Any Harlesden QPR Fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    You say that, but Harlesden is a prime target for gentrification these days, and believe me, it's well under way. The tide of middle classes who couldn't afford Notting Hill, then Queens Park, then Kensal Rise and Green has now moved to Willseden and Harlesden.
    Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
      I mistakenly ended up there one summers day around 1993 whilst looking for a shop
      that sold plumbing fittings. It was the nearest thing I'd seen to the ghettos they used to portray in the weekly episodes of Starskey and Hutch I watched as a nipper. I couldn't wait to get the fu€k out of there and was relieved thinking I'd never have to go back there again.
      I joined the fire brigade a year later and on the last day at basic training they dished out everyone's postings. I was hoping for Ealing or Kensington as I'd heard they were snatch central on a weekend night and girls often ended up
      back at the station. My posting, Park Royal, whose ground covered Harlesden and the Stonebridge and Church end estates.
      Not one of my happier days.
      We used to use a couple of Brickies that were also Firemen at Ealing FS ...............
      You did miss out on some snatch I'm a fraid
      ;-)
      "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
      For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
        We used to use a couple of Brickies that were also Firemen at Ealing FS ...............
        You did miss out on some snatch I'm a fraid
        ;-)
        Mate, my first night shift involved weeding the flower beds at the front of the station as my watch had entered the LFB gardening competition. When they saw I wasn't impressed they asked me if I was into fishing as there was a rod lying around somewhere and I could fish the canal which ran past the back of the station.
        I was convinced it was one massive wind up but it wasn't. Imagine how I felt hearing about the lads at Ealing driving the engine down to the Broadway as the clubs were chucking out and taking crumpet back to the station so they could have a go at "sliding down the pole" . I was suicidal.
        We did get a ton of biscuits delivered to the station at Christmas though, on account of there being a mcvities factory at the end of the road. As they say, every cloud has a silver lining .............
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Mate, my first night shift involved weeding the flower beds at the front of the station as my watch had entered the LFB gardening competition. When they saw I wasn't impressed they asked me if I was into fishing as there was a rod lying around somewhere and I could fish the canal which ran past the back of the station.
          I was convinced it was one massive wind up but it wasn't. Imagine how I felt hearing about the lads at Ealing driving the engine down to the Broadway as the clubs were chucking out and taking crumpet back to the station so they could have a go at "sliding down the pole" . I was suicidal.
          We did get a ton of biscuits delivered to the station at Christmas though, on account of there being a mcvities factory at the end of the road. As they say, every cloud has a silver lining .............
          A m8 of mine worked in PR station around the same time as you, a few of them also did a bit of door work on the side.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
            A m8 of mine worked in PR station around the same time as you, a few of them also did a bit of door work on the side.
            Small world indeed. His surname wasn't Hardy was it Fraggy ?
            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Adel View Post
              a geezer literally got shot dead in harlesden this week with an uzi... I wouldnt go buying a house round there just yet
              Yeh, that was shocking. Though you get nutters in Kingsbury also. There was a knife wielding maniac a few years back at a Butchers shop I seem to recall. Really want Harlesden to improve. So many QPR fans around that NW10 area, it's great.

Comment

I was born at tyhe Central Middlsex and spent many years living in Roundwood Rd in Harlesden and it was rough back then in the 60s and 70s and seems to get worse every year

Comment

Small world indeed. His surname wasn't Hardy was it Fraggy ?
                  It was Cleghorn.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

It was Cleghorn.
                    Great name!

Comment

It was Cleghorn.
                      Can't say I remember that name. The fella I mentioned was your typical knuckle dragging scum fan who did the occasional door work at a club over in Cheam. He used to take himself off to bed at about 9.30 when we were on nights the anti social. cant, so one night we decided to wake him up by sliding some fireworks propped up in a bucket of sand into his room.
                      Unfortunately the bucket fell over in the process and one of the fireworks set light to his sleeping bag.
                      I'll never forget the look on his face as he had me pinned up against the wall by the throat, snarling like a pitbull.
                      Will Danaher

Comment

That made me seriously laugh out loud Itso!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          That made me seriously laugh out loud Itso!
                          One of many unfortunate things that happened to him Hubs. He brought it on himself of course, being a Chelsea fan.
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Stonebridge has improved a lot I hear. Someone told me when the high rise buildings in Stonebridge were around it was the worst place for gun grime in the whole of the U.K.!

However, now the blocks have been taken down and made in houses, things are improving.

Still terrible to hear about that 15year old pupil at Capital City Academy get stabbed. Crazy to think kids that young are in gangs and I heard there are security magnetic devices at that school also

Comment

dear oh dear harlsden was really tough a virtal no go
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

I'm living there now, been in the area since last summer. Has to be the roughest place in London. People are saying it's "improved" I can't imagine what it was like before!

My Dad was really confused as to why I was moving there. Have to say, apart from being harassed by a crack head in Tesco, the riot on the street next to mine, the dodgy alley that runs behind my house that I have to walk down everyday where the drug dealers ply their trade, the crappy pot-hole ridden roads, everything about Church End and the gypsy's that live downstairs, it's actually kind of fun.

The weekend I moved in Portugal won the Euro's and there was celebrations in the street like I've never seen before. People did a conga-line through a bus and chased away a police car!

All that aside, it's the closest I've lived to QPR since I was tiny child and it's been really easy to get to games. I've even walked it a few times.

I'm leaving the area next month, moving in with the GF. Needless to say she doesn't want to move to the area. I guess it was my last few months of "freedom". It's been a fun and memorable time, but I need to move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X