No announcement yet.

Any Harlesden QPR Fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many moons ago we went to Harlesden for a boom town rats concert at the Coliseum . Going back to my Capri all 4 tyres slashed ! No go area for me !

Comment

I know a few middle class up and coming types who have moved there. It's definitely on the up, but maybe just the fringes for now. I used to think it was an absolute shithole and avoided it like the plague, not least cos it's a traffic nightmare. I still very rarely go there, even though it's only a couple of miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        it's a traffic nightmare. .
        always was a traffic black hole, everything sucked in. I think some places are just like that: Clerkenwell Road between Old Street and Farringdon road, Kilburn High Road (various bits of), Mortimer Street approaching the junction of Tottenham Court Road, Dalston Junction, Edgware Road heading North just after Marble Arch. I've seen heavy traffic in more than one of these locations in the early hours. I was a Mercury Courier back in the day when you could make good money on the bike, but even on a scrambler you knew where to avoid......

Comment

Haha, traffic black hole is a perfect description

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            always was a traffic black hole, everything sucked in. I think some places are just like that: Clerkenwell Road between Old Street and Farringdon road, Kilburn High Road (various bits of), Mortimer Street approaching the junction of Tottenham Court Road, Dalston Junction, Edgware Road heading North just after Marble Arch. I've seen heavy traffic in more than one of these locations in the early hours. I was a Mercury Courier back in the day when you could make good money on the bike, but even on a scrambler you knew where to avoid......
            Ha, I dispatched in the 80s, mad job! Certain places are almost permanent snarls. Brixton, Camberwell, Harlesden, Shaftesbury Ave, TCR like you say and Edgware Rd down to Marble Arch... just imagine what it will be like if they go ahead with bloody HS2 - and they close a lane either side of the Euston Road... insane. London will be permanent gridlock.

Comment

Working...
            X