No announcement yet.

Skapetis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are people actually saying give this lad a chance.. no one realistically knows nothing about him, his 18, hasn't performed in the EDS unlike like petrasso and Hitchcock.

Comment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/team/under21s/under21-profiles/

Skapetis is the bottom profile, so for people saying what has he done he has done everything asked of him so far. Top scorer for under 18s then went to EDS(U21s whatever you want to call them) and as it says was averaging a goal a game. Now I understand people saying we don't know what he would have been like because like all youth players they are just potential, one could be the next Messi and the other a Conference level player. But I do think it is poor when someone like Skapetis is doing a good job coming up through our youth system and then rather than letting him sit on the first team bench with the possibilty of some playing time, we are giving that playing time to a Man Utd youth prospect.

So all I would say to people saying we are just moaning surely the point of youth teams is to bring these young lads up level by level, filtering out the ones we dont think can cut it, and the next step for Skapetis was either a loan out to a league 1/2 club or a few sub appearances. Otherwise we had might as well just save our money on the u18 and u21s.

Comment

I read earlier that qpr had already told him they were not going to give him a new contract, so he had to find another club....so our youth coaches decided after having a long
        look at him, that he wasn't good enough......maybe he's not, maybe he is....these decisions are made every day in football at all clubs......maybe we could trust our coaches a bit more.
        if they don't consider him good enough for a new contract, he's not likely to get on the subs bench for the first team......gallen is the manager, im guessing he is better placed then any of us
        to decide

Comment

I would have liked to see him given a few games instead of Keane. he certainly couldnt have done less, but might instead have shown everyone if he is good enough
          I have often thought young reserve players should get a game or two in the 1st team before being released in case they turn out to be good.
          I recall watching the reserves in the 80s and thinking Impey looked a poor player,but said he should be judged after a few 1st team games. and he turned out to be a good player.

Comment

• Top scorer for under 18s
            • Averaging a goal per game for the EDS
            • 11 goals in eight appearances for Australia’s Under-20 and Under-23 sides.

...and yet we're getting of rid of him.

This completely contradicts Fernandes' clearly stated aims for our club WRT youth development policy.

Comment

Gone to make way for Dellatorre ?

It's possible with Hitchcock, Shariff, Pattie, Petrasso, Andrade, Sutherland & Balanta (!) on the books, it was decided that he was surplus to requirement and less likely to make it than those mentioned. Although, I can see a few of those leaving in the Summer too.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                Is he still alive?
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Stoke wanted Petrasso and Gallen was concerned we would lose him. He's said nothing about letting Skapetis go so far. Would be interesting to hear his view on it.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

It's possible with Hitchcock, Shariff, Pattie, Petrasso, Andrade, Sutherland & Balanta (!) on the books, it was decided that he was surplus to requirement and less likely to make it than those mentioned. Although, I can see a few of those leaving in the Summer too.

Lol forgot all about him . What an utterly brilliant loan signing that was

Comment

Our record for bringing youngsters through to the first team is beyond a joke, scandalous, when you think of Southampton
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

An established premiership club comes in for a player and he wants to go and goes but its all the manager, chairman and clubs fault. No other clubs sell players to clubs in divisions above them do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          Lol forgot all about him . What an utterly brilliant loan signing that was
                          Dellatorre was an amazing scoop!!!!!!!
                          I am still trying to figure out why. Perhaps it was with a view to making him a season longh loan for next season and Redknapp wanted to see how he trains. Other than that, I cannot think of a single footballing reason why the *%&# he is on loan to QPR.

The talk from the club is on developing youth players, gettinginto the FA Premier Youth set up and building this new state of the art training complex for this purpose, yet they gat a few possibly talented youngsters and do what with them? loan them out, let them carry on in the EDS set up and then release them onto bigger and better clubs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevin Mcleod;1251764]An established premiership club comes in for a player and he wants to go and goes but its all the manager, chairman and clubs fault. No other clubs sell players to clubs in divisions above them do they?[/QUOTE]

Fair point maybe, but they didn't sell Skapetis, he was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              An established premiership club comes in for a player and he wants to go and goes but its all the manager, chairman and clubs fault. No other clubs sell players to clubs in divisions above them do they?
                              Think it's more a gripe that these players are being snapped up by established PL clubs, thus showing they are talented lads, yet we've never given them a minutes game time. Instead we play a load of old has beens.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Think it's more a gripe that these players are being snapped up by established PL clubs, thus showing they are talented lads, yet we've never given them a minutes game time. Instead we play a load of old has beens.
                                not forgetting a young striker from Man Utd who has failed to score a single goal during loan spells at Wigan and QPR (2 sides who will be in the play-offs not some poor relegation strugglers).

Comment

Working...
                                X