Andy Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
    How many chances should he get then? He's had plenty already but keeps getting injured. I'd say its a bigger risk to play him and then lose him to injury than not play him...
    15-20 mins max off the bench if needed. Would never start him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      AJ: 10 Starts, 11 Sub appearances, 2 goals, 3 assists
      Zamora: 9 Starts, 9 Sub appearances, 3 goals, 3 assists
      Doyle: 7 Starts, 0 Sub appearances, 2 goals, 1 assist

I'd say he's worth a place on the bench if fit.

There is no point showing Maiga or Keane's stats....
      If he is fit, he is worth a place on the bench if only to keep either Maiga or Keane (preferably both) off it.
      I agree, that for the play-offs Austin should start, alongside with Doyle and Zamora coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes.

As for the games against Millwall and Barnsley, I would start with both Doyle and Johnson for the 1st 70-75 mins to get them match fit and replace them with either Austin, Zamora and Morrison. the main thing now is to try and keep all of these 5 fit and sharp enough for the play-off semi final games (probably against Wigan).

Comment

Funny how things change on here, wasn't too far back everyone was slating him bigtime. Too old, too injury prone, past it, Palarse fan ..........

Personally I like him a lot, even purchased his Poppy shirt this season

Would love to see him score in the play-offs
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          Funny how things change on here, wasn't too far back everyone was slating him bigtime. Too old, too injury prone, past it, Palarse fan ..........

Personally I like him a lot, even purchased his Poppy shirt this season

Would love to see him score in the play-offs
          He is injury prone, way past his best and not likley to score mre than a handful of goals in a season, however, he is still better than Maiga or Keane!

Comment

For what it`s worth I quite like AJ as a player. The problems are 1. far too injury prone.. and 2. He isn`t the right sort of player for us, he makes good intelligent runs that are never picked out. We need a quality midfielder who reads the game well and is able to play and early killer ball, IMO that is what we lack more than anything.

Comment

I'd defo have AJ on the bench. We've had Maiga and Keane on the bench in recent weeks, so he'd definitely replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                For what it`s worth I quite like AJ as a player. The problems are 1. far too injury prone.. and 2. He isn`t the right sort of player for us, he makes good intelligent runs that are never picked out. We need a quality midfielder who reads the game well and is able to play and early killer ball, IMO that is what we lack more than anything.
                Spot on , bang on the money , nail on the head , Think H thought Kranjar was going to be that man but he can't seem to get shot of that Michelin round his gut thats costing him his mobility and half a yard of pace

Comment

It's not exactly uncommon for someone coming back from injury to play for the reserves a few times to get match fitness. Given that he has only played in the last week I would bet it's that rather than any Harry conspiracy theory.

Oh and Maiga scored for the u21s a few weeks ago.......

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                    I'd defo have AJ on the bench. We've had Maiga and Keane on the bench in recent weeks, so he'd definitely replace them.
                    I'll go along with that, those two have had chances to impress. Not a great fan of AJ personally and did not want to sign him because of his injury history, but right now it's all about Queens Park Rangers
                    and getting the best players available in the matchday squad

Comment

What with the play-offs looming large on the horizon, another striker reaching full fitness is great news.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                        What with the play-offs looming large on the horizon, another striker reaching full fitness is great news.
                        yep agree bush

Comment

Working...
                        X