No announcement yet.

Any Harlesden QPR Fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too be honest its always been a khazi....reminds me of up north down south!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

sometimes have a drink in the Centro Galliego bar next to the old College Park which is quite decent [was in there when one of the brothers got murdered outside about 5 year ago ,apart from that is alright round there
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Lived there 08/09... West Indian community is very welcoming (as long as you aren't Somali)
        Never felt a threat as they tend to look out for those that live in the community
        Roundwood park is blinding... Had many a good game of cricket over there...

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
          i like that hoves.....of course by 'shooters' we'd me strikers like charlie,sir les, furs,clive allen,stan n rodney as such!
          of course. with a Bobby Zamora tiki bar for the adventurous ones

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
            Lived there 08/09... West Indian community is very welcoming (as long as you aren't Somali)
            Never felt a threat as they tend to look out for those that live in the community
            Roundwood park is blinding... Had many a good game of cricket over there...
            Do they still hold The Irish Festival there every year?
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              Do they still hold The Irish Festival there every year?
              Now THAT sounds quality.

Comment

Blimey, had no idea Louis Theroux lived in Harlesden: @4:35mins http://youtu.be/gAmD1PDobCg

Comment

Originally posted by hipsterhoop View Post
                  Lol, it is ironic how a part of Kilburn is called Shooters Hill.
                  It's actually called "Shoot Up Hill". Shooters Hill is in South East London.

Comment

ive not heard that the new stadium is going to be in harlsden i can see this is a re invented thread but is there a chance then that the stadium can be still put on the new park near car giant but not specifically,on there territoritory
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                      I was raised (or dragged up) in Harlesden & Stonebridge; when I was last there (many moons ago) they painted the barriers around Jubilee clock burgundy with gold accents & claimed to recall the area 'Paradise'
                      they forgot to mention its only paradise when you move out.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

Never felt a threat
                        We did a couple of refurbishments just off the clock tower in the mid 90's & for some reason the 'yout' liked to stand in the middle of the pavement or try & jump the queue in the sandwich bars & paper shops .......... they didn't like being told to learn some manners by 6 or 7 hungry builders !
                        We had so many 'discussions' we ended up walking down there with our nail bags still on so a 20oz Estwing was close by.

Don't get me started on the dealing in broad daylight just off the high street ...........
                        "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                        For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

a geezer literally got shot dead in harlesden this week with an uzi... I wouldnt go buying a house round there just yet

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                            We did a couple of refurbishments just off the clock tower in the mid 90's & for some reason the 'yout' liked to stand in the middle of the pavement or try & jump the queue in the sandwich bars & paper shops .......... they didn't like being told to learn some manners by 6 or 7 hungry builders !
                            We had so many 'discussions' we ended up walking down there with our nail bags still on so a 20oz Estwing was close by.

Don't get me started on the dealing in broad daylight just off the high street ...........
                            As I said you weren't living there thus the 'outsider' treatment. Some rediculous behaviour from the locals at times. Saying that nothing is worse than when the fun fair brigade turned up at roundwood park.

Comment

Originally posted by Adel View Post
                              a geezer literally got shot dead in harlesden this week with an uzi... I wouldnt go buying a house round there just yet
                              You say that, but Harlesden is a prime target for gentrification these days, and believe me, it's well under way. The tide of middle classes who couldn't afford Notting Hill, then Queens Park, then Kensal Rise and Green has now moved to Willseden and Harlesden.

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post

I mistakenly ended up there one summers day around 1993 whilst looking for a shop that sold plumbing fittings. It was the nearest thing I'd seen to the ghettos they used to portray in the weekly episodes of Starskey and Hutch I watched as a nipper. I couldn't wait to get the fu€k out of there and was relieved thinking I'd never have to go back there again.
                                I joined the fire brigade a year later and on the last day at basic training they dished out everyone's postings. I was hoping for Ealing or Kensington as I'd heard they were snatch central on a weekend night and girls often ended up
                                back at the station. My posting, Park Royal, whose ground covered Harlesden and the Stonebridge and Church end estates.
                                Not one of my happier days.
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X