• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May as well use him?
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
      When he does get picked doesn't impress. One trick pony & his trick has been found out. I can understand your point if you were talking about almost any other profession but SWP must be so comfortably off & would hopefully like too actually play the game that he is making a fortune out of? Maybe he realises he ain't as good as his contract would suggest & would rather just pick up the readies. A drain on our resources & waste of a squad place IMHO, however like you said he isn't the one who offered the contract, therein lies the problem.
      Disagree. I think he's done fine under Redknapp when he's played him and have been baffled on occasions when he's been left out.

Im sure there are people on here bemoaning SWP for playing badly, yet used to ar5e kiss Mackie religiously becasue he ran a lot, and chose to completely ignore the fact he was pony and missed so many sitters in his last season it was beyond embarrassing. When he wasnt missing sitters he would be trying to beat too many players, and lose the ball normally by just running into people or off the field.

SWP doesnt make a fuss or casue any embarrasment for the club he just trains and makes himself available for selection. It's not his fault he was initially given the contract, and isnt being picked, so suggest some people get a reality check as many might consider this how a proper professional should behave.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        Disagree. I think he's done fine under Redknapp when he's played him and have been baffled on occasions when he's been left out.

Im sure there are people on here bemoaning SWP for playing badly, yet used to ar5e kiss Mackie religiously becasue he ran a lot, and chose to completely ignore the fact he was pony and missed so many sitters in his last season it was beyond embarrassing. When he wasnt missing sitters he would be trying to beat too many players, and lose the ball normally by just running into people or off the field.

SWP doesnt make a fuss or casue any embarrasment for the club he just trains and makes himself available for selection. It's not his fault he was initially given the contract, and isnt being picked, so suggest some people get a reality check as many might consider this how a proper professional should behave.
        Agree re Mackie but apart from score v the scum haven't seen much from SWP that's warranted him getting a start or even a place on the bench. More annoyed with the club for paying ott wages for average players.

Comment

in all fairness its not swp,s fault as some have said.my only gripe with him is he is a wealthy man off a name and average ability at this level.surely he is comfortable enough to take a hit and get game time elsewhere?

Comment

blokes a right t wat. At least mackie scored more than 1 goal for us.

Comment

I think all players should be given a chance, you just never know?

Comment

I think many people on this site have been much too harsh on Jamie Mackie and SWP. Both have always given 100% when called upon and deserve our respect for that.

I can't blame SWP for accepting a lucrative contract!
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  Who wouldn't want a job doing **** all for 50 bags a week???
                  For you and me yes we would want that job, but if I was a professional footballer and was absolutely minted and I probably had everything I could ever want then the answer would be No!!... I'd like to think I had some dignity and a bit of self respect and would actually work for a living.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Spot on ... get peed off with everyone slagging him off.

And another poster claimed that his performances were poor - what performances ... he never/rarely gets a bloody chance.

Worse players were getting picked over him in which imo was wrong and made no sense ...

Give him a decent run in the side and then judge him

He has become a whipping boy ... players currently playing have put in far worse performances but they are easily forgiven ..

SWP is just constantly slagged off - give him a break ffs...
                    s a

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      Who wouldn't want a job doing **** all for 50 bags a week???
                      And he isn't risking suffering an injury either, it's easy money!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        For you and me yes we would want that job, but if I was a professional footballer and was absolutely minted and I probably had everything I could ever want then the answer would be No!!... I'd like to think I had some dignity and a bit of self respect and would actually work for a living.
                        I don't know what you do for a living but if someone offered you the same job at a better company at 5-6 times your current salary when you are 2-3 years from retiring would you not take it even though you know your work is never going to make an impact?

I cannot blame the lad who gives it his all (even if he is sh1te) and takes the salary he was offered.

Comment

still think a usefull,last 15mins impact sub is in there somewhere!...........if he never plays again he gave us a winner at the bridge of si's!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
                            I don't know what you do for a living but if someone offered you the same job at a better company at 5-6 times your current salary when you are 2-3 years from retiring would you not take it even though you know your work is never going to make an impact?

I cannot blame the lad who gives it his all (even if he is sh1te) and takes the salary he was offered.
                            I never understand it when people compare us average joe's jobs to footballers.

Your analogy is bang on if you're talking about a £60k a year salary job, but when we are talking £60k a WEEK it's a different kettle of fish entirely.

The bloke is sitting on millions & millions of pounds, will ever need to work a day again in his life, he can go elsewhere, get say half his current money (let's get this straight, we would still be talking about £25 or £30 THOUSAND POUNDS PER WEEK!) and actually play some football. Instead he os happy to sit on his ar$e. No sympathy from me (not that he gives a fark I'm sure ).
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              I never understand it when people compare us average joe's jobs to footballers.

Your analogy is bang on if you're talking about a £60k a year salary job, but when we are talking £60k a WEEK it's a different kettle of fish entirely.

The bloke is sitting on millions & millions of pounds, will ever need to work a day again in his life, he can go elsewhere, get say half his current money (let's get this straight, we would still be talking about £25 or £30 THOUSAND POUNDS PER WEEK!) and actually play some football. Instead he os happy to sit on his ar$e. No sympathy from me (not that he gives a fark I'm sure ).

how on earth will he manage on £25 k a week?

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post

how on earth will he manage on £25 k a week?
                                My point exactly. Blokes a t0.sser.
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X