Any Harlesden QPR Fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Harlesden QPR Fans here?

Hi, just wondering if there were any here?

New Stadium, new life?

I understand Harlesden has had a torrid history over the years, with murder rates and shootings going through the roof. But have heard it is improving.Is this the case? Plus, with the new Stadium to be built in the vicinity of Harlesden, surely this is great for the area?

I see there is a regeneration of the Harlesden High Street to get traffic moving. Has anyone seen any improvements? Also, I hear the notorious Stonebridge Estate had its high rise buildings scrapped in 2010 to be replaced by low lying housings, so it is easier for Police to track any youngsters who may have "other" ideas of fun. Plus Church Road Estate in Harlesden is being improved also. Surely this place can rise to its feet again?

Where the new stadium is going to be, is classed as Kensal Green not Harlesden. Harlesden though has gone from probably the roughest area in west London to probably the most improved.

Comment

twinned with adis ababa.....though they wernt too pleased in ababa!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post
        Where the new stadium is going to be, is classed as Kensal Green not Harlesden. Harlesden though has gone from probably the roughest area in west London to probably the most improved.
        OOC feels closer to Harlesden though. Across the scrubs, over the tracks and there it is beside the canal.

Irony is that closest retailer = Cargiant.......

Comment

me being the opportunatist magnifique been putting some early groundwork in as to opening a bar/cafe/fans hub in the vacinity!.......was even looking at a qpr themed 'hooters' style gaff!

Comment

Harlesden will easily be the closest main drinking area. Never liked that walk from Church Road to Willesden jct down that alley. Just something in the air round that way .. Volatility, Anger.. Bit like my house at the mo..

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
              me being the opportunatist magnifique been putting some early groundwork in as to opening a bar/cafe/fans hub in the vacinity!.......was even looking at a qpr themed 'hooters' style gaff!
              Richie Rich! Weare was right about you being a billionaire.

Comment

Seriously is a good idea Facto!!! With the rail link, Rangers moving in and the housing stock being of Notting Hill quality lots of premises around Tubbs Lane and Craven Park..Business opportunity !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
                  Seriously is a good idea Facto!!! With the rail link, Rangers moving in and the housing stock being of Notting Hill quality lots of premises around Tubbs Lane and Craven Park..Business opportunity !!
                  If he does it i will hacksaw both my legs off from the thighs on the day it opens pitch
                  Stop pandering to the loon please.

Comment

With it being in harlesden, maybe it should be 'shooters'

Comment

Got a friend who is going to send his kids to John Keeble C of E in Harlesden. Is it a good Primary? Good Teachers/Facilities/Happy kids? Great to hear the school likes their footy as someone mentioned they were Brent school Champions in the one year with Paul Merson in the team,lol. Hope the school has some affiliation with QPR n'all!lol.
                      Last edited by hipsterhoop; 22-06-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        Lol, it is ironic how a part of Kilburn is called Shooters Hill. Hopefully there will be a Community improvement to the area, much like in Wembley with the Chalkhill estate which has improved a lot thanks to the high rise buildings being taken down for low lying housing. Plus, a great refurbishment for the Community park there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          i like that hoves.....of course by 'shooters' we'd me strikers like charlie,sir les, furs,clive allen,stan n rodney as such!

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
                            looking at the shanty shops jut up from the site on the main drag!

Comment

I was raised (or dragged up) in Harlesden & Stonebridge; when I was last there (many moons ago) they painted the barriers around Jubilee clock burgundy with gold accents & claimed to recall the area 'Paradise'
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X