The Libertines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Libertines

Loosely QPR related, The great Libertines are rumoured to be reforming for a one off gig at Hyde Park on July 5th, any Rangers fan with any sort of music taste must be in attendance. See you there ;)
    From the Hills of Kerry
    To the streets of Free Derry

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-a...ource=vicefbuk

Comment

On a related music subject, Glen Matlock the original bass player of The *** Pistols played a show in our town about a month ago and did a radio interview! During the interview they were talking about a Hawkwind concert, it was free and in a park in London, Hyde Park? Matlock said it was the same day as QPR vs Spurs which he had tickets for and was a huge match, he was able to go to the free Hawkwind concert and the match! My questions for anyone old enough to remember and young enough to still have a memory, was this maybe the FA Cup match with spuds and is he QPR? That would be awesome if anyone knows this because I couldn't go to the show to ask him myself!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
        Loosely QPR related, The great Libertines are rumoured to be reforming for a one off gig at Hyde Park on July 5th, any Rangers fan with any sort of music taste must be in attendance. See you there ;)

I'm in.

Comment

Matlock IS QPR - Confirmed. Regular attendee.

See Avitar. Alongside another Legend.

Comment

Class act the libertines . Would be a great gig

Comment

I thought so! OK, cheers, I never actually noticed your avatar, very cool!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

1976 and Greg, support a proper football team and good music taste, good lads
                From the Hills of Kerry

Comment

Didn't know Glen Matlock was R's......my lad knows his lad very well, both in bands on "the circuit". my lad has met Glen a few times -----not sure he knew he was an R either! Playing Camden Rocks soon....

Comment

He's not been much recently as he's been on tour in US & Canada with Sylvain Sylvain (New York Dolls).
                    Met him at a Rotten Hill Gang show a year or so back. Glen's Facebook page offers a few clues too.
                    First met Jonesy on that fateful day at Coventry mid 90's. Last time I spoke to him, he'd only missed Brighton at Home this season.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                      He's not been much recently as he's been on tour in US & Canada with Sylvain Sylvain (New York Dolls).
                      Met him at a Rotten Hill Gang show a year or so back. Glen's Facebook page offers a few clues too.
                      First met Jonesy on that fateful day at Coventry mid 90's. Last time I spoke to him, he'd only missed Brighton at Home this season.
                      That's the tour that came through my city (Hamilton Ontario), I wish I could have checked it out!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Would prefer Pete Doherty to get his head down/hide away and write some new hits/material. Then he can have his reunion.

Comment

Another reunion? Jesus. Only made one good album and one patchy follow up.

Guess the habit in Paris is a bit dearer than Shoreditch.
                          Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

spoken to Glen over the R,s a lot used to by in my class at school and his Mum used to be a barmaid in The Lads Of The Village
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
                              Another reunion? Jesus. Only made one good album and one patchy follow up.

Guess the habit in Paris is a bit dearer than Shoreditch.
                              Patchy???? Poppycock dear boy
                              From the Hills of Kerry

Comment

Working...
                              X