on they are in turmoil, a team that sells 5 of its best players and 1 or two more to go doesnt really send out the message that they have any ambitions what so ever. You would also have to ask what the motive is behing all those sales.
                          I would imagine the players want to leave as they can play for bigger clubs and the club don't really have much choice other than to sell

The same would happen to us if we managed to get some decent young player together
                          We Are The People.....

Comment

I would imagine the players want to leave as they can play for bigger clubs and the club don't really have much choice other than to sell

The same would happen to us if we managed to get some decent young player together
                            Players do have a lot more of say now I completely agree but at the end of the day they are still employed by the club and losing 1 or 2 is bad bad enough but when you lose 5 , 6 or 7 then thats just bad business and a threat to your football club.
                            A chairman whi has invested interest in a club would never let that happen. It would be like us selling Austin, phillips, remy, caulker, ned, barton in one go because they all said they want to leave. That would screw us massively and tf would never allow all them to go at once.

Comment

Good points but

Stadium and Training facilities are years away ( that's even if they will even be built ) so a player wont care about them as he probably won't be here by the time there ready

Redknapp will retire in a year or 2 and TF could easily sack him if we have a poor start

Club is 170 million + worth of debt a player won't look at that as being financially safe

The only thing going for us is we're in London and pay big wages
                              If I was a player looking to sign for a club, and the club put forward our plans for the future, those plans for me would show the club had a hell of a lot of ambition, something most/all player's would want their club to have.... as for HR leaving in 2 years, for 'some' the chance to work with him for 2 years would probably be a selling point.... and like you said we're a London club paying good wages, so another selling point.

I don't know the ins and outs of Southampton so I don't know what that club could offer but like I said as far as qpr go, we have a good reasons to join us.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Players do have a lot more of say now I completely agree but at the end of the day they are still employed by the club and losing 1 or 2 is bad bad enough but when you lose 5 , 6 or 7 then thats just bad business and a threat to your football club.
                                A chairman whi has invested interest in a club would never let that happen. It would be like us selling Austin, phillips, remy, caulker, ned, barton in one go because they all said they want to leave. That would screw us massively and tf would never allow all them to go at once.
                                Yes they would if all of those wanted to leave then we would sell them as nobody keeps unhappy players

It's not fair but that's what modern football is like

clubs like us , Southampton etc are stepping stones for players to bigger clubs
                                We Are The People.....

Comment

Working...
                                X