Andy Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
    Apart from thee 4 in 2 games for thee U21's in the last 7 days!
    Wow, thats amazing. Promising young under 21 player whos scoring bundles. Hes bound to do it in the real leagues. Give him a new contract. Asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Wow, thats amazing. Promising young under 21 player whos scoring bundles. Hes bound to do it in the real leagues. Give him a new contract. Asap.
      I know, I know. But it does show that he is fit and sharp. Expect him to be on he bench Saturday.
      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Hes had his chance old mate, and plenty of them. Austin doyle start, and zamora on for the last twenty minutes is our main strike force. Though he may well be on the bench saturday, im expecting a full reserve side to play to be honest.
        Aj will deffo go season end, with zamora and young, oh and i will bet a pound with anyone swp goes to the MLS.

Comment

oh and i will bet a pound with anyone swp goes to the MLS.
          Only If he is offered higher salary than what he is being paid now.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

AJ: 10 Starts, 11 Sub appearances, 2 goals, 3 assists
            Zamora: 9 Starts, 9 Sub appearances, 3 goals, 3 assists
            Doyle: 7 Starts, 0 Sub appearances, 2 goals, 1 assist

I'd say he's worth a place on the bench if fit.

There is no point showing Maiga or Keane's stats....

Comment

AJ is getting on a bit but still looks sharp whenever called upon. Good finish against Wednesday in the first game of the season.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

He could come off the bench in the play off final and score the winner...stranger things have happened

On another note, it kinda seems a bit like cheating playing him in a u21 play off game. I know its allowed and we all joke how **** he is but still...bit of a ringer to throw in for Steve Gallen and co.
                Last edited by Brian Wilson; 24-04-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  He could come off the bench in the play off final and score the winner...stranger things have happened
                  He's more likely to come off the bench and then get injured though isn't he....

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                    He's more likely to come off the bench and then get injured though isn't he....
                    probably, but ya never know, hes got the ability. I had a nightmare of Zamora missing an open goal in the playoff final a couple of weeks back..now that could def happen.

Comment

probably, but ya never know, hes got the ability. I had a nightmare of Zamora missing an open goal in the playoff final a couple of weeks back..now that could def happen.
                      More chance of elvis found marrying tupac on the moon with jacko and lord lucan as best men than aj scoring a goal, let alone a play off winner.
                      I reckon the most obvious scenario, whether in the second leg of the semi or the final is that schlagg bae getting sent off or giving away a penalty or scoring an own goal. And that is probably even money as well.

Comment

On another note, it kinda seems a bit like cheating playing him in a u21 play off game. I know its allowed and we all joke how **** he is but still...bit of a ringer to throw in for Steve Gallen and co.
                        I don't care who gets our winner!.....

We are really good on this forum for making out that our current team is shite and that ones who are not featuring or in favour are world beaters and the answer to all our problems...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                          I don't care who gets our winner!.....

We are really good on this forum for making out that our current team is shite and that ones who are not featuring or in favour are world beaters and the answer to all our problems...
                          Not saying that at all...just think he could still be useful. Hes a good player and if fit and up for it might surprise some.

Comment

Not saying that at all...just think he could still be useful. Hes a good player and if fit and up for it might surprise some.
                            Sorry Brian....used your quote purely for the playoff 'winner' bit, but I wasn't referring to what you said..

Comment

Hes had his chance old mate, and plenty of them. Austin doyle start, and zamora on for the last twenty minutes is our main strike force. Though he may well be on the bench saturday, im expecting a full reserve side to play to be honest.
                              Aj will deffo go season end, with zamora and young, oh and i will bet a pound with anyone swp goes to the MLS.
                              Will be the first team on Saturday we still need to win to guarantee fourth and home advantage in the second leg.

Expect the same starting X1 on Saturday barring any injuries. some (Doyle, Austin, Joey, Traore, Dunne, Hill) to name but a few need the game time!
                              oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

How many chances should he get then? He's had plenty already but keeps getting injured. I'd say its a bigger risk to play him and then lose him to injury than not play him...

Comment

Working...
                                X