Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Found it quite shocking to see in the papers that harry redknapp is second favourite to be the first prem manager sacked.
    We have previous tbf...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      I've said all along we need a lot more players. I'm all for TF being strict with regards to wages but he's deluded if he thinks his 2-3 players that he recently said is enough. We're massively short! Centre backs wise we're fine and left wing back I'd be content with if no one else come in. I still feel we need someone to cover Simpson, Jenkinson from Arsenal is screaming out to be done for a season long loan, now they've signed Chambers. Also a defensive midfielder (Fer), a goalscoring centre mid (In another thread a said De Guzman or Tim Cahill plus a few more), a number 10 (Valbuena would be a dream) and two strikers, someone with a bit of pace about them would be nice! (Joel Campbell on loan from Arsenal? Deeney looks to be number one target, so him as well).

The above ties in with Harry's comments saying he wants 6 in and I feel them positions are what's needed. If we can add quality in the above areas then I feel we're well on our way to 10-14th finish.
      spot on matty the club needs some serious investment and we nee dthose 6 players to make us competitive. Been saying it for ages like yourself but get shot down as people think we have the depth and dont want to forget last years togetherness. Fact is we are massively short pn players and quality. I personally always thought this summer was a big rebuild but one if we get right will benefit long term.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        spot on matty the club needs some serious investment and we nee dthose 6 players to make us competitive. Been saying it for ages like yourself but get shot down as people think we have the depth and dont want to forget last years togetherness. Fact is we are massively short pn players and quality. I personally always thought this summer was a big rebuild but one if we get right will benefit long term.
        Exactly. I'm not sure what TF expects? We had a massive number of loans last season so we were always going to be short this season. I appreciate he made a mess in the past by trusting other people etc but we can still do decent business on a budget.

As you say, a big job in this window would set us right for the next few years, when we'd only need to improve in certain areas as we'd have a strong squad, something we're severely lacking right now. Granted we've got numbers now, but a lot don't have the quality needed at this level and a big number of them are kids, who need to be sent out on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          I've said all along we need a lot more players. I'm all for TF being strict with regards to wages but he's deluded if he thinks his 2-3 players that he recently said is enough. We're massively short! Centre backs wise we're fine and left wing back I'd be content with if no one else come in. I still feel we need someone to cover Simpson, Jenkinson from Arsenal is screaming out to be done for a season long loan, now they've signed Chambers. Also a defensive midfielder (Fer), a goalscoring centre mid (In another thread a said De Guzman or Tim Cahill plus a few more), a number 10 (Valbuena would be a dream) and two strikers, someone with a bit of pace about them would be nice! (Joel Campbell on loan from Arsenal? Deeney looks to be number one target, so him as well).

The above ties in with Harry's comments saying he wants 6 in and I feel them positions are what's needed. If we can add quality in the above areas then I feel we're well on our way to 10-14th finish.
          Good post Matty, Fernandes should just stay silent trouble is I think he actually believes our problems last time were too many changes not that we signed the wrong players. Stay as we are and we are bang in trouble and back to square one.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            I understand a bit of Spanish but am not fluent. Essence of it is that Sociedad can only afford about 3 million Euros (which I would not think is even worth thinking about). We want 5.5 and I can't see us budging on that. Granero has said that he would be interested in returning to Spain, but also think he would not mind staying here.

Don't forget that he is not long back from injury which could be why he did not play today. After all it is not like he was not picked at all. He was on the subs bench.
            Think his latest tweet confirms my belief the deal is done or very near. Do not believe we would let him go unless we had a replacement in place so guessing either Fer or Velbeuna is closer than people think.

Comment

Any danger

Comment

Got a funny feeling we have signed someone. Im not ITK but Taylor has just tweeted a pic of the QPR ground this evening saying 'beaut day at Loftus Rd'

Now were playing tonight and he is not at the game when he tends not to miss them plus what is he doing at the ground at 830 in the evening

Could it be or am I putting two and two together and getting five my prediction is we get an announcement of a player sometime tomorrow

Comment

Really hope that's true West, really getting concerned that Fernandes has gone from one extreme to other and fact is good players are not only in demand but also cost decent money.
                  Last edited by rickyranger; 30-07-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Got a funny feeling we have signed someone. Im not ITK but Taylor has just tweeted a pic of the QPR ground this evening saying 'beaut day at Loftus Rd'

Now were playing tonight and he is not at the game when he tends not to miss them plus what is he doing at the ground at 830 in the evening

Could it be or am I putting two and two together and getting five my prediction is we get an announcement of a player sometime tomorrow
                    Hope your right. Would have thought he would have been at the game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

what is he doing at the ground at 830 in the evening
                      To coincide with no transfers, Tony's cost cutting measures have also resulted in him laying off the groundsman. Pitch responsibility now falls under Ian Taylor and he's just finished cutting the grass with his Flymo....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                        To coincide with no transfers, Tony's cost cutting measures have also resulted in him laying off the groundsman. Pitch responsibility now falls under Ian Taylor and he's just finished cutting the grass with his Flymo....
                        Are you morphing into kevin mcleod ?

Comment

Off on another tour when harry could be getting stuck in to any possible transfers (i know beard mainly deals with it but wouldn't you rather harry being involved as well?)

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                            Off on another tour when harry could be getting stuck in to any possible transfers (i know beard mainly deals with it but wouldn't you rather harry being involved as well?)
                            Ruben's dealing with them this week.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Are you morphing into kevin mcleod ?

Comment

Would add another player to the list as seems we are interested in Steven Defour, good player and certainly as good as Fer. It was thought he was going to PSV but seems we are interested, seems he is defiantly leaving his current club so will have to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X