Lampard, Joe Cole, Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lampard, Joe Cole, Ferdinand

Anyone got a strong feeling we might see at least two of these three in QPR shirts next season? I can already see 'Arry leaning out of his car window:

'They're top pros. Frank's been there and done everything, top, top player, triffic attitude, triffic person'.

Although these three were brilliant players in their prime, I can't help feeling a bit worried that we'd be repeating the mistakes of last season - big name players, probably commanding very high wages.

We need to be very careful in the transfer market and I'm really hoping Tony's learned his lessons from Mark Lose's catastrophic spending spree. I think the likes of Palace have shown that investment in young talent can pay dividends. I'd like to see us go for some of the stars of the Championship who have got something to prove at the top level. McCormack from Leeds, Aaron Hughes from Derby (although I reckon a few big clubs might show interest in him), Deeney from Watford etc. Let's develop a core of young talent. We need to get the wage structure right this time as well. After the mess of the 2012/13 campaign we've finally managed to develop a strong team spirit, and we don't want to risk disrupting that.

It'll also be interesting to see which of the ''Arry's mates' brigade stay on. I'm talking about Benayoun, Henry, O'Neil, Hughes, Kranjcar, Jenas, SWP, Lord Zamora. And of course you've got Clint Hill, who's a club legend but perhaps a little too old now for regular Premiership football. 'Arry will feel that he owes a few of these a contract for their contribution to promotion, but, I'd probably let the majority go if possible, perhaps keeping Hill and Zamora on as back-up players.

Christ. Transfer window isnt even close to opening yet and youre already panicking because we have been linked with a couple of old guys.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I´m still over the moon. Please, don´t bring me down just yet.....
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
        Anyone got a strong feeling we might see at least two of these three in QPR shirts next season? I can already see 'Arry leaning out of his car window:

'They're top pros. Frank's been there and done everything, top, top player, triffic attitude, triffic person'.

Although these three were brilliant players in their prime, I can't help feeling a bit worried that we'd be repeating the mistakes of last season - big name players, probably commanding very high wages.

We need to be very careful in the transfer market and I'm really hoping Tony's learned his lessons from Mark Lose's catastrophic spending spree. I think the likes of Palace have shown that investment in young talent can pay dividends. I'd like to see us go for some of the stars of the Championship who have got something to prove at the top level. McCormack from Leeds, Aaron Hughes from Derby (although I reckon a few big clubs might show interest in him), Deeney from Watford etc. Let's develop a core of young talent. We need to get the wage structure right this time as well. After the mess of the 2012/13 campaign we've finally managed to develop a strong team spirit, and we don't want to risk disrupting that.

It'll also be interesting to see which of the ''Arry's mates' brigade stay on. I'm talking about Benayoun, Henry, O'Neil, Hughes, Kranjcar, Jenas, SWP, Lord Zamora. And of course you've got Clint Hill, who's a club legend but perhaps a little too old now for regular Premiership football. 'Arry will feel that he owes a few of these a contract for their contribution to promotion, but, I'd probably let the majority go if possible, perhaps keeping Hill and Zamora on as back-up players.
        Glad to see to were taking notice during your year in the championship, It's Will Hughes!

Comment

Don't want anyone of them. Simple.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I don't want any of them. All well past their best and all likely to be expensive.

The first area we need to focus on is defence. We need a LB, 2 CBs and a RB. IMO, the only defensive survivors are likely to be Yun, Simpson and Ned. I can't see Hill or Dunne getting much game time next season.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Imagine the wages Rio and Lampard will command. All 10 years too old. Stay well clear.

Comment

Hopefully TF will put a block on any silly deals we surely must have learned lessons from before

Comment

difficult to see what any of them will bring to the team...

joe cole certainly wouldn't seem like an improvement on any of our existing squad in terms of wing players (not even sure that he'd represent that much of a step up from swp, who has hardly managed to feature this year)
                  we already have 2 aging but massively experienced central defenders (assuming hill sticks around - and he should for the leadership qualities he brings), we don't need a third one in ferdinand.
                  f*ank is not going to be a regular player and with a fit faurlin and/or a returning granero to partner barton (assuming he stays) with henry/o'neil as back up, it's not really the area that we need to concentrate on (other than finding a longer-term successor).

we need to concentrate on:

a first choice left back (whilst yun develops)
                  at least one young-ish centre back
                  a second choice right back
                  a creative central midfielder
                  a partner for austin

mostly we need to reduce the average age of the squad rather than constantly bringing in players towards the twilight of their careers, so that there's some long term continuity on the playing side of things.

Comment

We aren't going to give 80k upwards to anyone this season, not a chance. So if we can get your lampards and rios on cut price deals then do it, if not, see ya

Comment

Working...
                    X